Fastest Modern Muscle Car Shootout [Hallsville] - Sept 10

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I think it has to do with the no race cars rule, the lame classes and tire requirements. Almost sounds like they've already got the winners all picked out. No race cars??? After all isn't that what it's all about, racing cars? If you can't run what you brung why have that class? Kind of sounds like you don't want the fastest cars out there, It's all good though I won't be there.

Originally Posted by VICOUS
What no racers in Texas?????? I have been hearing about having a race that includes all American Cars now I have one and no replies.

Last edited by Elite_Hot_Rod; 09-07-2005 at 12:05 AM.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
No I think it has to do with the no race cars rule, the lame classes and tire requirements. Almost sounds like they've already got the winners all picked out. No race cars??? After all isn't that what it's all about, racing cars? If you can't run what you brung why have that class? Kind of sounds like you don't want the fastest cars out there, It's all good though I won't be there.
Did you not notice the name of this event? MODERN MUSCLE CAR Shootout. Doesn't say anything about race cars, there are other events for that at every track, every weekend. This is a chance to have your modern muscle car compete with cars of like kind
Old 09-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

Finally somebody gets it. amen brother
Old 09-07-2005, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

Yes I read the title of thread and fully understood it. I consider my 1999 Navy Blue Metallic Pontiac Trans Am to be a modern muscle car but it is not inspected and not street legal because of the exhaust and lack of windshield wipers which is why I trailer it and consider it to be a "race car". Let me ask you a question Mr. Scrapt, did YOU read and fully comprehend the title of this thread? Apparently not so let me explain it to you, It reads "Fastest Modern Muscle Car Shootout" which means that the organizers apparently wanted the FASTEST modern muscle cars to participate which should include my car but does not. Maybe the race should actually be titled "Fastest modern street muscle car.

BTW, check the drag racing forums fastest list on this board, I think you'll find my car in the #7 overall position and 4th on the Nitrous list. Is it fast, I think so.

Now drive thru.

Originally Posted by Strapt
Did you not notice the name of this event? MODERN MUSCLE CAR Shootout. Doesn't say anything about race cars, there are other events for that at every track, every weekend. This is a chance to have your modern muscle car compete with cars of like kind

Last edited by Elite_Hot_Rod; 09-07-2005 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

Amen to what, are you that slow Mr. Vicous? Can't hang with the really fast guys? ROFLMFAO

Originally Posted by VICOUS
Finally somebody gets it. amen brother
Old 09-10-2005, 01:29 PM
9 Second Club

Mark give them a break.

Elite's car went a 6.09 on a 11.5 Et street and I can get a inspection sticker for the car. He would be able to run in the fast 8 but I guess he is pussing out.