Fastest Modern Muscle Car Shootout [Hallsville] - Sept 10

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Fastest Modern Muscle Car Shootout [Hallsville] - Sept 10

XTREME Corvette Club of Texas is proud to announce the Fastest Modern Muscle Car Shootout. This event will have both Heads Up and Bracket racing. Open to any type of racer from the amateur to the die-hard enthusiast. For all domestic cars 1984 and newer Corvettes, F-bodies, Mustangs, Lightings, GTO’s, GN’s, Impala’s, Vipers and any other all American modern day muscle car (1984 and newer). From mild to wild (street legal only - PLEASE NO RACE CARS). Your car must be street legal - meaning it must have current state inspection, insurance AND MUFFLERS! All cars must have a full interior with ALL seats. You may run with only one front seat if you are running a 5 pt. rollbar or greater. Tires are limited to 355s or 11.5" widths in all classes We will have three bracket classes and six heads-up classes. Awards will be given for first and second place in all nine classes.

Date: September 10th
Place: Hallsville Raceway, Hallsville Texas (Map/Directions)
Time: Gates Open at 10:00 a.m. with racing starting around 11:00 a.m.
Prizes: 1st & 2nd place Trophies awarded in all six classes.
Rules: All cars must be street legal, meaning it must be currently tagged, inspected, insured and have mufflers (no open headers). Must be 1984 and newer domestic. Must have a full interior with all seats. You may run with only one front seat if you are running a 5 pt. rollbar or greater. Tires are limited to 355s or 11.5" widths in all classes.
Cost: $15 per tech card for racers
$10 for spectators

Bracket Classes

Street Muscle E.T. 13.00 - up
Super Muscle E.T. 12.00 - 12.99
XTREME Muscle E.T. 11.99 and Faster
**First round buybacks are available for $10 in all Bracket Classes**

Heads Up Classes

OEM Stock-Quick 8 heads up race. Must be Stock car (except for air filter, and cat-back exhaust). NO other mods. Tires must be D.O.T. approved and are limited to 355s or 11.5" widths. OEM street tires ONLY. We are explicitly excluding Drag Radials ,MT ET Streets (or similar) and front skinnies from this class.

True Street-Quick 8 heads up race. Tires must be D.O.T. approved and are limited to 355s or 11.5" widths. OEM street tires ONLY. We are explicitly excluding Drag Radials ,MT ET Streets (or similar) and front skinnies from this class.

XTREME Street -Quick 8 heads up race. Tires must be D.O.T. approved and are limited to 355s or 11.5" widths. Drag Radials are allowed. However, we are explicitly excluding MT ET Streets (or similar) and front skinnies from this class.

XTREME Street NA-Quick 8 heads up race. Motor ONLY cars, NO POWER ADDERS, Naturally Aspirated! (That means no Nitrous, Turbos, or Blowers) -Tires must be D.O.T. approved and are limited to 355s or 11.5" widths. Drag Radials are allowed. However, we are explicitly excluding MT ET Streets (or similar) and front skinnies from this class.

Big Boy NA-Quick 8 heads up race. The 8 quickest cars running any tire combo (i.e. slicks, skinnies, etc.) Motor ONLY, NO POWER ADDERS, Naturally Aspirated! (That means no Nitrous, Turbos, or Blowers) Tires are limited to 355s or 11.5" widths.

WHATCHABRUNG-Quick 8 heads up race. The 8 quickest cars running any tire combo (i.e. slicks, skinnies, etc.) Tires may be ET Streets (or similar) or Drag Radials, but are limited to 355s or 11.5" widths.

All Hallsville Raceway Track Rules and Guidelines apply and the vehicle must pass a technical inspection by the track technicians. Any person without the proper safety equipment for their speed during competition will be automatically disqualified. Rules enforcement will be at the Track's discretion and XCCT. If you have any questions about the tracks rules and guidelines please call them at (903) 668-2858 or (940) 382-2709. Visit their website at www.hallsvilledragway.com
Old 07-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Staging Lane

What no racers in Texas?????? I have been hearing about having a race that includes all American Cars now I have one and no replies.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

Question

Originally Posted by VICOUS
we are explicitly excluding MT ET Streets
This is NOT very "street legal" friendly. 4 of the 6 classes exclude theses DOT tires, the other 2 classes are Quick 8 classes that allow slicks so it's difficult to compete in those classes. Maybe you can shed some light on this
Old 07-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Strapt
This is NOT very "street legal" friendly. 4 of the 6 classes exclude theses DOT tires, the other 2 classes are Quick 8 classes that allow slicks so it's difficult to compete in those classes. Maybe you can shed some light on this

We have been running this race for about 6 years now but just of Corvettes. We have changed it for this race to include all American cars. And since the turnout should be larger we added some Q8 classes. We have classes for anyone running a 99% stock car on OEM Street Tires (mods can only be air filter and cat back exhuast. We have a TRUE Street which if for any car running on an OEM style tire (NO! DR, or ,MT ET Streets (or similar) and front skinnies from this class. Then we have 2 Drag Radial classes 1 for NA cars and 1 for power adders. Then we have 2 more classes for those that run slicks and skinnes, once again 1 NA and 1 for power adders.

So to answer you questions we have 6 classes for all Street Legal Cars. 2 for pure Street Tires, 2 for DR's and 2 for Slicks. Then we also have bracket classes to handicap races too. Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

For some reason i knew it was in Hallsville before I even read the thread. Hallsville is a good track though, as long as noone is getting shot (like not too long ago).
Old 07-27-2005, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

my car will be ready by then for some passes not sure where i'd compete probably the street muscle class lol
Old 07-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by VICOUS
So to answer you questions we have 6 classes for all Street Legal Cars. 2 for pure Street Tires, 2 for DR's and 2 for Slicks. Then we also have bracket classes to handicap races too. Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
So Extreme Street and Extreme Street N/A classes will allow ET Street "Radials" but not the ET Streets? If that's the case, I'm sure I can fit into one of those. Thanks
Old 07-28-2005, 07:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Strapt
So Extreme Street and Extreme Street N/A classes will allow ET Street "Radials" but not the ET Streets? If that's the case, I'm sure I can fit into one of those. Thanks

Correct the ET Drag Radials are fine, but the ET Streets will have to be in either Big Boy NA or WHATCHABRUNG.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Honestly how strict are they in enforcing the IHRA Safety rules....? You can PM me if you like...I have a true "street" car with no cage...I'll always keep it that way. What is the lowest ET now for having to have a 6 point cage? I know it's a little different than NHRA. I never had a problem teching at SAR (San Antonio Raceway) for one of the LS1 events a couple of years ago.

One more thing...how far away is this from Houston?

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2005, 09:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SJRTX
For some reason i knew it was in Hallsville before I even read the thread. Hallsville is a good track though, as long as noone is getting shot (like not too long ago).
the last time I was there the track sucked or it didn't like dr's. my best 60' was like a 1.9 and the bathrooms sucked.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:05 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

11.50 for a rollbar Dennis. I doubt you will do that without drag radials though
Old 07-28-2005, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
11.50 for a rollbar Dennis. I doubt you will do that without drag radials though

We have been running our events out there for the past three years. The owner really takes care of us, and as long as all of the cars go straight and don't do anything stupid they will remain lax on the rules. (don't hold me to this but we have never had a problem in the past 3 yrs of our events.) As far as tracktion goes, he puts extra stuff down for us. His goal is to break a car on the launch. We have always had our best runs at this track.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

ttt
Old 08-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Launching!

I spoke to a couple of guys that had broken rear ends at the last Corvette race yall had at Hallsville earlier in the year. Traction was indeed good that day. I'll be there for sure. It's only 5 minutes from my house and it definitely has a laid back atmosphere. Hopefully it'll cool off somewhat by Sept.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:57 PM
11 Second Club

How strict is this "All cars must have a full interior with ALL seats."? I have an 86 Cutlass that I might bring. It has a full interior, with 2 race seats up front, but the rears have been removed for a 6 point roll bar. Car is tagged and insured, and is driven on the street.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry but we will be strict that rule "ALL CARS MUST HAVE FULL INTERIOR".
Old 08-03-2005, 06:47 PM
11 Second Club

So basically any car that runs 11:50 or quicker won't be able to compete, since a roll bar will be required. I know you can put a 6 point in an fbody or Corvette without removing the rear seats, but what about everyone else? You said you could run with one front seat if you had a 5 point bar. I have a full interior and both front seats, but no rears, because that is where the rear bars go, and I can't run? Sounds like you are going to prevent a lot of fast street cars from showing up.

Any person without the proper safety equipment for their speed during competition will be automatically disqualified.
A lot of cars won't be able to have the proper safety equipment if they have to keep their rear seats, or they will have the safety equipment and will have to remove the rear seats.

Are you trying to limit the whole event to 11:50 or slower? I thought is was for all domestic cars newer than 1984. Many of these cars will not be able to run, because your rear seat rule will keep them from being able to have the appropriate safety equipment.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

What kind of car do you have, almost all of the F-bodies I have seen with a 6 or 5-pt roll bar still have there back seat. The ones that don't have a back seat are the ones with 10 pt or more. Do you still have full carpet just no back seat? If so I will throw it by the rule makes and see what comes up.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:54 PM
11 Second Club

I have a '00 ss, but the car I want to take to Hallsville is my 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. It has a full interior. Dash, carpet, seats, and headliner. The rear seats had to be removed for the back two bars of the 6 point cage, and even that section has been carpeted. No bare floors or firewall. The whole interior is finished out. No gutted out drag car interior here.

I know the fbodys and Corvette's can have a 6 point without removing the rear seats, because they are hatch back cars, but if you are going to permit all domestics from 1984 up, I think you would do good to consider the fact that a lot of these cars are not hatchbacks, and do not have the luxury of keeping the rear seats when they put in a 6 point.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

I have spoken to the officers and your points are taken. So the rules will read you may run without a back seat if you have 5/6 point roll bar that goes where the seat would have been, and only if you have a 5/6 pt roll bar going there. But you car must have all carpet and only the seats may be removed. If you are running without a rear seat you must run both front seats, its one or the other. So to recap cars with a 5 pt or greater roll bar may run without a front seat, or if there roll bar goes into where a back seat would have been (thus making it impossible to have a back seat), they may run without a back seat, but must run a front seat.

The rules we have in place to to eliminate any race cars from coming. This is suppose to be a True Street Car Shootout to where you would drive the car everyday, take it to the track change tires if needed and race. Then put your street tires back on and head to the grocery store. We are trying to keep this somewhat as simple as we can.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Please pass the word along as we want to have a great turnout.