Old 05-26-2005, 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FAST boat for sale....

Looking to upgrade my boat situation....here are the details:

1980 VIP Kona 18'
1980 Mercury Black Max, 175hp, hydraulic tilt
Trailer

Boat and motor were rebuilt by previous owner..have pictures of the hull apart during the restoration process. Paint is in descent shape, the hull has some fiberglass repairs here and there, motor is in great shape. I've owned the boat for almost two years and it has never let me sit (had it out nearly every weekend last summer). Motor always fires up on first try (even after being in storage over the winter). Drag boat look, speed, with a more fuel efficient outboard motor. Only boat I've ever been in that will pin you back in the seat when accelerating. This was a great "starter boat" for me, looking to get something different. Boat has been stored indoors since I've owned it. Boat registration is good until next summer, just installed a brand new battery....she's ready to hit the lake this weekend!! Had it out last weekend and the motor didn't skip a beat. Pictures can be seen here:

http://community.webshots.com/user/kenmojohnson

Asking price is $2600....have title(s) in hand. Will throw in a waterproof cover. Not interested in any trades, just cash! Will fit two bikini clad women on the bow!! Located in San Antonio. Thanks for looking!
Ken
Old 05-26-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sweet little boat, wish I had the cash.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ATXCAMAROGUY
Sweet little boat, wish I had the cash.
Thanks...I can work with the price some...need this out of my storage unit before the next one arrives
Old 05-27-2005, 09:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Cool boat. My buddy is selling one similar w/ a brand new 200hp Mercury outboard. It hauls some serious ***. 72+mph!
Old 05-27-2005, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ross87t
Cool boat. My buddy is selling one similar w/ a brand new 200hp Mercury outboard. It hauls some serious ***. 72+mph!
Any modifications done to the boat to support the bigger motor? Mine has a nice thick aluminum plate that distributes the force over the entire stern....looks pretty trick when the boat's on the trailer!!
Old 05-27-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by the right formula
Any modifications done to the boat to support the bigger motor? Mine has a nice thick aluminum plate that distributes the force over the entire stern....looks pretty trick when the boat's on the trailer!!
I can't remember if he has a reinforcement plate. I don't think it does. I know the boat is extremely solid in the rear. The thing will literally come out of the damn water!

His seat setup is a little different from yours. He's got the 2 buckets w/ 2 bench seats behind facing each other (running along the side of the boat).
I like your seating better. I wish I could buy yours, but we're going to wait a couple years for our daughter to get a little older. Plus, my wife wants a runabout. I'll just put an LS1 in it.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

I can't remember if he has a reinforcement plate. I don't think it does. I know the boat is extremely solid in the rear. The thing will literally come out of the damn water!

His seat setup is a little different from yours. He's got the 2 buckets w/ 2 bench seats behind facing each other (running along the side of the boat).
I like your seating better. I wish I could buy yours, but we're going to wait a couple years for our daughter to get a little older. Plus, my wife wants a runabout. I'll just put an LS1 in it.
Hehe...an LS1 would look pretty sweet tucked into one of these!! If you change your mind, let me know...as said, I can work on the price!!
Old 05-27-2005, 11:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by the right formula
Hehe...an LS1 would look pretty sweet tucked into one of these!! If you change your mind, let me know...as said, I can work on the price!!
I am EXTREMELY tempted. I'll let you know.

How many hours on the motor? Condition of trailer, etc. You can pm me, if you'd like.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am EXTREMELY tempted. I'll let you know.

How many hours on the motor? Condition of trailer, etc. You can pm me, if you'd like.
pm's sent!!
Old 06-03-2005, 07:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

TTT...you could be on the lake this weekend!!!!!!!!!!