Diecast Car question?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 02:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Diecast Car question?

Im sure some of you here collect Diecast cars. I was wondering wheres a good place to find them locally houston. Im really looking to find me an orange 57 chevy. Im trying to find one so i can reproduce my friends dads old car.
http://www.jeffreycollier.com/mcdadcar.jpg

So any 57 would work i can always strip and spray it orange, but it would be easier if i could find one already painted. Then all i have to do is make the vinyl graphics and then apply them.
So if anyone knows of any good diecast places around houston let me know.
Thanks!
Jeff
Old 07-08-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Killer
Im sure some of you here collect Diecast cars. I was wondering wheres a good place to find them locally houston. Im really looking to find me an orange 57 chevy. Im trying to find one so i can reproduce my friends dads old car.
http://www.jeffreycollier.com/mcdadcar.jpg

So any 57 would work i can always strip and spray it orange, but it would be easier if i could find one already painted. Then all i have to do is make the vinyl graphics and then apply them.
So if anyone knows of any good diecast places around houston let me know.
Thanks!
Jeff

theres a flea market on 610 south called lone star arena, guy has a stand there with a bunch. i'll get the exits when i get home, dad use to work over there. i like to collect the Le Mans cars but i'm sure he had more
Old 07-08-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Regular

Great Thanks! Ill have to check it out. I been lookin at these and i think i might be collecting a few of these old school lemans cars myself
Thanks for the info.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sams club, wal-mart, toys-r-us etc.. they might have them, all you gotta do is look. i have quite a few myself.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Resident

They have die cast cars:
Hobby Center-Clearlake
(281) 488-8697
18177 Gulf Fwy @ El Dorado
Webster, TX 77598
Old 07-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by white man
theres a flea market on 610 south called lone star arena, guy has a stand there with a bunch. i'll get the exits when i get home, dad use to work over there. i like to collect the Le Mans cars but i'm sure he had more

I think its Trading Fair II on 610 South and MLK..I think. This guy has a section with lots of tools and die cast cars. He is Hispanic..his name is Noe Mejia..I have bought/ordered a few cars from him in the past. He has a good local connection here in houston with some mystery guy..he never did want to hook me up with his connection. He has good pricing ( makes you a great deals if you buy regularly) on Auto Art...hooks me up with most of my Kyosho's..he has more than a few of Ertl muscle cars. If he gets to know you well...hell even take your checks!! LOL!!

Rick
Old 07-08-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ricker6869
I think its Trading Fair II on 610 South and MLK..I think. This guy has a section with lots of tools and die cast cars. He is Hispanic..his name is Noe Mejia..I have bought/ordered a few cars from him in the past. He has a good local connection here in houston with some mystery guy..he never did want to hook me up with his connection. He has good pricing ( makes you a great deals if you buy regularly) on Auto Art...hooks me up with most of my Kyosho's..he has more than a few of Ertl muscle cars. If he gets to know you well...hell even take your checks!! LOL!!

Rick
thats it, i use to DJ at parties in the arena up stairs so thats what i knew it as. might go this weekend to see what he has
Old 07-08-2005, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

traders village has a big die cast store, i buy mine there
Old 07-08-2005, 04:19 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the info and i love your charger! makes me want to go out and find one myself!

Originally Posted by Dave68RT
sams club, wal-mart, toys-r-us etc.. they might have them, all you gotta do is look. i have quite a few myself.