College Station people....got a question!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spazdout
thats what all the threads are on this site....just greatness. but we know where to leave the drama.

i originally posted about this quote but i just misread it. woohaa for me

:rofl: at worrying about drama at an event. all i wanted to do was point out that chad was a dick and hopefully send a little of that same bullshit his way (not physical harm, just annoyance). i have no intentions of showing up at the autocross with my posse . i will be at an autocross, and soon, but just to autocross. sure chad could be even more of a dick and try or actually not let me take part in that but i seriously doubt he would.

just because i have said the truth doesn't mean i'm some hate filled person out to get chad. i am neither hunting him nor his car down. somebody mentioned it before, but messing with a person's car is about as low as you can go and that is something i would not do and obviously chad is barely interested in responding much less vandalizing anybody's car.

he actually admitted to being at fault so there's not much really left here. it hasn't changed anything, but what i have said was true and hopefully quite a few people from the area have seen it. if you're going to be a dick, expect to be treated like one.

Last edited by RoAdRaGe912; 11-13-2005 at 12:22 AM.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Mustang Moderator

Originally Posted by TXAgZ28
Who do you guys autocross with? ER? I've been to a few ER and BMWCCA events up in Mineral Wells. What do you drive?
To be honest, we haven't hit any of the events up here. Always bugs to work out with the car haha. Hopefully this upcoming year I'll make a few, though!

the car is an '89 GT with full suspension(torque arm, panhard bar, LCA's, SFC's, etc, but no k-member). It sucks because it puts me with the race cars, but this is my daily driver! Oh well, its still fun

arron
Old 11-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stang Man
To be honest, we haven't hit any of the events up here. Always bugs to work out with the car haha. Hopefully this upcoming year I'll make a few, though!

the car is an '89 GT with full suspension(torque arm, panhard bar, LCA's, SFC's, etc, but no k-member). It sucks because it puts me with the race cars, but this is my daily driver! Oh well, its still fun

arron
Sounds cool.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Who do you guys autocross with? ER? I've been to a few ER and BMWCCA events up in Mineral Wells. What do you drive?
We have access to the Riverside annex on 47, which is an abandoned air force base. So, it is one of the most bad *** sites I have seen for racing. The course today was about 55-60 sec long, and measured .8 miles. It was really fast, and fun.

We run with Texas A&M sports car club. TAMSCC.org for a list of events and local forum.

Josh
Old 11-13-2005, 07:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DesertFox
We have access to the Riverside annex on 47, which is an abandoned air force base. So, it is one of the most bad *** sites I have seen for racing. The course today was about 55-60 sec long, and measured .8 miles. It was really fast, and fun.

We run with Texas A&M sports car club. TAMSCC.org for a list of events and local forum.

Josh
I was talking to the guy from North Texas.

I've been a member of TAMSCC since '98... You might know me as "Nick" (original, huh?) on tamscc.org
Old 11-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Wow, what a thread

Generally speaking, our #1 goal is to help make new people feel as welcome as possible, and people like myself take it very seriously when a select few become a direct threat to us accomplishing that goal. Our club survives on new membership, and lately it has been declining for various reasons. I'd hate for our club's misrepresentation on this site to be one of them...

However, I'm happy to see some of you guys, even after all of this, continue to help bring people out to our events I hope more of you folks can come out to next year's events, as we hope that they'll be even better, and we will try our best to assure that no one gives anyone any problems at our Autocrosses...

Just FYI, Chad and Brandon are not officers of our club. Not trying to start anything or dig into them, just putting it out there for anyone that thought otherwise...

Thanks,
Pranav
<-Auto-X Chair

Last edited by Pranav; 11-14-2005 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for posting up man. i heard you've become quite the driver now.

i would hope that people wouldn't take this as a thread against the club, but if anything just against chad. you can meet him and the club members to make your own decision. i know quite a few of us stated that it is a good club even if we have had a problem with any of the members there. i still think it's a very good organization and puts on some very nice events. like i said, i will be out there attending soon (hopefully at the next one) and would encourage anyone else to attend.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:16 PM
12 Second Club

just curious....do you have to attend a&m to come out to the auto-x.....and what about the sports car club?
Old 11-14-2005, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No we welcome all who want to attend. But if you are a club member you get a 5 dollar discount on admission. But even without the discount our auto x's only cost 15 dollars, which makes it one of the cheapest deals around.
SO,
1. big course, good surface.
2. low cost.
3. any questions?

Josh
Old 11-14-2005, 08:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DesertFox
which makes it one of the cheapest deals around.
Actually, we are THE cheapest auto-x in the state! Houston SCCA charges $30, LSR PCA $30, Houston BMW $35, Spokes $25.

And our site is BETTER than all of those clubs use! Bigger, more grip, and less marbles!
Old 11-14-2005, 10:56 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by Mojave
Actually, we are THE cheapest auto-x in the state! Houston SCCA charges $30, LSR PCA $30, Houston BMW $35, Spokes $25.

And our site is BETTER than all of those clubs use! Bigger, more grip, and less marbles!
Its $35 up at HEB field. don't have to worry about marbles up there, but the idea of running on an old air force base is just cool.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Spazdout
Its $35 up at HEB field. don't have to worry about marbles up there, but the idea of running on an old air force base is just cool.
The Riverside Annex (where we run) is a WWII airfield. Many original buildings still stand, including hangers and the air traffic control tower (I think it is original).
Old 11-15-2005, 01:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the one event i went to, which is where the pic i posted came from, got rained out. the course looked really good and it definitley wasn't short. the price can't be beat and it looks like a ton of fun. i'd make sure to get a group together to go. i'm not trying to deter people, but somebody from another site went and did not like the welcome they recieved. if anything just PM me and see if i'm going 'cuz i won't take any BS from anybody and if somebody did wanna be a dick it would definitley be entertaining to watch. i dunno who it was, but that still sucks. i would still reccomend to anyone to come out to an event.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:46 AM
TECH Resident

you dont have to be at aTm to do anything. im just taking online classes at blinn and probably wont be doing any school next semester so i can go racing full time, but im still a member of the club adn will continue to be.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Teching In

"RoAdRaGe912" sounds like a bit of a ***** here. Why don't you give your "keyboard ninja" skills a rest and quit sniping at people on the internet? Don't be hating. Just go racing.

-------

"The TAMSCC is the best collegiate autocross club in the world." True statement!

Is there another TAMSCC auto-x in 2005? We missed the Nov. event - too many events in Dallas every weekend. The DFW race sites pale in comparison to The Riverside Annex. The TMS "Bus Lot" is pretty decent, but a little on the small side. Running tomorrow with SCCA at Pennington Field, which is downright microscopic.

TAMU & TAMSCC Class of '94!

Last edited by Fair; 11-19-2005 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Fair
"RoAdRaGe912" sounds like a bit of a ***** here. Why don't you give your "keyboard ninja" skills a rest and quit sniping at people on the internet? Don't be hating. Just go racing.

-------

"The TAMSCC is the best collegiate autocross club in the world." True statement!

Is there another TAMSCC auto-x in 2005? We missed the Nov. event - too many events in Dallas every weekend. The DFW race sites pale in comparison to The Riverside Annex. The TMS "Bus Lot" is pretty decent, but a little on the small side. Running tomorrow with SCCA at Pennington Field, which is downright microscopic.

TAMU & TAMSCC Class of '94!
Hey Fair, whats the latest on the BMW? Any luck with the wiring?

No more events this year. We haven't set our spring schedule yet, as Pranav is waiting on word from Houston SCCA and National Tour for dates.

How is the RX8?
Old 11-20-2005, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fair
too bad you didn't figure out the part that you dont' actually know me, yet i actually know chad. no need to dig this **** up in a lame attempt to back up a person widely known as exactly how i described him. i'm anything but a *****, but that doesn't mean i don't call it like i see it. if something needs to be said then i'll say it, but usually people don't give a reason. i'm guessing you're the bimmer autocross guy i've heard about. u gonna challenge me to an autocross too?

i'm not really interested in the internet part either. i'll leave that for chad. i'm interested in the face to face. just because i pointed out the obvious and it happened to be on the message board (it was brought up here and not by myself) doesn't mean that this is the only place i'd do/say anything or means in any what that i'm just cheap shotting from behind a keyboard. excuse me if you think hating is telling the truth, which chad even admitted to.

let this **** die already.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mojave
Hey Fair, whats the latest on the BMW? Any luck with the wiring?

No more events this year. We haven't set our spring schedule yet, as Pranav is waiting on word from Houston SCCA and National Tour for dates.

How is the RX8?

you mean pranav hasnt finished the schedule yet, you quit twice already , remember?

Old 11-21-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mikespeed95
you mean pranav hasnt finished the schedule yet, you quit twice already , remember?

Good point, Mike. Pranav, in along with all the officers who haven't quit (yet), are waiting on schedules from other auto-x groups.

I'm not sure what you mean about quiting twice, though.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:00 PM
TECH Resident

well from my understanding most the people that quit this semester were tired of a certain chad kuboviac's whining and complaining about everything.....

1st time you quit IIRC was after you calling someone's girlfreind a "stupid bitch" and other actinos showing highly professional representation of the club towards other members, of which when you were held accountable on you moaned/whined and quit, then after last auto-x you were "tired of being the timing bitch stuck in the timing van" ( even though your position in the club was named "TIMING AND SCORING CHAIR") and you quit, again.