Big trucks ever tryin to hang with a LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005 | 01:01 PM
FormerVendor

Default Big trucks ever tryin to hang with a LS1?

I dont know if its just me but lately the most ridiculous vehicles want to run. Ive had everyhting from big jacked up trucks to lowriders to v6's to escalades on dubs? I mean come on, do they really htink they can win or is it just a joke that im not getting? Last night a slammed Harley davidson truck tried to run me so i hit it and left him like 12 car lengths before i slowed down. Then he tries to do it from a stop so i let him make the move but at the intersection a car turns right and gets infront of me so i slow down and he passes me up and puts his hazard lights on like he just won a race. Does this ever happen to yall? I think im going to blame this on fast and furious..
Old 08-02-2005 | 01:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Not all trucks are slow
Old 08-02-2005 | 01:09 PM
Staging Lane

yes, it happens a lot with hemis... they seem to think they are fast
Old 08-02-2005 | 01:18 PM
FormerVendor

yea and not to mention i feel screwed both ways: If I do race them i feel like an idiot for waisting my time, If I dont race them i feel like an idiot for letting them win...
Old 08-02-2005 | 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GAME OVER
yea and not to mention i feel screwed both ways: If I do race them i feel like an idiot for waisting my time, If I dont race them i feel like an idiot for letting them win...

Got a silver dodge that wants to run for some scratch
Old 08-02-2005 | 02:00 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Not all truck are slow so don't get that mentality etc... Look around Parish and I know of a few others for the most part a the majority have an exhaust and bolt ons and are just playing and like to see you get on it in your car probably not trying to really beat you etc... So I would say use your best judgement I hope it is better than some of the others on the road. Remember you don't have to prove anything to them. Do you? Have fun be safe and I'll run you when you want for fun.
Old 08-02-2005 | 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i had some guy in a beat down sonoma that reved when he went by me while i was at a light then got on it. i just look at as wasting gas or a ticket waiting to happen and niether are to cheap
Old 08-02-2005 | 02:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by white man
i had some guy in a beat down sonoma that reved when he went by me while i was at a light then got on it. i just look at as wasting gas or a ticket waiting to happen and niether are to cheap

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Not all truck are slow so don't get that mentality etc...
yeah there's a couple of fast trucks around here that will surprise just about everyone. . . .

edit: btw if youre cruising the mean streets of Pasadena, watch out for this guy I guess this is the type of crap that you mean GAMEOVER; this guy tried to race me all the way down the Beltway. . . .
Old 08-02-2005 | 02:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #07
I know where that Acadaemy is! I think anyway, been a while since I lived in Pasadena. Is that at the corner of Beltway 8 and Spencer Hwy.?

Anywho, I had a DART bus try to race me before. Was kind of funny.
Old 08-02-2005 | 02:44 PM
Launching!

I dont know if its just me but lately the most ridiculous vehicles want to run. Ive had everyhting from big jacked up trucks to lowriders to v6's to escalades on dubs? I mean come on, do they really htink they can win or is it just a joke that im not getting? Last night a slammed Harley davidson truck tried to run me so i hit it and left him like 12 car lengths before i slowed down. Then he tries to do it from a stop so i let him make the move but at the intersection a car turns right and gets infront of me so i slow down and he passes me up and puts his hazard lights on like he just won a race. Does this ever happen to yall? I think im going to blame this on fast and furious..
what do you run in a 1/4? i take it as if you have smoked by a truck and you are pissed off
Old 08-02-2005 | 02:49 PM
TECH Resident

I have that happen all the time to me as well. I'm like u man I don't get it either!
I seem to attract rice burners that wanna run me all the time. Just the other day I had to embarass an eclipse with a cofee can exhaust
Old 08-02-2005 | 02:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SSCUSTOM6.0
what do you run in a 1/4? i take it as if you have smoked by a truck and you are pissed off
lol Dont take it the wrong way, i have all the love in the world for trucks but im talkin about Trucks that him and i both know the outcome once the light turns green. Im tlkain about big trucks with like 22's and what not. And the only trucks ive been smoked by are lightnings but i know there are alot of very fast trucks out there too, im tlaking about trucks that u would not expect to want to run..
Old 08-02-2005 | 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

i usually welcome the trucks. 90% of the time, i get minivans, cavaliers, and V6 mustangs that come flying up to me racing. and yes i said mini vans!! theres like 3 of them that stalk me or something. sometimes its funny, most of the time its annoying.
Old 08-02-2005 | 02:55 PM
LS7 Member

Everyone and their mom tries to race me. I think it has to do with the wing / tails / import factor...
Old 08-02-2005 | 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

never underestimate a truck you'll be surprised....
Old 08-02-2005 | 03:13 PM
TECH Addict

I think im going to blame this on fast and furious..
How in the hell does the fast and furious have anything to do with this. The only truck in that movie was a lightning and it was just for part runs. Now if all these trucks your talking about have fat cans and neon lights then I'd understand.
Old 08-02-2005 | 03:14 PM
Banned

Dont underestimate the caddy with a V badge either, that sleeper just might get you.

JET
Old 08-02-2005 | 03:24 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Zick
How in the hell does the fast and furious have anything to do with this. The only truck in that movie was a lightning and it was just for part runs. Now if all these trucks your talking about have fat cans and neon lights then I'd understand.
i was talkin about the hazard light thing like he won when theres a car infront of me..
Old 08-02-2005 | 03:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nothin can beat the short bus that revved at me one time, i laughed for about 10 minutes after that one.
Old 08-02-2005 | 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

They're probably just idiots that think their car is much more than it actually is.

[snob voice]How dare a truck rev at me... don't they know what I am driving?[/snob voice]

You drive a 6 year old Trans Am... get over yourself.