Deadly Crash on RL Thorton

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 07:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deadly Crash on RL Thorton

Any one no who this is. It was a pewter C5 corvette. Looked to have Z06 rims. Hope this isnt any one on here.

News link to get to the video about the crash:

http://www.nbc5i.com/video/index.html
Old 09-28-2006, 07:57 AM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

Dawm,I hope thats not the guy I met the other day. He was cool and the car was bad ***. He had h/c, full exhaust that was dumped before the rear. That vette was mean.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:21 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Damn, that sucks to see. What a terrible way to go, had to see it coming.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:34 AM
11 Second Club

Saw that on TV this morning. Had paper plates on it.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

I saw that too this morning, horrible way to go.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

Horrible way to go, but if you are going to drive like that... gotta expect those things to happen. Sure as hell doesnt look like he was going slow.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ino
Dawm,I hope thats not the guy I met the other day. He was cool and the car was bad ***. He had h/c, full exhaust that was dumped before the rear. That vette was mean.
Sad story...

Was not him. This Vette was silver, paper plates and had wheel spacers on all four corners. The tires stuck out horribly from the fenders. I saw it last week on Marsalis Ave. North of I-35 not far from where this accident happened. I recently lost my Dad in an accident in his Silver C5.

Last edited by TexasVortexx; 09-28-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DSIM
Horrible way to go, but if you are going to drive like that... gotta expect those things to happen. Sure as hell doesnt look like he was going slow.
Yeah sure didnt look like that. He obviously wasnt paying much attion to the road or he was under the influence of somthing.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My guess would be he rear ended the truck in the mainlanes of the interstate and stuck the car beneath the truck and was dragged to the shoulder.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TexasVortexx
My guess would be he rear ended the truck in the mainlanes of the interstate and stuck the car beneath the truck and was dragged to the shoulder.
Yeah i just dont see how you hit a semi truck on the road. Sorry about the lose of you dad man. Just lost a freind in a boating accident and she was only 15.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by irbs
Yeah i just dont see how you hit a semi truck on the road. Sorry about the lose of you dad man. Just lost a freind in a boating accident and she was only 15.
Was it the 5 person fatality accident between two big boats? If so my co-workers Daughter grew up with the girl who died. They have a pink memorial reference to her on the back of his Denali.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:45 PM
TECH Resident

No she got ran over but there are lots of stickers on peoples cars and things like that. Are whole school has shirts for it. Her name was Brittney Lindt. Her family is trying to raise money right now to change Texas Boating laws. But they do make pink memorial refrences like that for her. Im only 15 so i knew her pretty well so it really has impacted my life. And just for the people that think the 15 year olds on this site are kids using there older brothers id. I am a 15 year old who gets a camaro ss for his first car and i have grown to love cars over the 5 years my brother has had diffrent muscle car.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:12 AM

No she got ran over but there are lots of stickers on peoples cars and things like that. Are whole school has shirts for it. Her name was Brittney Lindt. Her family is trying to raise money right now to change Texas Boating laws. But they do make pink memorial refrences like that for her. Im only 15 so i knew her pretty well so it really has impacted my life. And just for the people that think the 15 year olds on this site are kids using there older brothers id. I am a 15 year old who gets a camaro ss for his first car and i have grown to love cars over the 5 years my brother has had diffrent muscle car.

not to be an ******* or anything but i hope that we dont see you under a semi like that, cause it wasn't long ago that i was sixteen, so i know what goes through young ones heads, just a word of advice be careful
Old 09-29-2006, 07:31 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah i just dont see how you hit a semi truck on the road.
High rate of speed, going over a hill.... sometimes you cant see what is on the other side. I know (or knew) a guy that was doing about 130 on his motorcycle in Houston, went over a hill.... didnt see the semi on the other side until it was to late.... he didnt survive either.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My first cars as a teenager were the fastest for there time. I think it comes down to the individuals driving personality. Ofcourse age plays a huge roll but does'nt always mean an accident is bound to happen because he drives a fast car at 16. My close friend's 18 year old Son has been driving his Fathers 600+ HP 1st gen off and on since he received his drivers license without an incident. On the other hand my 17 year old Nephew recently was out with my Father driving Dad's C5 and crossed fast oncoming SUV traffic without judging the timing and my Father was killed. We all just have to play it smart and safe.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

I understand what all of you are saying. But i am not like most teenagers. My parents have rasied me stricktly. I dont drink or do drugs any thing that will harm my body and others around me. Yes a camaro SS is quite a car for a 16yr old to have. My brother got a 1999 Z28 Camaro when he was 15 and after 3 or 4 months being 16 he wanted an SS so my dad bought him and SS and he has never had a wreck. I am not gonna abuse having a fast car. This is a privelage for me. Its a reward for working hard in school and making good grades. If i dont keep up with my side of the deal than i dont get a camaro. If i drink or do drugs i can say buy to college being payed for and a car. So i would never do anything like that.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I understand what all of you are saying. But i am not like most teenagers. My parents have rasied me stricktly. I dont drink or do drugs any thing that will harm my body and others around me. Yes a camaro SS is quite a car for a 16yr old to have. My brother got a 1999 Z28 Camaro when he was 15 and after 3 or 4 months being 16 he wanted an SS so my dad bought him and SS and he has never had a wreck. I am not gonna abuse having a fast car. This is a privelage for me. Its a reward for working hard in school and making good grades. If i dont keep up with my side of the deal than i dont get a camaro. If i drink or do drugs i can say buy to college being payed for and a car. So i would never do anything like that.
It was very much the same for me and is the same for my own two children, coming now into driving age.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:19 PM

well i can say is i hope that you stay true to that statement
Old 09-30-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

Why wouldnt i stay true to it. I dont hang around with kids that drink. My parents havent ever tried any type of alchol in their life. I am just not around these type of things to want to do them. When i go out to sneaky petes on the weekends and every body is drunk that makes me want to stay clear of any thing that will make me look like an idiot on public.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Curveball TECH

Hell, when I got good grades I got a pat on the back. Things can get real shitty REAL quick having a high hp car like that. When I first started driving the SS(coming from an '86 bronco) I scared myself a couple times and UTEVO a time or two