back from lake travis, cliffs

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default back from lake travis, cliffs

I went with some friends up to lake travis and the cliffs where you can jump off. It was my first time going there and it was badass!!! the drop is about 40 feet, and its so crazy when you're falling. Then we went to a spot where theres a rope swing on a tree where you can swing off and fall into the lake. there are so many spots along the rocks to just sit and chill and watch everybody on the lake and the scenery in the background. it was really relaxing.

at the cliff rock there was an older man whos a diver and he was doing backflips and twists and all that. I asked him about the height since he would probably know and he said about 10-15m maybe. the water went down a bunch from where it was before so its a big drop.

when I fell it felt like I was falling for a long time, and the acceleration felt crazy. It was a big *** adrenaline rush!

so anybody jump off the rock Im talking about? I dont know where it is exactly but we had to pay $8 to go in, its like a camp spot at first and you drive down a ways and its on the left.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

is it one of the state parks?
Old 07-23-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BigSteele
I went with some friends up to lake travis and the cliffs where you can jump off. It was my first time going there and it was badass!!! the drop is about 40 feet, and its so crazy when you're falling. Then we went to a spot where theres a rope swing on a tree where you can swing off and fall into the lake. there are so many spots along the rocks to just sit and chill and watch everybody on the lake and the scenery in the background. it was really relaxing.

at the cliff rock there was an older man whos a diver and he was doing backflips and twists and all that. I asked him about the height since he would probably know and he said about 10-15m maybe. the water went down a bunch from where it was before so its a big drop.

when I fell it felt like I was falling for a long time, and the acceleration felt crazy. It was a big *** adrenaline rush!

so anybody jump off the rock Im talking about? I dont know where it is exactly but we had to pay $8 to go in, its like a camp spot at first and you drive down a ways and its on the left.
Sounds like your talking about Pale Face or Pace Bend Park. I used to frequent that spot a lot when I was in highschool. It was always a chore to see who would jump first. It would always be me saying awe f--k it and then I would jump. Great fun.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:26 PM
10 Second Club

On lake travis Ive done the rope swing, its sweet. Have you ever jumped off the old rail road tracks?
Old 07-23-2005, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i love cliff jumps. Use to go to a place in VA and jump off 4 story cliffs and me being 6 2 290lbs i made quite a splash, it takes forever to fall, lol.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:02 AM
12 Second Club

Im not sure if it was a state park or what. I think where we entered it was some kind of park.
Havent been off any railroad tracks, where are those at?
Ive only been to Austin a couple times, and I dont know much about places over there. Im going to UT in the fall, and Im excited to explore and find the spots to go.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds like pace bend...

that jump is around ~30 feet if its the one im thinking of...
Old 07-24-2005, 12:32 PM
12 Second Club

well my friend has been there before and when we went yesterday you could see the water level dropped a lot. there was a white line way above the water edge where the level used to be. So I think it really was a little bit farther down. like when I climbed back up the rock the water line was above my head.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:20 PM
Launching!

Pace Bend is badass. My friends and I went there a few times last summer, and I love it. We may make it back there before we head to school, but I dunno. Glad you had fun.

Brian