Perfect example why Aggie jokes are made (and loved) by so many!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 07:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Perfect example why Aggie jokes are made (and loved) by so many!!

'nuff said:

forgive me if it's a repost, but i haven't had much time lately to visit the site, work has been slammin in recent days....
Old 10-05-2005, 08:06 AM
Texas Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol, that pic is priceless!
Old 10-05-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

OMG! Thats so True.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Now that's funny.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
'nuff said:

forgive me if it's a repost, but i haven't had much time lately to visit the site, work has been slammin in recent days....
Man you do not understand!!!! If the plywood was outside it would be damaged by the water!!!!

HA HA HA HA!!!!
Old 10-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Not sure what's funnier, the fact that it's on the inside or the fact that the wind here reached....maybe 40 mph gusts....And we got NO rain.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Banned

I sent that picture to a couple of Aggies here at work and this is the response I got:

I don’t see anything wrong with the picture. Most uneducated people think the purpose of the plywood is to protect the glass. Actually, it’s to reduce loss of $$ due to damage. So, let’s analyze this.

Plywood on the outside of the window:

It’s rainy and windy. The plywood gets wet. Assuming something hits the plywood (small chance), the window will probably (good probability, but definitely not 100%) be protected and all furnishings inside the dwelling may indeed be protected from wind and maybe rain. The plywood IS wet and therefore compromised.

Plywood on the inside of the window:

It’s rainy and windy. The plywood only gets wet IF the window gets broken. The windows MAY get damaged by flying debris. Actually, the probability is pretty small. The furnishings inside the dwelling are just as protected as before (if the window is broken). But in this scenario, the plywood in only compromised if the window breaks and the wood gets wet.

I think after this analysis, it is clear that this is actually the preferred method of installation. Further to my point, apply this to a two story house. Safety definitely comes to play. I have yet another point. If you use this method, you only apply when the winds actually pick up. Outside of the dwelling, you must apply before the winds pick up or there is yet another safety risk. It’s not fun handling plywood in the wind!!!

Old 10-05-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

guess all of those florida people dont know how to do it do they?

aggies + engineering = failure.

its true, hell they cant even build a bondfire right......
Old 10-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Banned

repost.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Ginger Hater

i think i might have to go by and get a reason as to why they put the ply wood on the inside of the glass.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Staging Lane

Talking

Originally Posted by Brandon
guess all of those florida people dont know how to do it do they?

Whats a bondfire? Is that when you agther up a bunch of spies and set em on fire?

Sorry man, but we are picking on people here and, well, I had the shot, so I took it!
Old 10-05-2005, 03:46 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

People do talk alot of crap about aggies but from all the professional opinions i've gotten about engineering grads (my internship as well as the ones i applied for) aggies come out of school with the best education (on average) and know what they're doing. Almost a direct quote from my boss this past summer (not an aggie grad). I think aggies tend to be a little extreme in their traditions but the networking that you get from going to A&M is well worth it.

William

former CSU RAM and current A&M AGGIE
Old 10-05-2005, 03:50 PM
12 Second Club

that picture has been passed around. Like others have said, its really not that bad just funny. Maybe there wasnt a good outside surface to screw into. And someone said its probably not even aggies that did it, just some people who work at a store. Not sure though but hey it was funny
Old 10-05-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

I'm sure you're an awesome engineer and you know everything about it so that gives you the right to dog on us. As far as the bonfire, I didn't know it was funny to make jokes about it when people died, just let me know when it is. And as far as the engineering school goes, we're ranked 3rd in two fields and 14th overall, in the nation. How did your school rank? So just go build your own bonfire and let me know how it turns out before you make fun of ours again.

For the rest of you, I can't say anything about the original post, I laughed pretty hard too because well, putting the wood on the inside is straight dumb.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a die-hard Longhorn, but if I see this picture one more time, I'm going to kill myself.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TexZ
I'm sure you're an awesome engineer and you know everything about it so that gives you the right to dog on us. As far as the bonfire, I didn't know it was funny to make jokes about it when people died, just let me know when it is. And as far as the engineering school goes, we're ranked 3rd in two fields and 14th overall, in the nation. How did your school rank? So just go build your own bonfire and let me know how it turns out before you make fun of ours again.

For the rest of you, I can't say anything about the original post, I laughed pretty hard too because well, putting the wood on the inside is straight dumb.

Hey man, calm down. I don't think it's funny to make jokes either, but people deal with tragedies with laughter, so lighten up!
Old 10-05-2005, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

hell they cant even build a bondfire right......
hell Brandon can't even spell BONFIRE right...
Old 10-05-2005, 09:51 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by TexZ

You got to the response before I could, and yeah the picture is very funny especially for me because I work at a book store in College Station and we did something dumber than that......we stayed open.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:56 PM
Launching!

how about the window frames are made of what looks like metal/aluminum, and the building is made of bricks. they wouldn't be able to nail it to the outside if they wanted to.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

hey at least the aggies have a good football team......... oh wait........ nevermind