Houston Street Races?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston Street Races?

I live in North Richland Hills and about to move to houston to go to UTI and im just wondering where everyone meets up around houston, so if some one could get me some directions or a address that would be awesome. thanks Im moving to carriage hill apartments and if u know anything about those apartments let me know later
Old 02-17-2006, 12:33 PM
HRJ
Launching!

Nobody street races here.....
Old 02-17-2006, 12:47 PM
TECH Addict

Starbucks and Taco Cabana, umm pretty much anywhere they can. As far as south side goes you gotta ask someone else it was to far to drive to go stand and play grab ***, BUT when they do get it on be ready for a long night. As far as your apartments I don't know if it is by UTI which is over off Gessner or some such then it is bad but don't be to concerned nowhere is safe. Pretty much in side the loop is the inside of the toilet water, outside the beltway is out of the toilet completely. But what the hell do I know right !!!!!

Last edited by Parker TX; 02-20-2006 at 12:30 AM.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks the apartments im moving into is outside the toilet...lol...and thanks any good speed shops near? ill prob need parts and some one to hook me up lol
Old 02-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Banned

Street racing is for kids. Be a man and take it to the track
Old 02-17-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 408WS6
or at least don't talk about the locations online.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the comments but im at the track (kennedale) every thursday so yeah. and talking about it online isnt a big deal? In ft worth off of beach the cops come to where everyone hangs out b4 the street races and they dont care that were there unless someone is doing a burnout or something..im not asking where the races are at im asking where everone meets up b4 the races....
Old 02-17-2006, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Street racing is for gamblersand so is the the track. A man can get his *** cracked on the street as well as the track only difference is the illegal element. Race where you want I don't 2 cents where it goes on.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MrBill97396
Street racing is for gamblersand so is the the track. A man can get his *** cracked on the street as well as the track only difference is the illegal element. Race where you want I don't 2 cents where it goes on.
im not going to get all preachy because i do it too, but street racing is alot different. there are more variables and consequences involved. youre alot more likely to hurt or kill someone else street racing than you are at the track. so there is quite the difference.

and if the wrong person sees the locations that are being pointed out on here youre making trouble for someone. you asked about STREET RACING in the title of the thread, youre really making it easy for someone who might be trolling the forum. and almost right away someone posted places right down to the cross streets. that isnt very wise.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
youre alot more likely to hurt or kill someone else street racing than you are at the track.

Not really. I've seen people stand further down the track at a track race than a street race....and if a car flips or turns, guess who theyre aimed at....wall or not.

Street racing in Houston is merely a myth. But to get some good meet spots, check out htownracing.com
Old 02-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MrBill97396

I respectfully disagree here. At the strip is MUCH safer than on the street. When was the last time someone got killed at the drag strip in an 11 sec car? It doesn't happen often because the conditions are very controlled. On the street, people get killed almost every weekend somewhere because of street racing. Besides all of that, your taking innocent bystanders lives into your own hands. Street racing is just plain stupid. And I am done with this thread.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

You can race on the street safely and reasonably. It's when and where you streetrace that determines the "danger."
Old 02-17-2006, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I respectfully disagree here. At the strip is MUCH safer than on the street. When was the last time someone got killed at the drag strip in an 11 sec car? It doesn't happen often because the conditions are very controlled. On the street, people get killed almost every weekend somewhere because of street racing. Besides all of that, your taking innocent bystanders lives into your own hands. Street racing is just plain stupid. And I am done with this thread.

And that is the type of response that the media has drilled into everybodies head. Have you actully been to an Organized street race spot? We stay out there for hours, the only difference I can see is the location, and theres no christmas tree/win lights. We don't have intersections, or main cross streets. Theres no houses, no pedestrians, no old ladies walking thier dogs. Its us, the cars, and a bunch of tree's.

And please, when the media says someone died today because of a street race, they mean that a drunk man in a honda was swerving in and out of traffic trying to show off, and he flipped his car without a seatbelt on, so he died. I've never heard of any civil street racing that ended in death, unless it was a high speed loss of traction, and that happens at the track as well.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CameraMan
And that is the type of response that the media has drilled into everybodies head. Have you actully been to an Organized street race spot? We stay out there for hours, the only difference I can see is the location, and theres no christmas tree/win lights. We don't have intersections, or main cross streets. Theres no houses, no pedestrians, no old ladies walking thier dogs. Its us, the cars, and a bunch of tree's.

And please, when the media says someone died today because of a street race, they mean that a drunk man in a honda was swerving in and out of traffic trying to show off, and he flipped his car without a seatbelt on, so he died. I've never heard of any civil street racing that ended in death, unless it was a high speed loss of traction, and that happens at the track as well.
Yes, street racing and racers are not inherently evil. Of course, some people race and **** in and at the most inappropriate places and times, but for the increased acceleration, you just have to compensate a little bit in certain areas to maintain the same level of safety as in driving the speed limit, such as giving yourself enough room to brake, etc.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Banned

what is this street racing that is being spoken of?
Old 02-17-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

...When was the last time someone got killed at the drag strip in an 11 sec car?...
about 3 weeks ago at HMP.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

in ft worth where people go the "street races" is a bunch of cars where everyone hangs out and talks and has a good time...where everyone meets up...if people want to race that person and you go find a deserted back road and square off...i agree the track is safer to a extent but the simple ? was where does everyone meet up...im not asking for a lecture i just wanted to know ....and some one can look all they want on my topic...who cares...where everyone meets up isnt a big deal...its where they race...and the track is awesome no doubt...but dont tell me when a c6 zo6 pulls up next to you why wouldnt you want to race (thats a example) lol...everyone street races whether ur in a minivan or a supra doesnt matter almost everyone races
Old 02-18-2006, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by carman1007
in ft worth where people go the "street races" is a bunch of cars where everyone hangs out and talks and has a good time...where everyone meets up...if people want to race that person and you go find a deserted back road and square off...i agree the track is safer to a extent but the simple ? was where does everyone meet up...im not asking for a lecture i just wanted to know ....and some one can look all they want on my topic...who cares...where everyone meets up isnt a big deal...its where they race...and the track is awesome no doubt...but dont tell me when a c6 zo6 pulls up next to you why wouldnt you want to race (thats a example) lol...everyone street races whether ur in a minivan or a supra doesnt matter almost everyone races

The NW side of tow nhas alot of meets.

Last edited by Parker TX; 02-20-2006 at 12:33 AM.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:37 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by carman1007
Im moving to carriage hill apartments and if u know anything about those apartments let me know later
http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate...partments.html
Old 02-18-2006, 02:44 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I cant believe that people will post this crap up...that is like advertising black tar heroin for sale online.