My car is a magnet for assholes

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default My car is a magnet for ********

So just 2 weeks ago someone slams their door into my bumper and puts a dent in it, never found who it was. This morning my friend emails me saying "dont get angry....but someone pulled into the front of your car". As soon as I saw that I shot out of the building only to find this peice of **** grand prix's nose touching my stull grille. Luckily my parking brake wasnt on and I only got a few scratches above the grille on the nose from their front license plate. I took down all the car info and left them a note on their window. I really am thinking about going back to the car and kicking the door in, or taking my knife and cutting off all the valve stems. Some suggestions either to suppress my anger or provoke me to do something bad would be appreciated.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PSYKOZ28
So just 2 weeks ago someone slams their door into my bumper and puts a dent in it, never found who it was. This morning my friend emails me saying "dont get angry....but someone pulled into the front of your car". As soon as I saw that I shot out of the building only to find this peice of **** grand prix's nose touching my stull grille. Luckily my parking brake wasnt on and I only got a few scratches above the grille on the nose from their front license plate. I took down all the car info and left them a note on their window. I really am thinking about going back to the car and kicking the door in, or taking my knife and cutting off all the valve stems. Some suggestions either to suppress my anger or provoke me to do something bad would be appreciated.
Damn that sucks man.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

do something to their car probably wont be the best idea since they obviously dont care about their own car. Leaving a note probably isn't going to do anything else. Get the police involved so you have it on file and they can't get away without having to pay for it. Houston drivers suck, the person probably doesn't have insurance either. Make them pay, try and get the dent taken care if at all possible.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If car is still there against yours & you have a camera, take a pic incase they try to say it wasnt them that hit it. That happened to me at work about 3 weeks ago, but I had the pic I took with the digital to prove it was them when they tried to weasel out of it.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Yah i took pics but they didnt do any damage other than a few scratches, and frankly my whole front bumper has scratches from the highway so it doesnt matter, but with the dent i dont know who did it because no car was parked by me when i found it. I seriously would have kicked their door in for the dent, even if they were standing there, or else my name wouldnt be psyko, lol.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah you can't have a name and not go by it
Old 06-27-2005, 03:00 PM
TECH Addict

Old 06-27-2005, 05:13 PM
TECH Junkie

damn man that sux..... i got small dents and scratches from the dumb asses that drive in Pasadena . . ... It doesnt help that I work at a a grocery store either; but i park as far away as i can from all the shoppers. . . . .
Old 06-27-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

damn man i feel for you. i am still working on getting my dent out from the best buy incident a couple weeks ago. i have learned to keep myself an old school TPX bat in the back seat to make me feel better after someone hits my car
Old 06-27-2005, 09:45 PM
12 Second Club

keep a can of brake fluid in the car-heard its really hard on painted surfaces
Old 06-27-2005, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by electricz28
keep a can of brake fluid in the car-heard its really hard on painted surfaces

at this machine shop i work at, we have this paint and gasket remover made by ZEP. there was a guy that worked there that put it on a guys car that did something like what happened to psykos..ruined his paint pretty quick...
Old 06-27-2005, 10:49 PM
Launching!

yep, it really sucks man. I have these fine scratches all over my passenger door from who knows what. It really pisses me off b/c when the car is sparkling clean, the scratches are just bursting out.

Also, when i moved the people at my work thought it would be fun to place condoms (luckily they were unused..lol) all over my car (exhaust, mirrors and antenna) and then they sprayed silly string all over it. Not only that, but then they shrink wrapped my whole car with multiple layers. I must say they did a good job, it took me like 45 minutes to get it all off. Then i went straight to the car wash. Unfortunately after a few hours in the 105 degree temp, the silly string had baked into my paint and seals. Needless to say, my clear coat is peeling in some places b/c of it.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Lucian
yep, it really sucks man. I have these fine scratches all over my passenger door from who knows what. It really pisses me off b/c when the car is sparkling clean, the scratches are just bursting out.

Also, when i moved the people at my work thought it would be fun to place condoms (luckily they were unused..lol) all over my car (exhaust, mirrors and antenna) and then they sprayed silly string all over it. Not only that, but then they shrink wrapped my whole car with multiple layers. I must say they did a good job, it took me like 45 minutes to get it all off. Then i went straight to the car wash. Unfortunately after a few hours in the 105 degree temp, the silly string had baked into my paint and seals. Needless to say, my clear coat is peeling in some places b/c of it.
Thats why when you do all that you put the shrinkwrap on FIRST. That way it looks horrible but it all comes off very easily.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:22 AM
TECH Junkie

damn i would have been pissed off if that would have happened to me.....