College football this weekend: Go Horns! Go Baylor!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005 | 09:07 AM
Texas Director

Thumbs down College football this weekend: Go Horns! Go Baylor!

Big game for Texas on the road against Mizzou this weekend. This is one of those scary games, with OU coming up next weekend. Gotta keep it rollin Horns!

Can Baylor make it two wins in a row over the defenseless Wretched Crew? Here's to hoping the Bears can add to their winning streak against aggy. This could be a 51 -50 type of game.
Old 09-28-2005 | 09:43 AM
Launching!

Man I hope baylor dosen't beat us, but with the way weve been playing... Dunno about the Texas Mizzou game, but I don't think you'll have to worry too much about OU. We were talkin at work the other day about how Texas should be able to stomp them.
Old 09-28-2005 | 10:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Exactly what Matt said.... we gotta stay focused and not look to far ahead! We will take them out... but im sure it wont be a big break away in points until the second half.

now baylor... looking tough again for them aggies! lol
Old 09-28-2005 | 10:35 AM
On The Tree

nah hopefully the Ag's will get their act together...Gig'em!
Old 09-28-2005 | 10:42 AM
TECH Junkie

I hope the Aggies get their act together. If OU is having as bad a year as it looks, and it A&M is also having a down year, it will hurt UT's title chances. Sure, they might win the Big 12, but if the Big 12 looks bad overall, the pollsters might drop them enough and let someone else sneak into the Rose Bowl.

Let's not forget, Cal was SUPPOSED to go to the Rose Bowl last year, and UT leapfrogged them because of a weak conference schedule. I know UT took a big chance playing OSU, but it was so early in the season, and the people in charge of the polls have short memories...and their own agendas.

-Mike
Old 09-28-2005 | 10:46 AM
Ginger Hater

Yea, looking at the 2nd half of the SMU game the defense looked descent not wrecking crew material; aswell the Clemson game was alright for the defense just kept them to field goals, except for the runback for a TD. But playing against TxState, I've heard it was like we borrowed players from area HS's to play for us. it was pitifull.

The team really wants to put the hurt on Baylor, b/c of the game last year.
and baylor might have there team together this year after the 2 yr turn around, but who knows they played some pretty average teams for their ranks(SMU, Samford, Army) but they are in the Big 12 south so conference play will be tough for them. but who knows...

Gig Em' Ags

-jon
Old 09-28-2005 | 11:18 AM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
I hope the Aggies get their act together. If OU is having as bad a year as it looks, and it A&M is also having a down year, it will hurt UT's title chances. Sure, they might win the Big 12, but if the Big 12 looks bad overall, the pollsters might drop them enough and let someone else sneak into the Rose Bowl.

Let's not forget, Cal was SUPPOSED to go to the Rose Bowl last year, and UT leapfrogged them because of a weak conference schedule. I know UT took a big chance playing OSU, but it was so early in the season, and the people in charge of the polls have short memories...and their own agendas.

-Mike
The strength of schedule is no longer a part of the BCS formula. so OU and atm sucking won't affect UT's chances to be in the Rose Bowl. If Texas goes undefeated they'll be in the Rose Bowl regardless of how the other Big 12 teams fare this year.
Old 09-28-2005 | 11:59 AM
8 Sec Tuner

The NCAA needs to dump the BCS and adopt a playoff system like the NFL. Take the top 8 or 16 teams let the other 14 teams play in bowl games.

Problem is the sponsors of the bowl games paid big money to be sponsors, and would be a little upset if their games just got dropped.
Old 09-28-2005 | 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

I can't say anything for last year's game against Baylor, I'm just completely speechless still, but hopefully we can pull it out with out too many problems. Fran has vowed to run up the score, and I quote from the 12th man on campus magazine:"we have some unfinished business". I just hope he backs it up.
Old 09-28-2005 | 12:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mmiller
The strength of schedule is no longer a part of the BCS formula. so OU and atm sucking won't affect UT's chances to be in the Rose Bowl. If Texas goes undefeated they'll be in the Rose Bowl regardless of how the other Big 12 teams fare this year.
It might not factor into the computer polls, but the coaches will still take Tennessee over Texas if they feel winning the SEC is a bigger accomplishment than winning the Big 12.

-Mike
Old 09-28-2005 | 12:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Tennessee won't beat Florida.
Old 09-28-2005 | 01:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Tennesse has a long way to go... but there is alot of overrated teams out right now... only time will tell
Old 09-28-2005 | 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Thats alright! The Aggies will be ok. The secodary has to step up but if and when they do they will be a force to reckon with. And to all those TU fans who trash them thats ok. The season is so long. A lot of conference play left. That is what makes College Football great any one can upset anybody; rank means nothing. Soon the Longhorns are going to lose and it will be our turn to point and laugh.

Last edited by The Golden One; 09-28-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-28-2005 | 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by The Golden One
Thats alright! The Aggies will be ok. The secodary has to step up but if and when they do they will be a force to reckon with. And to all those TU fans who trash them thats ok. The season is so long. A lot of conference play left. Soon the Longhorns are going to lose and it will be our turn to point and laugh.
not going to be fun to point and laugh if you lose to Gaylor
Old 09-28-2005 | 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
Who said there going to lose. Let the players settle it. Gig'em Whoop!!!
Old 09-28-2005 | 01:40 PM
Launching!

True, I hope to hell the aggies win, and run the score up. Im nervous tho because baylor probably practiced all year for this one game, and they had an off week, combined with our lackluster performance against texas state. Oh well, we shall see. GIG EM!
Old 09-28-2005 | 01:42 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=resurrectedz28]True, I hope to hell the aggies win, and run the score up. Im nervous tho because baylor probably practiced all year for this one game, and they had an off week, combined with our lackluster performance against texas state. Oh well, we shall see. GIG EM![/QUOTE
I'm with you. They must step up. But while they are practicing they played last years loss over the loud speakers and I think they are just as motivated!!
Old 09-28-2005 | 02:09 PM
TECH Junkie

GO HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need these next 2 games to be wins especially right here at the start of the season!!
Old 09-28-2005 | 02:36 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
It might not factor into the computer polls, but the coaches will still take Tennessee over Texas if they feel winning the SEC is a bigger accomplishment than winning the Big 12.
-Mike
There is no way in hell the BCS would take a one-loss, SEC champion Tennessee team over an undefeated, Big 12 champion Texas team. No way!

As for all of you aggy lovers, you better hope you beat Baylor because with the meat of your schedule coming up the ags will be damn lucky to finish just 7-4. Realistically they will probably end up either 5-6 or at best 6-5.

With the Tech game coming up on 11/5 in Lubbock I've $500 on Tech minus the point spread against aggy to anyone who wants some of that action. Tech will absolutely mop up on a$m in that game and can name the score.
Old 09-28-2005 | 03:16 PM
Ginger Hater

Tennesse has a long way to go... but there is alot of overrated teams out right now... only time will tell

There ARE alot of over rated teams right now, and thats why there is alot of speculation in the polls. Notre Dame beating michigan jumped them up to a top 10 team and this week Michigan bows out of the top 25 in a long time. and notre dame drops due to a loss to michigan state.

Its been a wierd year, and its just gonna get wierder. LSU has played 1 game and hasn't moved in the top 25. as well as everything else......

let a month go by and it should be a little more interesting.

-jon