Can the Aggies pull this one off?!!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005 | 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I thought it was a good game ... from the stats ... A&M owned the field. A few mistakes and turnovers were costly, and a few bad coaching calls like going for 2pts after the first two touchdowns was a retarded idea. As for the punt that we supposedly "fumbled" for the turn over .... bullshit ... my seats were right down by where that play took place and a&m fell on the ball first and had it covered. I don't care what u say, but when after everybody is up off the ground and the ref's have the ball in hand and it takes another 3 minutes to decide whose ball it is ... the ref's are just guessing.
Obviously UT is the better team, but any team can win on any given game day. If just one of the critical turnovers had gone the other way, then it could have been an entirely different story ... 10-1

congrats and goodluck in the rosebowl guys
Old 11-25-2005 | 09:01 PM
Texas Director

Sprayed, whats funny is that UT played their worst game of the year and atm played their best game of the year and aggy still couldn't close the deal on the Horns, while and Texas still hung 40 on 'em at pyle!

Spin it how you think you have to to convince yourself that atm belongs, but Texas is legitimately the #2 team in the nation. This kind of game will do nothing but help Texas wake up and realize not to take a team for granted. Even the bad teams like atm.
Old 11-25-2005 | 09:01 PM
12 Second Club

I am not gonna say anymore, the Ags are 5-6 and not even going to a bowl, but Texas better bring alot more than that against USC, or they are gonna look worse than OU did last year. I think the future looks bright with Lane and Mcgee, they ran for 300+ yards back to back against the #4 and #6 rush defenses in the country, thats pretty damn impressive. Plus I think ol Torbush is long gone, maybe we will have a real defense again next year.
Old 11-25-2005 | 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

i was there and boy was that an exciting game???? almost caught me a field goal kick too
Old 11-25-2005 | 09:11 PM
Texas Director

I agree. I don't want to get into a pissing match with anyone about the UT/atm game. Hats off to the ags though. They played a helluva game and should be proud of their effort. They just don't have the horses and need to recruit better to be more competitive in the Big 12.

You're absolutely right that if Texas plays like that again this year we'll get blown out against CU/ISU or USC. I still think UT's future is a little brighter than atm's for the forseeable future. Mack has outdone himself in recruiting and will land the best recruiting class in the nation again this year and probably the best one in UT's history come February, and thats saying something considering some of the other sick classes he's signed.

Hook'em!
Old 11-25-2005 | 09:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mmiller
Sprayed, whats funny is that UT played their worst game of the year and atm played their best game of the year and aggy still couldn't close the deal on the Horns, while and Texas still hung 40 on 'em at pyle!

Spin it how you think you have to to convince yourself that atm belongs, but Texas is legitimately the #2 team in the nation. This kind of game will do nothing but help Texas wake up and realize not to take a team for granted. Even the bad teams like atm.
Damn Miller, even when you win your a *****, if we are bad, WHAT IN THE **** ARE YOU, considering we held your offense to 330 yards and rushed for over 300 on your defense. Your team got lucky and won, just be happy and shut up. There is nothing you can say, your team was beat up on ALL DAY LONG by a 2nd string QB and a A&M offense with at least 10 starters out with injuries, your lines were dominated, Vince couldnt do jack ****. Your team was CONSTANTLY given short feilds due to **** POOR special teams, not to mention we turned the ball over SEVERAL times at the absolute worst time. Take this gift and go beat up on whatever team comes out of the north, and hope to GOD that your team plays ALOT better against USC than they did today, because the will get rolled up HARD if they don't. A&M rushed for more yards than any team against Texas all year, they had more yards of offense than any team against Texas all year, they held Texas to less yards than any team all year, they scored more points than any team did against Texas all year, if that is what you call a bad team, then, well...

We should have started Mcgee all year long.....being 5-6 sucks......god damnit
Old 11-25-2005 | 09:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Had the Aggies actually played better, they would've won the game. Isn't that how you win the game anyways? It's not Texas' fault the Aggies made rookie mistakes and they ended up costing them the game. Why earn a win when they're gonna give it to you?

But I do agree that if Texas plays like that against USC it's going to be like last years NC game......UGLY.
Old 11-25-2005 | 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
Damn Miller, even when you win your a *****, if we are bad, WHAT IN THE **** ARE YOU, considering we held your offense to 330 yards and rushed for over 300 on your defense. Your team got lucky and won, just be happy and shut up. There is nothing you can say, your team was beat up on ALL DAY LONG by a 2nd string QB and a A&M offense with at least 10 starters out with injuries, your lines were dominated, Vince couldnt do jack ****. Your team was CONSTANTLY given short feilds due to **** POOR special teams, not to mention we turned the ball over SEVERAL times at the absolute worst time. Take this gift and go beat up on whatever team comes out of the north, and hope to GOD that your team plays ALOT better against USC than they did today, because the will get rolled up HARD if they don't. A&M rushed for more yards than any team against Texas all year, they had more yards of offense than any team against Texas all year, they held Texas to less yards than any team all year, they scored more points than any team did against Texas all year, if that is what you call a bad team, then, well...

We should have started Mcgee all year long.....being 5-6 sucks......god damnit

L

O

L

Tyler
Hook'em
Old 11-25-2005 | 09:29 PM
Texas Director

Just a warning. Any name calling WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! Keep it civil and we'll keep this thread open. A little ribbing and smack talk is one thing, but name calling or personal attacks will not be allowed.
Old 11-25-2005 | 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sprayed, whats funny is that UT played their worst game of the year
Funny, OU played one of their worst games against A&M and put up more than Texas...and that was with an injured red-shirt freshman OU QB.
Old 11-25-2005 | 10:22 PM
12 Second Club

Whatever, you can sit here and way that it was Texas worst game and A&M's best, but that is just a lame excuse for your team getting outplayed and pushed around like little bitches all day long. If you know anything about football you could clearly see A&M's O and D lines DOMINATED Texas, constantly opening HUGE running lanes and in the Texas backfeild all day, I know A&M was not good this year, but Miller you know they have talent, that was the 1st time ALL YEAR, including OSU that Texas's lines were outmatched, if you watch them all year Young just sat there FOREVER picking people apart, he did not have time to do that today and that is what caused his poor passing play, and when he decided to run A&M did a good job of staying in front of him not letting him get loose. The biggest flaw in Young is he gets flustered and makes horrible throws, and he holds the ball out just asking for people to knock it out of his hands.
Old 11-25-2005 | 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok, i just moved to houston from college station, but really............

the fact is that A&M played the best they've looked all season and Texas played the worst they've looked all season. how does that put A&M on par with Texas?? i'm sorry to say, that it doesn't. we were ready and they barely even made it to the game. it would have been an empty victory and UT would have solidified themselves forever as the choke artists that they were for the past few years.

if you can't get over the fact that A&M finally played an awesome game because we still lost to the #2 team in the nation then what kind of Aggie are you??
Old 11-25-2005 | 10:44 PM
Banned

Entirely different story? Reggie is a great QB, and when he had people behind him, he could produce, but he just didn't show anything this year.

Stephen McGee's throwing stats: 9/23 for 83 yds. 0 TD's, 1 INT...Completion percentage 39%

Reggie McNeal's season avg throwing: 53% completion percentage, 16 TD's, 9 INT's

Reggie McNeal also rushed for over 100 yards 4 times this year, 80+ twice also during the season Reggie rushed 96 times for 664 yards, averaging 6.9 ypc.

McGee on the ground ran for 136 yards on 24 carries for a 3.6 YPC avg.

Reggie McNeal >>>>>> McGee
Old 11-25-2005 | 11:07 PM
12 Second Club

Reggie is not an option QB, he is a spread QB who can scramble when plays break down. He did not like the play calling all year, and after while it began to show. Mcgee seems to be able to run the option well, but they need to work on some play action passes this spring to keep defenses honest. But to be honest, Texas was stacking the box and still getting run all over by the Ags, and they were supposed to have the best O and D lines in the nation.
Old 11-26-2005 | 12:55 AM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
Reggie is not an option QB, he is a spread QB who can scramble when plays break down. He did not like the play calling all year, and after while it began to show. Mcgee seems to be able to run the option well, but they need to work on some play action passes this spring to keep defenses honest. But to be honest, Texas was stacking the box and still getting run all over by the Ags, and they were supposed to have the best O and D lines in the nation.

he showed that when he rolled his eyes at fran during the CU game.

Texas is legitimately #2.
As for taking a team for granted BOTH USC & Texas did it multiple times this season, and almost blemished there records. It happens, in pro, highschool & college level.

But the game is over, and texas has the rose bowl to look forward to unless something happens in the Big12 championship. and they should be meeting USC center stage(unless something happens in their camp as well) As for the aggies, fran takes a month off after firing that guy that looks like tom selleck. and starts up spring drills and TRIES building on some of the momentum that was built in the last 2 games.
Old 11-26-2005 | 03:10 AM
Banned

TAMU is the last school Texas would take for granted.

Texas is ranked #2 right now, and rightfully so, but that doesn't exempt them from playing like ****. I mean, they could only just stay ahead of TAMU, and it wasn't because they were taking it easy on the Aggies.
Old 11-26-2005 | 08:51 AM
Texas Director

Every top ranked team has a game or two like this, but better teams like Texas always find a way to win. Why some of you think USC is going to steam roll Texas just because they're USC doesn't make sense. USC's defense is pretty bad. Look at some of the yards they've given this year. Believe me, Texas will come to play in the Rose Bowl. I'm not guaranteeing a win, but they'll give USC all they can handle.

Sprayed, get over it. The ags lost and are not even close to being in Texas' league. The ags played way over their heads yesterday and still couldn't beat big brother. If the two teams played another ten times Texas would win all ten. It shows how poor of a loser you are by what you have said.
Old 11-26-2005 | 10:45 AM
Banned

The ags played way over their heads yesterday

Literally.
Old 11-26-2005 | 11:13 AM
12 Second Club

Every top ranked team has a game or two like this, but better teams like Texas always find a way to win. Why some of you think USC is going to steam roll Texas just because they're USC doesn't make sense. USC's defense is pretty bad. Look at some of the yards they've given this year. Believe me, Texas will come to play in the Rose Bowl. I'm not guaranteeing a win, but they'll give USC all they can handle.

Sprayed, get over it. The ags lost and are not even close to being in Texas' league. The ags played way over their heads yesterday and still couldn't beat big brother. If the two teams played another ten times Texas would win all ten. It shows how poor of a loser you are by what you have said.
Your right, A&M is not in Texas's leage, they just beat them in EVERY aspect of the game, and dominated both LOS the entire game. Like I said, take your gift wraped win and hope your team is alot better when they play Reggie Bush, because is a little freshman QB and a freshman FB can sit there and make your defense look like a bunch of pansy *** girls then you don't even wanna know what White and Bush will do. Im done discussing this with you, you saw the game yesterday so spin it anyway you want.

FIRST DOWNS................... 18 22
RUSHES-YARDS (NET)............ 42-174 52-277
PASSING YDS (NET)............. 162 118
Passes Att-Comp-Int........... 24-13-1 24-10-1
TOTAL OFFENSE PLAYS-YARDS..... 66-336 76-395
Fumble Returns-Yards.......... 0-0 0-0
Punt Returns-Yards............ 2-25 1-0
Kickoff Returns-Yards......... 1-21 6-117
Interception Returns-Yards.... 1--2 1-17
Punts (Number-Avg)............ 3-33.7 5-27.2
Fumbles-Lost.................. 4-2 4-2
Penalties-Yards............... 3-15 9-77
Possession Time............... 24:43 35:17
Third-Down Conversions........ 6 of 15 4 of 14
Fourth-Down Conversions....... 1 of 1 0 of 1
Red-Zone Scores-Chances....... 5-6 4-5
Sacks By: Number-Yards........ 4-45 3-32
Old 11-26-2005 | 12:43 PM
On The Tree

All I have to say is that Im damn proud of my Aggies, its a totally different game come day after thanksgiving! Good luck against USC but we'll see y'all in austin next year!

Whoop 08