f**k The 1960 Trooper (Got me again!!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by runin9s
I work here in Jersey Village and I know I've seen that trooper at least 10 times a week. I always see somone pulled over on 290 all the time
I just got pulled over by one of the motorcycle cops on my way to school the other day in Jersey Village. He got me for doing 40 in a 30. It was the same cop that got my brother 2 years ago for not coming to a "complete" stop before turning right at a red light.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

I once broke the law and got a ticket...phukin ***** cop....
Old 05-17-2005, 11:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a warning before when i had my LT's, ORY, and borla open plate for having a defective exaust system. the cop wrote on the ticket TC 547.064 for the section of the law book it was in. he even showed it to me. it is pretty much up to the cop to determine if its too loud or not
Old 05-17-2005, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Sounds like Ociffer Lott to me....that dick.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HMFIC
I once broke the law and got a ticket...phukin ***** cop....
Pretty interesting comment for a walmart door greeter....

I think some people may be misinterpreting why car enthusiasts get so upset about being ticketed for "breaking the law". We know what we are doing when we mod our cars, but take into consideration how small a percentage of the car driving public actually go to the extent of doing these mods, illegal or not. I would be willing to bet that just in Houston alone it is probably only a few percent if not less.

I mean really, is someone like GZ06 actually causing harm to the public by having a loud car or not having cats ? Do you think all the cars in Houston running without cats put out anything even close to what all the refineries in Pasadena do ?

These tickets against all of us "law breakers" are made because we are easy targets, just like shooting fish in a barrel. I think most all of us would feel better if tickets were given for truly dangerous violations, such as all of the cars and trucks I have almost rearended that have no brake lights or the people carrying junk on trailers that falls off in the middle of the road, or even the stupid cement and dump trucks that drop gravel on the road cracking our windshields and ruining the paint on the front of our vehicles.

I think more effort could be put into ticketing vehicles that are truly dangerous, not someone trying to make their car run better.

Last edited by rayosequis; 05-18-2005 at 12:12 AM.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rayosequis
No offense meant to your colleague, but how can you be a car freak and claim to have a vette and not know what year it is ?
I guess I should have wrote those words a little different. The officer I was talking to is Ron Tryon. Ron was telling me that Richard Standefur AKA Black Night is a car freak and owns a vette. But Ron did not happen to know what year it was. Sorry for the confusion
Old 05-18-2005, 04:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RamAirD98
I guess I should have wrote those words a little different. The officer I was talking to is Ron Tryon. Ron was telling me that Richard Standefur AKA Black Night is a car freak and owns a vette. But Ron did not happen to know what year it was. Sorry for the confusion
Next time he pulls me over for my exhaust ill ask him about it
Old 05-18-2005, 06:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FrankSS
I got a warning before when i had my LT's, ORY, and borla open plate for having a defective exaust system. the cop wrote on the ticket TC 547.064 for the section of the law book it was in. he even showed it to me. it is pretty much up to the cop to determine if its too loud or not
Should read 547.604:

§ 547.604. MUFFLER REQUIRED. (a) A motor vehicle shall be equipped with a muffler in good working condition that continually operates to prevent excessive or unusual noise.
(b) A person may not use a muffler cutout, bypass, or similar device on a motor vehicle.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.
By the way the A.I.R. system is covered by 547.605:

§ 547.605. EMISSION SYSTEMS REQUIRED. (a) The engine and power mechanism of a motor vehicle shall be equipped and adjusted to prevent the escape of excessive smoke or fumes.
(b) A motor vehicle or motor vehicle engine, of a model year after 1967, shall be equipped to prevent the discharge of crankcase emissions into the ambient atmosphere.
(c) The owner or operator of a motor vehicle or motor vehicle engine, of a model year after 1967, that is equipped with an exhaust emission system:
(1) shall maintain the system in good working condition;
(2) shall use the system when the motor vehicle or motor vehicle engine is operated; and
(3) may not remove the system or a part of the system or intentionally make the system inoperable in this state, unless the owner or operator removes the system or part to install another system or part intended to be equally effective in reducing atmospheric emissions.

Last edited by blaSSt; 05-18-2005 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Launching!

I talked to his Boss (Very nice guy) a few days ago, and he notifed me that their have been quite a few complaints on him, and he is pulling the video to watch his actions himself.

He said he would take care of it.

*For the record*

I was nice to this guy the first time, and it got me no where. I only give respect where respect is due. Not kissing anyones *** because they wear a badge and are apart of the L.A.W

Cheers
G
Old 05-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rayosequis

These tickets against all of us "law breakers" are made because we are easy targets, just like shooting fish in a barrel. I think most all of us would feel better if tickets were given for truly dangerous violations, such as all of the cars and trucks I have almost rearended that have no brake lights or the people carrying junk on trailers that falls off in the middle of the road, or even the stupid cement and dump trucks that drop gravel on the road cracking our windshields and ruining the paint on the front of our vehicles.

I think more effort could be put into ticketing vehicles that are truly dangerous, not someone trying to make their car run better.
No matter what the Tropper writes a citation for, the cited violator will complain. Using your example of a vehicle w/ no brake lights, that person would tell his/her friends how its BS that he/she received a citation for defective equipment. They would say something witty like, "My car is up to date, and I get hassled for a freaking brake light. Why dont they target people with those loud *** mufflers, or bank robbers, rapist etc..."

If you dont like the laws your legislature creates, complain to the lawmakers that you elect into office. (You=general public--not rayosequis specifically)
Old 05-19-2005, 05:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the one thing that really pisses me off about cops giving car/truck drivers tickets for loud vehicles, is that they will let bike riders (Harleys, etc.) go right on by with their exhaust that shakes pictures off the ******* wall when they go by, and won't do a damn thing.

of course, i'm not personally one to like my car to be really loud in the first place, but lots of people do like the loud exhaust, and they get hassled about it WAYYYY more than a bike rider ever will.....just seems a little hypocritical to me.....