Texas Longhorn Fans!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no doubt on the ATM/UT game in november!!!!!! i can wait...good luck to both texas teams this year
Old 08-27-2005, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

<----- name says it all
Old 08-27-2005, 03:29 AM
LS7 Member

I can't wait for football to start back up. This year is going to be BIG. I've seen RT in action recently, and have high expectations for him this year.

TEXAS TEXAS!!
Old 08-27-2005, 08:08 AM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by H/C LS6Z
Oops I'm sorry I thought this was the joke of the day

Going into the horseshoe and thinking you're acutally going to win?........Yikes!

I think and hope the tea sippers will beat OU this year, **** if u can't beat em this year when will you beam em?

Don't count out those games aginst Tech and A&M, you overlook those two games and you can mark 2 more losses on your schedule. Especially coming into the Home of the 12th man with this year's 2005 Heisman Trophy winner leading the team (Reggie) Whooooop!

Gig Em and Saw em Off!!!
Why wouldn't Texas beat tOSU? I would rate the defenses about even and Texas has a MUCH better offense.

Tech should be a tough game. I think they're going to be a real good team this year, but they have to come to Austin. Why would atm scare Texas? The Horns have whipped they're asses like a red-headed step child FIVE years in a row! McNeal is 0-3 in his career against UT and pyle stadium seems like a home game to most visiting teams in recent years. McNeal win the Heisman? Lol, sure he will.

atm, home of the dead doggie scoreboard, ice cream boys, play toy soldiers, and the most delusional fans in all of football. Enjoy another routine 6-5 or 7-4 season aggy.

Pooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aggys!! whoop
Old 08-27-2005, 08:30 AM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by mmiller
Why wouldn't Texas beat tOSU? I would rate the defenses about even and Texas has a MUCH better offense.

Tech should be a tough game. I think they're going to be a real good team this year, but they have to come to Austin. Why would atm scare Texas? The Horns have whipped they're asses like a red-headed step child FIVE years in a row! McNeal is 0-3 in his career against UT and pyle stadium seems like a home game to most visiting teams in recent years. McNeal win the Heisman? Lol, sure he will.

atm, home of the dead doggie scoreboard, ice cream boys, play toy soldiers, and the most delusional fans in all of football. Enjoy another routine 6-5 or 7-4 season aggy.

Pooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aggys!! whoop
things do happen.......OU has a nice lil streak against tu, and A&M has actually beaten OU in the last 5 years, even considering the blowout, the next year the aggies actually gave OU a run for the there money and did something that texas dreamed of last year, scoring some points on OU and leading ou, sorry for that shut out last year.

but in the end, this is still the preseason. numbers games are like internet racing, wait til the designated games to get the blood boiling. all 3 teams have a very good outlook for this season, hopefully ALL of them finish well to solidify the Big 12 South as a conference to be messed with.

-jon
Gig em'
Old 08-27-2005, 08:46 AM
Texas Director

Why is it that all aggys have to live through OU's success against Texas, when a$m can't get the job done themselves? Thats so weak.

Y'all want to focus on the fact that OU has beaten the Horns five years in a row, and you gloat about it, yet Texas has routed a$m for five years in a row themselves, and that seems to go unacknowledged! If the aggys lose to Texas again this year its really going to end up being seven in a row because you have to come to Austin next year with no Reggie McNeal. No way the ags win in Austin.

I wonder how much longer the aggy brass will be tolerant of Franocchio. 4-8 the first year when a$m hadn't had a losing season in a long time, 77-0 when the team quit on Franny against OU, no bowl, losing to Baylor, a five-year losing streak to Texas, did I mention losing to freaking Baylor?? Being blown out in the Cotton Bowl to Tennessee, Tech continuing to own aggy, geting shut out in the 2005/2006 recruiting class for the state's top players....
Old 08-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Ginger Hater

you know we take the same pot shots every one of these threads.....
even though A&M has had 2 top 15 recruiting classes in the last 2 yrs.
& the Defense went from 115(2003) in the NCAA to 42(2004) in the NCAA
and even snagged the states #1 recruit last year in bennett. (unlike the QB that ditched tu and went to LSU)

Fran is one of the nations best college football coaches. And its not a matter of A&M kicking him to the curb, but him leaving, like he's done to TCU and Alabama.

....the only thing this thread is missing is pictures. and to let you know, im done whoring your thread.

/*****

-jon

good luck to all the teams in Texas.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

UT's problem is Mack Brown. His asshold clinches up when he plays OU. Instead of trying to win, he plays like a scared schoolgirl and tries not to lose.
For the past couple of years; I was scared that OU would lose due to UT having more physical talent, and once again I'm scared this year. What would really scare me, is if you let Brown do the recruiting, and get a real coach to coach the BIG games!!

Go Sooners!!!
Old 08-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Texas Director

the only thing this thread is missing is pictures
You're right, we do need some pictures.

Here are a few:
Attached Thumbnails Texas Longhorn Fans!-final_scoreboard_11-23-01.jpg  

Last edited by mmiller; 11-08-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by jawsk2
UT's problem is Mack Brown. His asshold clinches up when he plays OU. Instead of trying to win, he plays like a scared schoolgirl and tries not to lose.
For the past couple of years; I was scared that OU would lose due to UT having more physical talent, and once again I'm scared this year. What would really scare me, is if you let Brown do the recruiting, and get a real coach to coach the BIG games!!

Go Sooners!!!
Yes, Mack Brown has the final say in how things are run since he's the head coach. IMO the real problem is Greg Davis. Mack needs to can his ***, but since they're buddies he won't do it. As long as Texas is finishing in the top ten, has 10-win seasons, and going to major bowl games I don't see anything changing. I wish someone would hire GD away, but no one wants him. Gee, I wonder why?

Mack has previously beaten OU and Stoops in 1999. I wouldn't be so naive to think that Mack won't beat OU ever again. Heck even Darrell Royal had a five-game losing streak to OU. If there ever is a year to beat the Sooners its this year. Mack is a good coach. He's won a lot of big games at Texas. He does get a bad rap, and derservedly so for having the problems he's had with OU.

Hook'em!
Old 08-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Texas Director

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Had to add a few images of Franocchio since he slinked into gomerville:

Last edited by mmiller; 11-08-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:41 PM
Ginger Hater

at least you cared enough to throw the whole team in there.
here's some from my collection

Old 08-27-2005, 10:35 PM
Texas Director

Spazdout, where are the scoreboard pics of the UT vs atm games from the last five years?

(((crickets chirping)))
Old 08-27-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Junkie

blah blah blah

hate hate hate

For both our schools' sakes, I hope UT and A&M win out until T+1, so it actually matters on the national stage and isn't just another useless pissing match.

-Mike
Old 08-27-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Addict

Old 08-27-2005, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only reason I say the whorns stand a chance at beating OU this year is because OU has lost 9 out of 11 tacklers and half of their offensive line is gone…The only way to beat a team like OU is to make a lot of deep passes (remember USC vs. OU game from last year). OU’s secondary stinks! In other words, “Radio” (VY for you sips) had better learn to pass and fast….that means not throwing 14 interceptions like he did last season…

In regards to the Ohio state game…Ohio State has an incredible defense and some awesome WR’s…one of them is a Heisman candidate…UT has good WR’s but not as good as Ohio State (FACT)…UT won the Rosebowl and now as a result you have the bandwagon fans on TV and at Austin swinging from Radio’s nuts (expected reaction from a team that recruits as good as USC but can't win a Big12 championship in years or make it to a national championship game,I mean you have to be able to celebrate something in Austin right?) …people seem to forget that UT BARELY won that game against a lower ranked Michigan…THIS IS NOT THE ROSEBOWL WHORNS…this will be a game at Ohio State where VY and his cronies (minus Derrick Johnson and Benson) will be playing surrounded by ~100,000 mad and screaming Ohio State fans…good luck is all I have to say

Finally, concerning should UT fear TAMU this year even though the last few years UT has dominated the aggies…a few reasons why UT would be foolish to count Kyle Field as a victory this year pre-season:
1. This year we have one of the best defensive lines in the Big12, good LB, DEEP WR's, better O-line, Courtney Lewis is not injured
2. Reggie as an experienced Senior (even if he has a season more than Young it would take more than a season for VY to catch up with his stats)
3. Playing at Kyle does make a difference…ask Stoops
4. Selvin Young is no way a Benson or Ricky Williams...too small and not a hard hitter

I would say it is a little too early to be buying Big12 championship tickets regardless of what school you root for…

Last edited by PhatT/A; 08-28-2005 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:17 AM
On The Tree

Spazdout, where are the scoreboard pics of the UT vs atm games from the last five years?

(((crickets chirping)))
Since you keep scoreboards around, maybe you can help me remember the score from way back in 2000 against OU?
Old 08-28-2005, 03:58 AM
On The Tree

Why is it that all aggys have to live through OU's success against Texas, when a$m can't get the job done themselves? Thats so weak.

Y'all want to focus on the fact that OU has beaten the Horns five years in a row, and you gloat about it, yet Texas has routed a$m for five years in a row themselves, and that seems to go unacknowledged! If the aggys lose to Texas again this year its really going to end up being seven in a row because you have to come to Austin next year with no Reggie McNeal. No way the ags win in Austin.

I wonder how much longer the aggy brass will be tolerant of Franocchio. 4-8 the first year when a$m hadn't had a losing season in a long time, 77-0 when the team quit on Franny against OU, no bowl, losing to Baylor, a five-year losing streak to Texas, did I mention losing to freaking Baylor?? Being blown out in the Cotton Bowl to Tennessee, Tech continuing to own aggy, geting shut out in the 2005/2006 recruiting class for the state's top players....
brag now,because thes 2 teams go in cycles,i remember when we owned texas in the 90's and 80's,5 victories don't mean squat,the fact is being a fan means supporting your team win or lose,i have seen so many NEW texas fans just because of the succes in the last five years,lets see how many there are after a losing season,and i'm gonna redo this thread in november win or lose,and you talk about the losses a&m had,beat oklahoma and then talk to me,texas gets scared when they see that OU banner and forget to score any points,a&M has beaton oklahoma in the last 5 years can you say that NO,this a&M team are still young players and you might be eating crow in november,i started out wishing luck to any texas team not jusy a&M but the loud mouth bandwaggoners had to make me change my tone,GIG E'M AGGIES
Old 08-28-2005, 08:41 AM
Texas Director

OK, lets agree to disagree aggy. We'll periodically pull this thread back up during the year, win or lose. I think aggy has totally unrealistic expectations this year and will finish no better than 7-4 with sure losses to Tech, OU, and their Daddy, and one or two more losses coming from the Clemson, CU, KSU, or ISU games. aggy also thinks that Texas will lose to tOSU, OU and a$m. We'll see....

Hook'em!!
Old 08-28-2005, 09:38 AM
Ginger Hater

OK, lets agree to disagree aggy. We'll periodically pull this thread back up during the year, win or lose. I think aggy has totally unrealistic expectations this year and will finish no better than 7-4 with sure losses to Tech, OU, and their Daddy, and one or two more losses coming from the Clemson, CU, KSU, or ISU games. aggy also thinks that Texas will lose to tOSU, OU and a$m. We'll see....

Hook'em!!
Agreeing to disagree.....A&M has a tough road schedule, but to say we are unrealistic, thats unrealistic. The teams you have compiled a/b extra games we might lose; ISU is a joke, Clemson, KSU and CU would be the only contenders in that group to hand us a lose, Clemsons quarter back needs to get his focus back in order to be a threat, he was a contender for the heisman at the beginning of last season. He needs to get his senior year in order. From what i've read Clemsons team from this year is better in some areas but worse in the areas we took advantage of last year. Close Game. KSU not even gonna worry a/b them, BUT they did almost hand you a lose last year. CU will be a good game, i love watching games @ CU, Cu is just one of those teams. Close Game as well.

To the Other three. Tech, OU, & Texas. Tech will be an interesting game in lubbuck, more tortillas will be thrown. Tech is consistently becoming a better program year in and year out. This season will be a good one for them, since coming off a win against Cal, they are pumped a/b this season. They know they can go higher than 21. Im not even calling this one, it will be a good game. OU will probably be a lose. Unless the OU team totally implodes this season. doubtfull. And on to Texas.....This whole town is waiting for tu to come to town. And this whole town thinks we have a shot, even I do. It will be a quality game to watch, not a blow out.

Texas losing to OSU, OU & A&M. The OSU game will be a great game. Alot of people think OSU will beat out tu, some think tu will beat out OSU. regardless we will have to wait and see. both teams are very evenly matched. OU has beaten texas the last 5 years, yes they are ranked considerably lower, but tu always doesn't show up for these games, there defense showed up last year and held OU to 12 pts. And you call us dilutional. Every year we hear the same hype a/b tu beating OU and every year we get disapointed. For GODS SAKE just go out there and beat them already. and i've already said a/b the texas/a&m game......alot of tu fans think there team is God, but its not, they can and will fall. Just don't underestimate us when t+1 happens.