What shop would work on this car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006 | 01:08 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Default What shop would work on this car?

I have a 1988 IROC that is pristine Condition. The motor was pulled & the owner was going to install a Carb motor, He lost intrest & I had the stock motor rebuilt & installed. But when he took the motor out. He took out all of the wiring for the TPI.

So what shop has a good rep that would work on a car this old & replace the wiring harness on this car & get the car back up in running condidtion for daily driver status

This car is stock & I want to keep this way. It's a present to my wife.
Old 10-17-2006 | 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1bad93lx
I have a 1988 IROC that is pristine Condition. The motor was pulled & the owner was going to install a Carb motor, He lost intrest & I had the stock motor rebuilt & installed. But when he took the motor out. He took out all of the wiring for the TPI.

So what shop has a good rep that would work on a car this old & replace the wiring harness on this car & get the car back up in running condidtion for daily driver status

This car is stock & I want to keep this way. It's a present to my wife.
Fastech or RPM for the win!!!!!
Old 10-17-2006 | 01:19 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Fastech or RPM for the win!!!!!
I thought Fastech was out of Buisness?

Also doesn't RPM just work on newer cars?

Really this car is not a piece of junk. the body is in great cond & the paint still looks new, It is the 5.7 & has t-tops & just looking at it sitting there the car looks like it has been in a time capsul from 1988, You have to see pic of the car to understand why I want to drop this kind of money in to it. I have had this car for 6 months now & it has been sitting my garage until I was able to get some money up to fix it. HELL I park my 2000 Formula out side & let this car have the garage, Just to give you a indication of how clean this car is.
Old 10-17-2006 | 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

best bet is to ask folks on NTTGA.net for advice (north texas third gen assoc.)
Old 10-17-2006 | 01:28 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Thanks I will do.
Old 10-17-2006 | 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

SQR? Who knows
Old 10-17-2006 | 01:34 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigBronco
SQR? Who knows

They have a pretty long wait for big projects like this. I am dropping my 2000 Formula off this sat for Pullys & EWP & a 5/8s Nitrous Pressure Gauge Install this sat.

But thanks for the suggestion
Old 10-17-2006 | 01:36 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
best bet is to ask folks on NTTGA.net for advice (north texas third gen assoc.)

I went over there & joined up & my user name is (SEB) over there. I have to wait before I can confirm my Reg since my work has quartine for outside e-mails & I won't get the Quartine e-mail till tommorow.

What is your user name over there?
Old 10-17-2006 | 01:43 PM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

Do all the gauges work still? You might be way ahead buying a stand alone fuel injection system instead of trying to patch the stock harness back together. A Gen 7 dfi kit will run around $1800 and I wouldn't think you'd have much more than $500 for labor. You'd obviously need an intake with fuel rails, injectors and a throttle body though.
Old 10-17-2006 | 02:05 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BP
Do all the gauges work still? You might be way ahead buying a stand alone fuel injection system instead of trying to patch the stock harness back together. A Gen 7 dfi kit will run around $1800 and I wouldn't think you'd have much more than $500 for labor. You'd obviously need an intake with fuel rails, injectors and a throttle body though.
The whole longblock is assembled & intalled in the car with the TPI Intake & injectors. the gauges all work. he just took all the Fuel Injection wiring out. I thought I could get a new harness from Painless for $250 & pay a shop to install it & tie up any loose ends the car might have to get running & driving.