Custom License Plates

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 05:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom License Plates

Does anybody know of an online site that can tell you if a custom license plate is taken already?
Old 06-30-2005, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brian2006
Does anybody know of an online site that can tell you if a custom license plate is taken already?
if you know any cops they can run it for you and tell you if it comes up or not.

and man, our cars look almost identical, right down to the clear corners that just came in today! but i dont have leather.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Let's say i don't know any cops. Then what do I do?

And if you're looking at my cardomain to compare our cars, that is really outdated.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Like clockwork...this subject keeps coming up about every three months, so here goes again:

The first thing you need to do before selecting just one is to make a list of several possibilities, then call TX-DOT at 512-465-7611. Tell whoever answers that you want to check on the availability of a personalized plate name. There is one guy that answers the phone there (John) that is a real dick and will only let you ask about 5 plate names at a time.

Because TX has so many vehicles with personalized plates in the state, chances are high that most of your selections are already taken, so you need to be creative!

Good luck!
Old 06-30-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Brian yours should say COKSKR, its perfect for you
Old 07-02-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brian2006
Let's say i don't know any cops. Then what do I do?

And if you're looking at my cardomain to compare our cars, that is really outdated.
then do like the other says and call the jerk.

and i was talking about your sig pic. where would i have found your cardomain page? no linky
Old 07-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by SS 4 ME
The first thing you need to do before selecting just one is to make a list of several possibilities, then call TX-DOT at 512-465-7611. Tell whoever answers that you want to check on the availability of a personalized plate name. There is one guy that answers the phone there (John) that is a real dick and will only let you ask about 5 plate names at a time.
He's not a dick, its just policy, I used to work for Vehicles Titles & Registration for the state, and he's just following policy. With the number of calls they recieve a day in the bigger city offices, its not a suprise that they don't limit it to 3.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spazdout
He's not a dick, its just policy, I used to work for Vehicles Titles & Registration for the state, and he's just following policy. With the number of calls they recieve a day in the bigger city offices, its not a suprise that they don't limit it to 3.
Okay, then let's just say John is not as friendly as the other individuals I have spoken to there, policy or not.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by SS 4 ME
Okay, then let's just say John is not as friendly as the other individuals I have spoken to there, policy or not.
yea, with the department i worked in being the only department in TxDot to work with the public in a customer service role, some of the poeple just plain sucked, so after X amount of times, you just get wore down. Ohh yea, the phones are a completely different monster.....alot more stress with dealing with 200 calls a day.