Beaumont Area Car Club Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 03:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Beaumont Area Car Club Question

Is there any Trans Am or f-body car clubs in the Beaumont, Port Arthur area?
Old 07-09-2006, 04:23 AM
11 Second Club

Curious myself, I'm in Clear Lake by NASA, weekends I've been cruising over to BMT helping my Mom rebuild her home after Rita. Evenings I've been looking for carshows, etc. PM me if you find out anything please.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:00 AM
11 Second Club

Wow, never knew our side of the state saw any action, lol. We have a little group over here in Orange but it's not just F-bodys. As far as any F-body meets, I haven't seen any yet. Really don't think there's enough enthusiasts in the area. Plenty of the cars, but most people don't know what the hell they're drivin', or care, for that matter. You guys should definitely hit me up however if you're in the area again, it'd be cool to meet others off of Tech.

Chris
Old 07-09-2006, 06:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There aren't any f-body car clubs I know of. There are a lot general car meets on weekends.

1st Saturday of the month meets at the Office Depot parking lot on Highway 69 in Port Arthur.

2nd Friday & Saturday quarterly is the 11th Street Cruise in Beaumont, Next one is August 11/12 and the Hot Summer Nights Car Show weekend. (biggest of the year in Beaumont)

2nd Saturday theres usually a meet in Lumberton also. I haven;t been in a while though.

3rd Saturday of the month is the Weinerschnitzel gathering in Orange.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:03 PM
11 Second Club

Grew up in Orange, about 9yrs...I remember the Wienersnatzel (as my Dad called it). I'll swing by next weekend.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the info guys, I'm currenlty doing nightshift out at Dupont SRW in Orange. I'm from High Island so it's always been closer for me to go to the Golden Triangle area instead of the Houston area. I recall that there was a Mustang Club in this area. Guess no one decided to do one for Firebirds, TAs, and Camaros.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:08 AM
11 Second Club

Man I live right down the road from Dupont in Orange, lol. My father's worked there for almost 28 years now. Come to think of it, I've been seeing a pewter Trans Am in town every so often that I haven't recognized....Not quite stock sounding, but nothing drastic. You, maybe?
Old 07-10-2006, 10:37 AM
11 Second Club

Back in the day cruising I-10 with 30 fbody's (houstonfbody club) taking all 3 lanes going to Sealy was pretty badass. Clubs of specific brands of cars appear to be somewhat lame from what I've seen, more enjoyable just getting a group of folks with hotrods together, whatever you have.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BRETTINATOR
Back in the day cruising I-10 with 30 fbody's (houstonfbody club) taking all 3 lanes going to Sealy was pretty badass. Clubs of specific brands of cars appear to be somewhat lame from what I've seen, more enjoyable just getting a group of folks with hotrods together, whatever you have.
I hear ya there. That's why our little group has a few LS1's, an LT1, and a couple imports. (350Z, Evo) We're just a group of guys that like to hang out, cruise, and race a bit. There's too few of us to pick and choose to cruise with just because it's not an F-body. Nice LT1 btw man.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ArchOverseer
I hear ya there. That's why our little group has a few LS1's, an LT1, and a couple imports. (350Z, Evo) We're just a group of guys that like to hang out, cruise, and race a bit. There's too few of us to pick and choose to cruise with just because it's not an F-body. Nice LT1 btw man.
Thanks man, likewise. Look forward to meeting everybody, only there Sundays sometimes Sat evenings, rebuilding my Mom's place after Rita has been a chore.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BRETTINATOR
Thanks man, likewise. Look forward to meeting everybody, only there Sundays sometimes Sat evenings, rebuilding my Mom's place after Rita has been a chore.
I hear ya about rebuilding. Alot of this place hasn't been put back to normal yet. We got lucky, on the other hand. Had a tree miss our house by approximately 6 inches. Hopefully we don't have to go through that again this season. Look forward to meetin' ya.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I work at DuPont in Orange. Small world eh?
Old 07-10-2006, 07:39 PM
10 Second Club

Bridge City man here working at Firestone in Orange. It would be nice to see some F-body guys get together
Old 07-11-2006, 01:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yall need to go race the ricers they are dumb enough to race for money too. They meet next to raceway in the jefferson city parkin lot at least twice a week on twin city
Old 07-11-2006, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JaSSon
Bridge City man here working at Firestone in Orange. It would be nice to see some F-body guys get together
Bridge City cars are slow and............
Old 07-11-2006, 10:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by OldBlue
Bridge City cars are slow and............
If you feel froggy, jump on the the lilly pad. Id like for you to give my 96,000 mile stock block a shot. Who knows I might spray ya.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:40 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JaSSon
If you feel froggy, jump on the the lilly pad. Id like for you to give my 96,000 mile stock block a shot. Who knows I might spray ya.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There's nothing really out around Beaumont besides what has already been mentioned. The Hot Summer Nights Cruise & Show is cool. Lots of everything usually comes out. Read on one of the local boards that Hooters may be opening up at the old Mojo Nightclub spot (Hunter's Nightclub before that) here in Bmt. but I have not heard anything for certain. If it does then that may bring some more organized car meets to the area.

I used to go out to some meets with the Houston F-Bodys a while back. Photoshoot at NASA, cruises to HRP. . . the good old days. I did one of the Galveston Cruises (the one where the cops ran us off the meeting spot on the island) last summer and that was cool. Houston to Galveston to HRP in one day was a good little road trip. Tried to make the last one but couldn’t at the last min.

If there is ever something organized in the area count me in. I’ll try to support it much as I can, time and work permitting. My little car will be down for a few weeks sometime between now and the end of the year. I have been stocking up on parts, some tools and other things. . . but have something else that I can come out with for a cruise if need be.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:14 PM
11 Second Club

[QUOTE=SebastianLopezJr]I used to go out to some meets with the Houston F-Bodys a while back. Photoshoot at NASA, cruises to HRP. . . the good old days. QUOTE]

What sucks is NASA building the shelter over the Apollo, had heard it was temporary for restoration, it's just a big ugly metal building and you can no longer take decent backdrop pictures.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=BRETTINATOR]
Originally Posted by SebastianLopezJr
I used to go out to some meets with the Houston F-Bodys a while back. Photoshoot at NASA, cruises to HRP. . . the good old days. QUOTE]

What sucks is NASA building the shelter over the Apollo, had heard it was temporary for restoration, it's just a big ugly metal building and you can no longer take decent backdrop pictures.
That does suck. I have not been out there in a few years.

Quick Reply: Beaumont Area Car Club Question