Run w/ a Mustang GT on I-45 ... Obnioxous

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 12:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Run w/ a Mustang GT on I-45 ... Obnioxous

First of all, I finally picked up my car earlier today at MTI after the H/C, pulley, TB, clutch . So i was on the way down to galveston cruisin with my T-tops off around 5:00pm ish in front of Baybrook mall and see a nice looking mustang ahead of me. So i pull up by him and nod and smile; couldnt see him becuase of the dark tint. It was a silver 99-04 body style mustang GT, 02 gt hood w/ scoop, lowered, wide rear tires, removed spoiler, guages on the pillar, etc; very clean good looking car. He reved, (nice exhaust, sounded like it was supercharged, but i couldnt be sure...i heard something...wasnt very loud though) lined up with me twice and tried to race, and i didnt go for it (breaking in the clutch, stop and go for ~500 mi.). Took alot out of me to restrain myself from running with the new set up . Then he lines up with me AGAIN and guns it, gets like 10 cars ahead of me, and turns on the hazards then the reverse lights started blinking on and off like crazy...looked like a ****** carnival. Then rolls down the window and gives me the , stuck both his hands out the window and clapped, i was thinkin "what a dick". I pull up next to him and its some red haired dude in his 30's, and i tried to tell him about the clutch break in, and then he mumbled something back that i couldnt make out ( I was kinda **** the guy was so full of himself to give me an obnioxous thumbs down/clap, and blinking light show... and i didnt even race him). The guy just rolls up his window and takes the exit after NASA Rd 1, the one by Academy.

Im a car fan in general, bais towards f-bodies of course , but i have respect for all performance vehicles nonetheless. This guy's behavior was absured and immature.... coming from someone roughly 10 years younger. Hopefully ill be able to afford a built motor TT C6 vette when im his age . Most mustang guys ive met are really cool and nice to talk to... unfortunately i ran into a bad apple.

If anyone knows this guy tell him he has sweet ride, and he needs to work on his people skills. I would love to race him sometime next week, just to see how fast his car really is.

Sorry for the vent, but the nerve of some people...

-Steve
Old 10-01-2005, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

*** em. You cant change the world. If you see him again just put your hand up to your ear like you cant hear his car.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

Be on the lookout and Im sure you will run into him again.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:34 AM
TECH Regular

thanks guys. Even though it was kinda "rice" i found myself laughing and smiling at the Blinking lights all over the back of his car (youd have to see it to believe it, funny as hell)...wonder if thats some kinda program or something lol but it was great. Not that id use it much, but id love to have that **** on my car just to make people laugh...
Old 10-01-2005, 12:39 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

I saw your WS6 up there at MTI a few days ago, nice car man!

I wish that I was there to shut this ***** up. And don't worry, like stock98z said you'll probably run into him again.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:42 AM
TECH Regular

wow trust me coming from and f-body and a mustang owner, not all of us mustang guys are dicks. ill race someone if they want to race but if they dont im not gonna pretend like i did and go home and tell my mommy i beat something i didnt like this guy.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:55 AM
TECH Resident

I would have said to hell with breaking in the clutch, this dudes getting his *** whipped.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:56 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by Lordsauran
wow trust me coming from and f-body and a mustang owner, not all of us mustang guys are dicks. ill race someone if they want to race but if they dont im not gonna pretend like i did and go home and tell my mommy i beat something i didnt like this guy.
Yes, most Stang guys that I know do not act like this, more so guys of an older age.

****** can be found in every car group out there.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Launching!

Default Mustang Gt

Looks like he was just hatin what a d--- ! got to admire your self control.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:38 PM
TECH Regular

What a *****. There is no way I would of been able to not run him, lol.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:56 PM
11 Second Club

What a *****. I don't think i would have contained my self .....I would have raced him after that **** ..
Old 10-01-2005, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You have more self control then I do. I would have thrown the clutch break in to the wind and let him know whos running ****.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jerry306
What a *****. I don't think i would have contained my self .....I would have raced him after that **** ..
That guys style sounds like Elroys..."blinking light show"