Man have I got a story to tell!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005 | 11:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Will Clark
You know, when I think about it there should be no such thing as a stiffer penalty for crimes against a police officer. I mean, either raise everyone to the same standard to lower the officers to ours. And while I'm at it, they shouldn't be allowed to violate any law for any reason.
Eeehh, I don't really agree with that. Yea cops can be dicks, but they are also out there trying to keep us safe. They put up with a lot of crap that everyday people don't have to deal with, so I have no problem with them being put up on some kind of pedastool. I'm sure if you were to go out there and do their job everyday you would want to be treated a little differently. I don't think they should be treated like royalty or anything, but they deserve a little respect. Although I do hate it when I see a cop speeding excessively or running red lights with their sirens on.... that irritates me

Brian
Old 07-05-2005 | 11:43 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by White 02 WS6
What about if say TABC tried to give you a PI and giving you a pen test while walking around...What if you refuse it?? Wouldn't they arrest you? The reason I ask is because they tried to get me this at the Crawfish festival and I had just bought my first beer...
In the case of Public Intoxication (Not Driving, but walking around), there is no test. It is based on the officers opinion that you are "intoxicated to the point that you are a danger to yourself and others".

Originally Posted by Will Clark
You know, when I think about it there should be no such thing as a stiffer penalty for crimes against a police officer. I mean, either raise everyone to the same standard to lower the officers to ours. And while I'm at it, they shouldn't be allowed to violate any law for any reason.
I disagree, you need stiffer penalties for crimes against public servants in general, not just cops. This is a thankless job. I knew it was when I took it but I am just now, after 13 years, starting to get tired of the b.s. I used to love catching theives (burglars, car thieves, etc.) but it gets old after a while.

As far as being able to break the law, you've got it all wrong. We aren't allowed to break any laws, as a matter of fact when was the last time your employer had a drivers license/insurnace check when you got to work? Mine did last week! I can lose my job if I get in any type of trouble other than a traffic citation, that really puts a damper on things. A lot of officers get away with stuff but a lot of us don't.
Old 07-05-2005 | 01:05 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Originally Posted by Texas TransAm
Good DWI tips:

1. Don't do any field sobriety tests..no follow the pen, one leg stand, walk the line ****.
2. Don't admit to drinking.
3. Say as little as possible.
4. Don't take a breath test.
5. Keep in mind that your always being video/audio taped.

It will be next to impossible to get a conviction with no evidence and will be the officers word against yours.

If you've been drinking this is the absolutely correct... Just be prepared for the consequences.

Best advice is simply not to drink.

Yes, you loose your license of you don't blow, but as stated then they have no evidence. So, your lawyer can get you a ALR hearing, get you a provisional license, and have you back on the road.

Then your case goes to trial, they have no evidence, and a decent attorney should be able to get them to drop the charges on you. Just be prepared to drop some coin on legal fees. As I said, best bet is to not put yourself in that position to start with...
Old 07-05-2005 | 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PhatT/A
has anyone filed a complaint on this "black knight" character?
For what? Enforcing the law?
If you have an open cutout, I'd say that's loud enough to warrent a ticket. Sometimes we get used to the loud exhaust, but the fact is - it's loud as fock.
Old 07-05-2005 | 04:42 PM
11 Second Club

Got lucky........bcs u never wana go to jail....been there!!! it sucks.....lol
Old 07-05-2005 | 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chevy42083
For what? Enforcing the law?
If you have an open cutout, I'd say that's loud enough to warrent a ticket. Sometimes we get used to the loud exhaust, but the fact is - it's loud as fock.

The whole "is it a V6" story sounds more like harassment to me...I would file a complaint and at least make the officer aware that people are watching out for unnecessary BS
Old 07-05-2005 | 09:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

I guess I took it as the guy making conversation and being stupid. I see what ya mean though, I guess I'd have to be there to form a real opinion on whether it was "report" worthy.
Old 07-06-2005 | 04:58 PM
Staging Lane

lol i've never heard of this cop "Black Knight" how did he get the cool name
Old 07-06-2005 | 06:41 PM
Teching In

Tell the officer your not refusing to take a breath test just tell them you want your laywer present while you take it.
Old 07-06-2005 | 06:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by conv69SS1
Tell the officer your not refusing to take a breath test just tell them you want your laywer present while you take it.
Ummmm....thats not an option available to you when your read the Statutory Warning. You either take it or you don't. Questioning on the other had, is a different story.
Old 07-06-2005 | 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Zangel
Let me get this straight... you were in BW3's parking lot (PRIVATE PROPERTY) when they flagged you down? If that is the case, they couldn't do **** to you unless BW3's actually called the cops... they were just ******* with you!

I was thinking that the entire time, now minute he pulls out on the street, well then thats fair game.
Old 07-06-2005 | 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PSYKOZ28
The black knight is Standifer, a cop who patrols 1960 looks for loud exhuast and other things on cars that he is jealous about, never had the pleasure of meeting him though.

This is the pig that pulled me over a few months ago and gave me a ticket for almost anything he could find. Sad that it's like a little gang of his that go out looking for these cars. I was going to work one morning and he called in to his buddy at Hwy 290 and told him to look out for my car and pull me over. 3 trooper cars were around my car and they were acting as if they had pulled me over from a high speed chase. The badge seems to make some people think they are big shots.

PIGS
Old 07-07-2005 | 05:14 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Fun4All
The badge seems to make some people think they are big shots.
Some of us have low self esteem....we have to do something to make us feel good.
Old 07-07-2005 | 10:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RED98WS6
Technically, they can give you a DWI just for having 1 drink.
That's only if your'e under 21, then it's actually called a DUI. You have to be .08 BAL or over to get a DWI. I've let lots of guys go that have had a few drinks but still passed the field sobriety tests.
Old 07-07-2005 | 10:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Also we had one lady refuse to blow, and the Trooper said that it'd cost her an extra $5,000 for refusing.
Old 07-07-2005 | 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Texas TransAm
As far as being able to break the law, you've got it all wrong. We aren't allowed to break any laws, as a matter of fact when was the last time your employer had a drivers license/insurnace check when you got to work? Mine did last week! I can lose my job if I get in any type of trouble other than a traffic citation, that really puts a damper on things. A lot of officers get away with stuff but a lot of us don't.
Ok, you're not "allowed" to break the law. But you happen to be the people who cite charges on law breakers. Officers can get away with so much **** that would land anyone else in jail or court.

And running red lights with the lights on just to turn them off a second later? WTF is that, I can't think of any reason that kind of crap should be tolerated. I mean why do you think they do this stuff, because they know that no one can really do much about it.
Old 07-07-2005 | 12:21 PM
TECH Veteran

I will turn the overhead red/blues on to run through a red light if I have a call to go to, or to get through the light to catch a car or whatnot. If you follow them when they do this, they're not trying to make it to the 7-11 or donut shop in time. They have somewhere to get to or something going on that is urgent enough to justify them using them.
Old 07-07-2005 | 12:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by #41
Eeehh, I don't really agree with that. Yea cops can be dicks, but they are also out there trying to keep us safe. They put up with a lot of crap that everyday people don't have to deal with, so I have no problem with them being put up on some kind of pedastool. I'm sure if you were to go out there and do their job everyday you would want to be treated a little differently. I don't think they should be treated like royalty or anything, but they deserve a little respect. Although I do hate it when I see a cop speeding excessively or running red lights with their sirens on.... that irritates me Brian
I don't see any reason why assaulting an officer is any different than assaulting you. Its not like I said they should be brought "down" to our level, why can't the normal person have a law with some teeth protecting them however? I totally understand that they go through a lot of crap, but so does my garbage man.
Old 07-07-2005 | 12:29 PM
TECH Veteran

The normal person has the right to protect themselves and their property. But it's in sort of a grey area..Sure you can take whatever measures you want to defend yourself, but you better be able to back it up in court. Just like the old days of shooting someone who was stealing your horse or whatnot. That was back in the day where the Sheriff may be several hours away. Nowadays we have 911 and such, so you have alternate choices you can make. Assaulting an officer will also get you a very good ***-whooping by him/his buddies off camera.
Old 07-07-2005 | 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS69TA
I will turn the overhead red/blues on to run through a red light if I have a call to go to, or to get through the light to catch a car or whatnot. If you follow them when they do this, they're not trying to make it to the 7-11 or donut shop in time. They have somewhere to get to or something going on that is urgent enough to justify them using them.
Sometimes, but usually not from my experience. They're doing this because they don't want to sit at an intersection. I've seen plenty of times when its 1AM w/ no traffic, I'm sitting at a light and some cop rolls trough the intersection doing the speed limit. I mean, I'm almost against that even in an emergency after that grusome wreck at hwy 6 and west road a couple years back. I mean what do you tell the guy going home when he gets sideswiped by a cop chasing some guy going 40-50 over the speed limit? You should of seen the lights? Just following the rules?

If there is a fire or some other legit reason to speed then by all means, drive in a quick/safe manner. I've seen close calls on Westheimer a few times, once the cop did a "Bat-turn" and ended up in a ditch. Another time they were waiting on a side street for speeders and when they saw one they jumped out and someone ate **** trying to avoid them.

Quick Reply: Man have I got a story to tell!!!!