SRT4 w/ V8 Killer sticker, ricer

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 10:37 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default SRT4 w/ V8 Killer sticker, ricer

I always hear so much about how well those things run, this and that. Well at baytown sunday low and behold whats in the lane next to me, a copper colored one with a V8 killer sticker on the back. So I'm thinking bring it on, I just got a basic bull **** bolt on old *** LT1 car. Sure enough get him off the tree and drag him down the track. Kinda makes me think, if you cant beat a simple bolt on LT1 running low 13s you dont have any business with that sticker. What pisses me off though was as I'm shutting down, I'm slow on the brakes, so as we shut down he flies past me, what ever, guess ricers never learn, well what was bad was, but the dumb **** turns infront of me for the turn off. Do Ricers not know the car with the turn off gets right of way? This happens every time I run a ricer at the track, they do a fly by and cut me off wtf
Old 08-23-2006, 10:56 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HA! Some of them NEVER learn.

I ran one a few weekends back from a 40mph roll (bad for me, good for him), and he stayed dead nuts beside me. He would start to pull, then fall back when he'd shift, over and over. We did 2 runs and it was the same each time. I had raced him a few months back and beat him from a roll, and KILLED him from a dig.

I ended up talking to the guy the next weekend and he was definatly not a ricer to my suprise, the guy knew his ****. The car has a 46 trim and full boltons boosting to 26lbs. It also has water injection on the intercooler. He said ever since he upgraded the turbo that he couldn't shift it as hard, said it makes about 400hp at the crank. If he puts a real clutch in it, he should be able to pull me pretty easy.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:56 PM
Ginger Hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its happens, skittles can move from rolls, but at the track they have some problems. him doing the fly-by at the track is priceless though.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:57 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by Spazdout
its happens, skittles can move from rolls, but at the track they have some problems. him doing the fly-by at the track is priceless though.
You loose!
Old 08-23-2006, 11:21 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm sure they can, but why have a V8 killer sticker when you cant even handle a low 13 sec bolt on car? I can only imagine what a basic bolt on LS1 would do to it
Old 08-23-2006, 11:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
HA! Some of them NEVER learn.

I ran one a few weekends back from a 40mph roll (bad for me, good for him), and he stayed dead nuts beside me. He would start to pull, then fall back when he'd shift, over and over. We did 2 runs and it was the same each time. I had raced him a few months back and beat him from a roll, and KILLED him from a dig.

I ended up talking to the guy the next weekend and he was definatly not a ricer to my suprise, the guy knew his ****. The car has a 46 trim and full boltons boosting to 26lbs. It also has water injection on the intercooler. He said ever since he upgraded the turbo that he couldn't shift it as hard, said it makes about 400hp at the crank. If he puts a real clutch in it, he should be able to pull me pretty easy.
46 trim? You sure it wasnt a 56 trim? 46 isn't much bigger than stock, and I can't say I've ever heard of one being used (still a very active member in the SRT community, even though I don't own one anymore). Especially to be making 400 crank hp, its gotta be a BIG turbo...Rocky's Stage 3 and a 100shot on top of the bigger turbo doesn't even make 5 to the wheels. Do you remember the guys name, or what his SRT looks like?
Old 08-24-2006, 07:15 AM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by 1SlowSRT
46 trim? You sure it wasnt a 56 trim? 46 isn't much bigger than stock, and I can't say I've ever heard of one being used (still a very active member in the SRT community, even though I don't own one anymore). Especially to be making 400 crank hp, its gotta be a BIG turbo...Rocky's Stage 3 and a 100shot on top of the bigger turbo doesn't even make 5 to the wheels. Do you remember the guys name, or what his SRT looks like?
He said it was a 46 trim. The guy's name is Lester, it's red with chrome/red wheels on it.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:33 AM
9 Second Club

Lt1 Ownzjoo
Old 08-24-2006, 08:30 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Most SRT4 owners are worse than Honda boys, because they honestly think their shitboxes are fast. Honda guys know their place in the automotive food chain for the most part, they like racing against other slow vehicles.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:10 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's really a simple answer Neil: stupidity.

The worst transgressors of track etiquette (sp?) at SAR are always the ricers.

You gotta be stupid to like those cars. You gotta be stupid if you think they are "fast" with a few bolt-ons and stickers. So, it just follows that they are stupid enough to do a lot of dumb **** at the track.

Can't tell you how many times those stupid ***** have shown up at the track at like 8:00 or 9:00 at night and pull right into my pit spot. Nevermind the jack, tire iron, cooler, maybe street tires, etc. all laying there. No way that spot could be taken! Stupid *****. It's too bad I can't shoot them. If you want a prime spot in the pits, sonny boy, you can't show up 2-3 hours into the racing.

These are the same guys who don't know what courtesy staging is, cut you off in the shutdown area (like you mentioned), and drive at 40 MPH down the pits like jackasses.

Quick Reply: SRT4 w/ V8 Killer sticker, ricer