Pinks is coming to Ennis

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 07:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
didn't get to run the car...got there at like 11:15 and tech was about a mile long so we just spectated. thanks for the complement though. what part of town you live in Brady?
I am from Bellevue, about 130 miles from the track. I drove down. Also, I waited 2 and half hours in the line. I had never got to make a quarter mile pass. I was impressed with my stock vertered, bolt on car going 12.94@107. Where you from?
Old 09-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Launching!

It looks like they will be filming Pinks season 4 at Ennis next month.
http://www.texasmotorplex.com/cal/ca...h=10&year=2006
Old 09-04-2006, 11:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TWS
No ****.

I found out that I brought a knife to a gun fight. How many of those sweet sixteen had a CD player, Cruise control, PW/PL, overdrive tranny, etc?

We didn't stand a chance Ray.

Street cars my ***. We were mislead.
Its funny how people thing options on a car make it a street car.
A street car is a car who's main purpose is to be driven on the street. My car has no a/c, no p/s, no radio, no heater and no overdrive. But yet its my only mode of transportation. Just cause you can't handle a car without all the luxuries doesn't mean other people can't.
I think for a street class the car should be able to make a 30 mile cruise at 60 mph non stop. and it should run on no more than 93 octane. have fully operational lights, turn signals, brake lights and windshield wipers.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:22 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SUX2BU
Its funny how people thing options on a car make it a street car.

No, I don't think those options necessarily make mine a street car. John Force could install all that on his car and it wouldn't be a street car. I'm just using those to make a point. It's a little harder to prove on the Internet that my car regularly makes the 70-80 mile drive to SAR, races, and then drives home. It also goes on local F-body cruises, goes around town to street meets on Wednesday or Saturday nights, and I take it to work sometimes when I'm feeling like it.

I know exactly who you are and what your car is like. Remember the blue Z28 almost right next to you in the tech lane for about 2 hours?

Seems like you think you know me based on the assumptions in your post.

I do, however, agree with your last 2 sentences, all else in your post was bullshit if you are trying to talk about me.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:29 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah i remember you and it was just a generalization.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

think the fun ford weekend will take the new ford camaro's? lol
Old 09-04-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

SUX2BU, were you on draglites?
Old 09-04-2006, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If they didn't have a set of these...... I guess its not a street car. IMO

Old 09-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DesertFox
The turbo Regal that had blew up? That was unfortunate that car looked nice.

A friend of mine runs fun ford events and he has to go on a 30 min cruise and can't open his hood afterwards, I think if they did that it would have been alot more street friendly. But its their show not mine, I just thought they wanted a place for street cars to compete.

Nice Pics TWS.

Josh
yea popped a HG, gonna R&R it later 2day with a few foamys... I agree and it was mentioned but the reply was "we dont have time for that ****"
Old 09-04-2006, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't really expect to have a chance at being in the top 16 picked but I was pissed off that so many picked were no where near street cars and how the rules only seemed to apply to some of the cars/drivers.

Chopstix had to take his bottle out and run NA yet another car in the finals didn't have his bottle securely mounted or have a blow down tube, or even a cage even though he was running bottom 10's

Last edited by Bad Habit Bird; 09-04-2006 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Street Car to me means registered, inspected, and insured.
But you also have to use common sense, like TWS said if John Force showed up with stickers on the windshield it is still a race car
Old 09-04-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Junkie

can I just get tickets at the gate or can I get them prepaid?
Old 09-04-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I cant say too much that already hasnt been said, but I too thought they sold out most of the actually street driven cars.

What made it to the finals? A 10-12 full blown drag cars, a few shop cars, and maybe 2-4 actual street cars. Bullshit.

I know it was a pilot episode they were filming, but goddamn, i'm sure they knew what they were going to do well beforehand and purposely mislead people to get the maximum turnout.

I've personally seen todd (TWS) drive his car out all the time to the street meets. I'd bet my right nut that at least 75% of the cars in the sweet 16 havent been on the street in years.

Pinks FTL.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by flyin ryan
yea I wish they would have made us have a cruise or somthing. my first race was against a freakin bracket car that runs 560's @ redline every weekend I was told. bars , chute, no pass. seat etc.... but, I guess everyone has there own version of a street car? -no I was the grey buick 6 banger,,,,
yeah a cruise wouldve done well, just lke the Pump Gas Drags, oh well
Old 09-04-2006, 01:53 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Here's my email that I am composing to them:

Anyone else feel like telling them they pulled a bait and switch? Their email address is: info@pullin.tv

Dear PINKS staff,

I just returned from your first ALL-OUT episode filming and I have to say I had a mixed experience. While it was something new and different for this regular bracket racer, I have some "constructive criticism" that I want to share with you. Yeah, I'm jealous that I wasn't picked for the "sweet sixteen" and didn't get a shot at wining $10,000, but there is going to be some hard truth in the steam that I am about to vent here.

1. "ALL-OUT, America's best racer in a street car". That's how your banner reads. You need to immediately delete "street car" from the title. That was a joke. We racers know that you guys are "television guys" first and "car guys" second, and that really showed this weekend. When the majority of cars racing have only one tailight... guess what? You are not running a street car event. One tailight means that they have the minimum required to race at the track (only). The sweet sixteen was largely composed of race only cars that probably never see ANY street time, and if they did the local PD would have them pulled over within a few blocks.

2. Your website for ALL-OUT registration said (here's a direct cut and paste):

** Participation requirements **:
Sign Liability release "to be on Television."
All cars must be street legal.
Must meet a NHRA tech inspection
No titles required
No sandbaggers allowed.
Agree to sign all releases and waivers
Agree to race heads-up

Notice the line that says "all cars must be street legal". Yeah, that's another feature you are going to have to delete. You ended up picking a bunch of race cars and those of us guys with legitimate street cars feel that we got suckered into "bringing a knife to a gun fight". This is Texas and we believe in straight talk and an absence of B.S. I've been on the Internet boards already and while I know that the internet is infamous for whining and complaining, there is an overwhelming consensus on the sites I have visited that PINKS pulled a fast one.

3. On the positive side, it was something new and different from the regular racing events that I normally compete in. However, due to the whole premise not matching the results, I am not sure if I would show up for another of your events.

Sincerely,
Todd
Old 09-04-2006, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not exaggerated in any way. Well put.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Banned

i would add something in the letter about being NHRA legal as several of those cars were not.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

you should tell them about the 30 mile cruise qualifing thing.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bad Habit Bird
Chopstix had to take his bottle out and run NA yet the 06 Z06 didn't have his bottle securely mounted or have a blow down tube, or even a cage even though he was running bottom 10's
sssshhhhhh... no one knew he was sprayin! the C5 didnt have a cage either iirc. and it was a vert right???
Old 09-04-2006, 03:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bad Habit Bird
Chopstix had to take his bottle out and run NA yet the 06 Z06 didn't have his bottle securely mounted or have a blow down tube, or even a cage even though he was running bottom 10's
the C5 didnt have a cage either iirc. and it was a vert right???

Last edited by WizeAss; 09-05-2006 at 03:34 PM.