gettin tired of it

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gettin tired of it

man i love fbodies and everything, and most of my friends drive them, but geez can the drivers be real dicks. 3 nights ago i was on 1960 at around 8 or 9 and i was just cruisin driving like normal(i speed alot so that is normal for me) and i pass a Z28 and all of a sudden he jsut floors it and gets ahead of me. we get at a stop light and i dont even look at him because i have no desire to race or anything and what do you know the light turns green and bam he launches like hes racin a sports car or something. this happens all the time makes me just feel like an idiot when it does. its gotten to the point where whenever i see an fbody around me i start drivin like a granny. just had to rant about it a little bit.

F.Y.I. i drive a beat up 92 buick park avenue
Old 10-18-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ha, i do the same. most the time
Old 10-18-2005, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

So what? Let them launch like a bat out of hell. You already know you don't have to do the same. Its been done to me also, but I just smile. No biggie.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

My friend owns a 99 mustang GT and he never wants to race, but everyone trys to get him to race. My other friend who drives a 66' mustang also gets alot of people trying to race him. Most of these aggressors were FBodys, vettes, etc. So my friend came to the conclusion that "all GM owners have something to prove, while Ford guys are just happy with what they got"

I just thought that was hilarious
Old 10-18-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

i get a lot of people that try and race me, especially for some reason when i'm over near fort worth with my gf/kids(which PISSES me off to no end, when my kids are in the car and ******** try and race me, and act a fool). my car isn't super fast, its full bolt on, but even if i had a D1SC kit on it i wouldn't be one to go around racing every ******** on the road.

just have to laugh about it and go about your merry way sometimes.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:58 PM
Launching!

Someone is always trying to prove something.
I was doing 70 down the beltway a few weeks ago when some girl in a 05 V6 mustang came flying up behind me and then got in the lane next to me and slowed down.. then she "tried" to take off next me...I said to myself is she kidding...I'm not even going to waste my time. I dont know what she was trying to prove I guess she doesn't know the difference between a V6 & V8.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

is it really that big a deal? who cares?..................and if you think its only f-bodies, you got another thing comin..everything that has an intake, whether its a truck or a ford probe will attempt to race anything!
Old 10-18-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had country bumpkins in mini vans try to race me. Just a bunch of idiots who are stupid and floor it for no reason or people who want to see how fast my car is. I just ignore retards because it's not worth my time.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Launching!

People just do things to see if u will react.. Ex: If u drive a sports car u may have a mini van come up next to u and rev at u... all they are trying to do is get a reaction from u. My point is that... its NOT just people in F-bodies that do this.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SspeedChic
Someone is always trying to prove something.
I was doing 70 down the beltway a few weeks ago when some girl in a 05 V6 mustang came flying up behind me and then got in the lane next to me and slowed down.. then she "tried" to take off next me...I said to myself is she kidding...I'm not even going to waste my time. I dont know what she was trying to prove I guess she doesn't know the difference between a V6 & V8.
Very good Tammy, I couldn't stand it if someone did that to me...I would downshift and let that biatch see my rear end

Sorry guys, I'm one of those who tries to race everyone
Old 10-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wickedrx7
Very good Tammy, I couldn't stand it if someone did that to me...I would downshift and let that biatch see my rear end

What can I say... I'm a good girl!

Old 10-18-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i let my temper get to me the other day. some punk in an RSX cut me off then hit the gas when i pulled up beside him. i was gunna race but he saw the cop before i did, so we never went. he slowed down so i got pulled over. only got a warning and he told me simmer down, i wanted to rip the kids head off. good reason not to run those morons.

side note i saw that white SS everone is asking about while i was pulled over, nice car!
Old 10-18-2005, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wickedrx7

I am guilty as well... I love to have a little fun on the road. And I love to teach people about things, like "Don't mess with my camaro because she'll f*** you up" And a lot of times, it's the 4 bangers and v-6's that need to be taught. Hey, somebody's gotta do it.

I will not race in traffic though, and this seems to be where the ricer cars pop up and want to race... It's not worth my life or anyone else's to prove my point.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know what you mean Last friday night this guy and his girlfriend in a Ugly dark colored riced out 240sx pulled besides me at 1960 and veterans at the light. he reveed his 4 banger and attempted to launch. Took him about 5min to reach 60mph. i caught him at the next light and him and his girlfriend started to laugh. I kept my cool then looked up and down at his car and i started to laugh. they looked like confused puppies.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Launching!

I get people in like Chevett's, Geo metro's, and old beat up trucks trying to race all the time on 1960 and there will be cars directly in front of us. I just look at them like umm...what do you want to race to the bumper of the car in front of us? They keep on doing it over and over and then they get made because I don't do anything. One guy started talking **** to me saying he was going to kick my *** because I gave him a look like he was a retard.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by monicaz28
I am guilty as well... I love to have a little fun on the road. And I love to teach people about things, like "Don't mess with my camaro because she'll f*** you up" And a lot of times, it's the 4 bangers and v-6's that need to be taught. Hey, somebody's gotta do it.

I will not race in traffic though, and this seems to be where the ricer cars pop up and want to race... It's not worth my life or anyone else's to prove my point.

I agree with ya on that... I have proven points with girls in their V6's

I can't say I am innocent!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

Why is a Z trying to race a Buck park Ave?
Old 10-18-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

We have all been there with people like this, but keep in mind that some people are just playing around and are not seriously trying to race. When I ran my SS with the Borla open, I would have a lot of guys rev their cars at me, and then compliment me on the way my car sounded or tell me they just wanted to hear it at wide open.

On the other hand, I was in my '94 Vette and a guy in an older legend kept trying to get me to race. I finally stopped and asked if he really thought an old Legend could keep up with a Vette, and he said he could smoke me. REALLY ?? Well, needless to say, I couldn't just ignore that, and he got a nice view of the back end of a C4 several car lengths ahead of him.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

it's all cuz of that gawd awful rice-racer movie..... and inferiority complexes haha. My favorite is the cockfag who nails it only to slam on the brakes as the constable drives by. I only race people who smile at me
Old 10-18-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I feel you on that. It's really frustrating sometimes because everyone is trying to be the ultra-hardass, when maybe i'm just trying to say "nice car" or some ****. Some Vette owners i've run into have been real ******. I saw this one guy (30's-40's) with an SOM c6 and (at work) I really enthusiastically said something like "That's a nice car, man", hoping to strike up a convo. He just ******* walked right by me.