College football this weekend: Go Horns! Go Baylor!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Ginger Hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmiller
There is no way in hell the BCS would take a one-loss, SEC champion Tennessee team over an undefeated, Big 12 champion Texas team. No way!
There for some reason is a huge bias in college football towards the big12. after ou's floundering last year against USC, no one really takes the Big12 seriously. In the USA poll, #3 has a vote for #1 position. even though #2 texas has a serious advantage over #3.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Texas Director

I could see the possibly of taking an undefeated SEC team over an undefeated Texas, but sending a one-loss SEC team over an undefeated Texas just isn't going to happen.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm pretty sure we'll win this weekend against Baylor. Yea i'm sure Baylor's been practicing all summer and all for this one game. ... Like the aggies haven't been as well? That game was the biggest embarrasment to us last year ... a team that was holding OU for 3/4's of the game .... lost to baylor. Payback is a bitch, and I'm sure we'll step up for this game.

If not, I'm sellin my sports pass for $5
Old 09-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Launching!

Man am I the only one from Tech on here lol Good luck to all the TX teams.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Resident

I cant wait to sit on my couch and watch football all day!! Texas has got it in the bag. And as for A&M I hope they can pull it out. I'll be rooting for them too.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:57 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

With the Tech game coming up on 11/5 in Lubbock I've $500 on Tech minus the point spread against aggy to anyone who wants some of that action. Tech will absolutely mop up on a$m in that game and can name the score.
No truer words were ever spoken! Wreck 'Em Tech!
Old 09-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Not A V8
No truer words were ever spoken! Wreck 'Em Tech!
I guess I'm not the only one and yes I can't wait to beat the Ags, after a year of waiting......can't wait to shut some of my friends up . Wreck 'Em
Old 09-28-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by badboyracingws6
I guess I'm not the only one and yes I can't wait to beat the Ags, after a year of waiting......can't wait to shut some of my friends up . Wreck 'Em
I'm comin out there for the a&m/tech game ... you guys will probably have that game ... i'll give ya that. still gonna be a good time
Old 09-29-2005, 12:28 AM
Launching!

Yeah I have a friend that goes to A&M he said he's prolly coming, do you havee tickets yet they're sold out from what I heard. My roomate bought 5 for his family and they weren't able to make it though, and if you don't have a place to stay I think all the hotels are taken. LOL
Old 09-29-2005, 02:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

The spread is currently 22.5 in A&M's favor...

Baylor almost lost to SMU...we hung what? 60 points on SMU? We played one of our worst games ever and still won by 13...with ZERO defense. Baylor is not going to win on Saturday

I don't see why people continue to claim that ITTech will mop the floor with A&M this year...that has to be the most misinformed statement of the year! Yes, the raiders have a good offense...but so do we. Yes, our defense looks weak this year...but so does Tech's. However the score works out for the A&M/Tech game, it will be a close one

Last edited by PhatT/A; 09-29-2005 at 02:39 AM.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:19 AM
Texas Director

Lol, Tech absolutely OWNS a$m and WILL destroy them in Lubbock. a$m has the 110th rated pass defense in the NCAA and Tech will expose this aggy team as the fraud that they are. If Texas State can put up ridiculous offensive numbers on atm's defense, what do you think Tech is going to do? If anyone wants any action on that game minus the points lemme know. Baylor will score on aggy, but the ags should still pull out the win. I think.

Then after that game its going to be fun to watch the wheels come off of this aggy team and hear the excuses mount. "Wait till next year, we didn't lose, we just ran out of time, we've never lost a halftime, Fran has recruited top-ten classes, even though we lost we have more class than so and so U, we came close and can claim a moral victory, the field was too wet, its not fair that we have to go to Lubbock, etc., etc., etc.....

Last edited by mmiller; 09-29-2005 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lol, Tech absolutely OWNS a$m and WILL destroy them in Lubbock. a$m has the 110th rated pass defense in the NCAA and Tech will expose this aggy team as the fraud that they are. If Texas State can put up ridiculous offensive numbers on atm's defense, what do you think Tech is going to do? If anyone wants any action on that game minus the points lemme know. Baylor will score on aggy, but the ags should still pull out the win. I think.

Then after that game its going to be fun to watch the wheels come off of this aggy team and hear the excuses mount. "Wait till next year, we didn't lose, we just ran out of time, we've never lost a halftime, Fran has recruited top-ten classes, even though we lost we have more class than so and so U, we came close and can claim a moral victory, the field was too wet, its not fair that we have to go to Lubbock, etc., etc., etc.....
Stats really don't mean **** in the Big 12. TCU beat OU (OU being the better team), SMU beat TCU, and we beat the living **** out of SMU.
...Last year, we were supposed to dominate baylor. I think one of the announcers on the game said before the game had begun that it was going to be a one sided game to A&M. And we all know what happened.

Any given team can win on any given field on any given day.

Not saying that we're going to win in Lubbock, but only time will tell if we will get "destroyed". But even if we do, atleast I can sleep easy at night knowing I don't wear burnt orange
Old 09-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PhatT/A
The spread is currently 22.5 in A&M's favor...

Baylor almost lost to SMU...we hung what? 60 points on SMU? We played one of our worst games ever and still won by 13...with ZERO defense. Baylor is not going to win on Saturday

I don't see why people continue to claim that ITTech will mop the floor with A&M this year...that has to be the most misinformed statement of the year! Yes, the raiders have a good offense...but so do we. Yes, our defense looks weak this year...but so does Tech's. However the score works out for the A&M/Tech game, it will be a close one

I'm not saying we will mop the floor with you guys but by you calling us ITTech, it will make it that much more enjoyable if it does happen. I'm tired of people saying ahh you couldn't get into A&M or UT, fact is some of us like Tech better. I got into UT an Tech, I don't really like A&M so I didn't apply (and thier lack of a law school). Back on topic. Either way I think our only loss will be to UT unless we can score one TD for every TD that Vince puts up (he killed us last year.) And yeah I know that everyone thinks we are overated, but I think it's ok because we beat Cal last year and they were above us when the season started as was A&M. Oh yeah I'd put money on the game too, should be a good one either way.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I have a friend that goes to A&M he said he's prolly coming, do you havee tickets yet they're sold out from what I heard. My roomate bought 5 for his family and they weren't able to make it though, and if you don't have a place to stay I think all the hotels are taken. LOL
Nah i already got tickets. My parents have like 3 hotel rooms reserved, or I'll just stay w/ my sister at her apartment depending on how many people I bring w/ me.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FstBlkz28
Nah i already got tickets. My parents have like 3 hotel rooms reserved, or I'll just stay w/ my sister at her apartment depending on how many people I bring w/ me.

Good to hear that you're all set, have a good time when you're up here .
Old 09-29-2005, 12:06 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Anyone else that wants some "action" on the TTU vs aTm game, let me know. I'll throw out the same deal as mmiller. My bet is we beat the Aggies by a solid 35 points! And next year, I'll be here with the same prediction when we are at Kyle Field!
Old 09-29-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good to hear that you're all set, have a good time when you're up here .
Thanks, I've only been up to lubbock one other time when I was moving my sis in last year. This will be the first time I REALLY get to experience it
Old 09-29-2005, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FstBlkz28
Thanks, I've only been up to lubbock one other time when I was moving my sis in last year. This will be the first time I REALLY get to experience it

Not much to do unless you like which I'm sure you do lol. We've been tlaking about having a party that weekend but I'm not sure yet.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Not A V8
Anyone else that wants some "action" on the TTU vs aTm game, let me know. I'll throw out the same deal as mmiller. My bet is we beat the Aggies by a solid 35 points! And next year, I'll be here with the same prediction when we are at Kyle Field!

if you really want to extend a 35 point line you should head to Vegas and tease the game X amount of points (whatever it takes to reach 35 from the original starting line) they will give you a huge odds-spike, of course a 35 point line against the Aggies won't even be achieved by UT, and most certainly won't be covered, but different strokes for different folks.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:54 PM
Banned

I'm as big of a Texas (as a whole) football fan as it gets, but to be all over Tech right now is pushing it, they have played absolutely NOBODY

The last time they met it was a hell of a battle, and the aggies won the damn thing, Tech hasn't re-tooled that much, and the aggies haven't disintegrated to that extent either, I see another close one in the works.

The Big 12 looks really weak this year, but there is no way that even a system as screwy as the BCS is going to let a team start the season at No. 2, run the table, and not play for the Champ., if UT wins out, they're in the Rose Bowl.

Same reason OU was favored over Auburn to play for the National Championship last year.