rumsfeld out...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattsls1
Bringing the troops home right now would be stupid. Everything we have worked for would be lost. I have friends over there currently. And they are proud about that!
My point exactly!
Old 11-09-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Intimidator SS
G.W.Bush is the dumbest and worst president the country has ever had, and we all know he's gonna have a real hard time for the next two years and be out in 2008.

President Bush is dumb, let's look at this:
1. He graduated from Yale
2. He graduated from Harvard
3. He flew jets
4. Successful oil man
5. Gov. of TX
6. Part owner of the Rangers
7. Elected not once, but TWICE to the pres. of the U.S.

I don't think you'll ever come close to doing what this "dumb" man did.

I don't agree w/ everything he's done and he may not be a slick talker, but he is not dumb.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

It doesn't matter if he will or not, he won't be re-elected, that's for sure, ppl got tired of him and his incompetence, he recently realized that, didn't he?
Your political ignorance is obvious in all of your posts in this thread.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Launching!

It doesn't matter if he will or not, he won't be re-elected, that's for sure, ppl got tired of him and his incompetence, he recently realized that, didn't he?
he wont because (correct me if i am wrong) the presidency has a two term limit. so you are correct for saying he won't be re-elected
Old 11-09-2006, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

There is so much to say! Our troops are in harms way for a good reason. Would there be a France, Russia, would the jews still be alive? These are the good things we have done in history. We have many buried in these countries defending there lively hood. Now we are doing it for the Iraq`s. I have family over there. They agree on what they are doing!And I support them! As for the Dem! I really look forward to them fixing everything! Immagration, welfare, security for our country! Cut our taxes! Yea right. Give more to the poor! Raise our taxes! It goes on and on. I believe Bush is a good christian! He is just in a tough position! Not many presidents have been threw what he has! God Bless our Troops!

As for there rights! Tell that to all the people they have touch threw there destruction. You do what you need to do to get answers. We don`t need to know it all. There rights where given up when they started cutting peoples heads off and blowing everyone up.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:29 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm an 11-year Army veteran. Now a fat and happy civilian. My 11 years of service don't make me an expert on international politics or warfare... but they do make me opinionated.

The Geneva Convention does NOT apply to terrorists, or even the insurgents in Iraq. They do not wear a uniform. They are not fighting openly, rather they hide among women, children and the general population. They do not abide by the Geneva Convention themselves. Kidnapping and beheading people on video tape or planting bombs in crowded markets does not entitle them to any respect, much less protection under a convention that they do not adhere to themselves.

I am continually amazed that the far left in America cannot recognize the common sense of what I just wrote above.

Countries like France... they don't surprise me. The last time the French had any real ***** was when Napoleon was running the place.

I'm just disappointed in a lot of my fellow Americans that they blame the U.S. We did not start the war on terror. It started back in 1979 when the Iranian fanatics overran and occupied our embassy in Tehran. It has just picked up speed since then. Yes, over the years the U.S. has done some meddling in the Middle East that we cannot be proud of... but NOTHING that justifies 9/11 or the continued preaching of hatred and destruction of the West that is an educational staple in many parts of the Arab world.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

My goodness TWO great posts from Beard and Todd!
Old 11-09-2006, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TWS
I'm an 11-year Army veteran. Now a fat and happy civilian. My 11 years of service don't make me an expert on international politics or warfare... but they do make me opinionated.

The Geneva Convention does NOT apply to terrorists, or even the insurgents in Iraq. They do not wear a uniform. They are not fighting openly, rather they hide among women, children and the general population. They do not abide by the Geneva Convention themselves. Kidnapping and beheading people on video tape or planting bombs in crowded markets does not entitle them to any respect, much less protection under a convention that they do not adhere to themselves.

I am continually amazed that the far left in America cannot recognize the common sense of what I just wrote above.

Countries like France... they don't surprise me. The last time the French had any real ***** was when Napoleon was running the place.

I'm just disappointed in a lot of my fellow Americans that they blame the U.S. We did not start the war on terror. It started back in 1979 when the Iranian fanatics overran and occupied our embassy in Tehran. It has just picked up speed since then. Yes, over the years the U.S. has done some meddling in the Middle East that we cannot be proud of... but NOTHING that justifies 9/11 or the continued preaching of hatred and destruction of the West that is an educational staple in many parts of the Arab world.

Well said
Old 11-09-2006, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

I hate liberalism. It's a terrible and horrid mental disease.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jeffstar
You know, I don't know a lot about that. However, I do know that he set up secret prisons and violated the geneva convention by authorizing torture and the geneva convention proteced my Father in Korea and Vietnam, now my Grand Father Novinger fought in WWII but the 'geneva convention' was developed afterwards...however when he was shot down over Berlin he was treated like a HUMAN BEING. I appreciate you and support you and wish you all the best more then you know (family ties, i'm sure you understand)

I also dont mean to seem stupid but, what "secret prisons. and what geneva conventon was violated". On my first deployment, my unit was in charge of detaniees. We held that to our highest standard. there was no torture or anything of the like going on. We gave them medical, dental, 3 square meals, and a place to sleep. they had everything they needed. they were even given the koran for prayer. when they were taken out of there cells, they were guarded but not beaten, or deprived of food, watter. so please enlighten me and the rest of the forum as to where you are getting your info. I can go on about how well they were treated compared to where they lived.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm sorry, but I am neither a soldier or a politician. However, I don't feel that things like "geneva convention" and "human rights" belong in the same sentence as terroism.

Rip their finger nails off, cut their genitals off, and build electric bleachers. F those mother F'ers . There comes a point where you have to stand up and fight fire with fire.

Ryan
Old 11-10-2006, 04:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2002C5COUPE
Your political ignorance is obvious in all of your posts in this thread.
I'm sorry guys, as a foreigner and living abroad, I didn't know an American president could be elected only twice, my bad, thanks for the info.

Anyways, G.W.Bush LOST because of his incompetence to handle the war in Iraq which is sliding towards chaos as well as the hurricane Katrina by not responding quickly enough to the catastrophe, does anybody disagree?
Old 11-10-2006, 04:15 AM
TECH Regular

I'm sorry guys, as a foreigner and living abroad, I didn't know an American president could be elected only twice, my bad, thanks for the info.

Anyways, G.W.Bush LOST because of his incompetence to handle the war in Iraq which is sliding towards chaos as well as the hurricane Katrina by not responding quickly enough to the catastrophe, does anybody disagree?
GW Bush lost???? He wasn't running for anything. Like was stated earlier unless you have been over in Iraq and experienced it first hand, I don't think you are in much of a place to say how well it is run. People start believing everything they read in the papers and see on TV that is when things go south fast. I listen to comments made by people that are over there and then I make judgements on how well the war was run.

As far as Katrina, there were Coast Guard on sight within the hour after the hurricane hit helping people. If you want to pass blame start locally and go out from there.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

That is very Jane Fonda of you to say that. Just two questions...

1. Have you been in or anywhere within 500 miles of a combat area?

2. How does it feel knowing that there are men an women, such as myself, over here protecting your rights so you can go out and learn and be able to form the opinions that you have?

Originally Posted by jeffstar
I understand and respect your view. However, I can't agree with it. I feel that our country can NOT protect ours basic ideas of Freedom, Human Rights and Democracy with secret torture camps, violating the Geneva convention and violating human rights, no matter who our enemies are....everyone, regardless of what they've done, deserves a trial by jury that is open to the public and nobody, ever, deserves to be held for 5-6 years in prisons that use torture and violate basic human rights (American or not) with out charge. I'm sorry you are unable to have sympathy and empathy for other people when their human rights are violated. I'd like to see how you'd feel about tortue and human rights after you experience something to the effect. Say being crammed into a box and beaten for a few hours a day with out food or water, or being mentally tortured. You seem really tough when you're talking about not having sympathy, it's very Toby Keith of you, however after having all your finger nails ripped out because you "might" have some information that somebody wants I have a gut feeling you'd be thinking differently.

It's hard to stand up and do the right thing when nobody else is, including our enemies be them geopolitically bound or not. However, as Americans I feel it's our duty to embody the ideas we say we're protecting, during warefare and during peace time.

Also, I never said our Country shouldn't be operating in the middle East I just don't like how or what we're doing there.

Finally....I'm done with this post. I could go on for hours. There is a reason our country is extremely politically polarized right now and living in Texas I am part of the minority of people who support Human Rights for our enemy combatants captured and imprisoned. Back to talking cars, much more fun for me.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:21 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Thanks Gray and Matt.

I almost didn't post in this thread. I'm glad you saw value in my contribution.

The topic of Katrina raised its ugly head, so I have a comment on that.

The swirl of blame game surrounding Katrina is a masterpiece of propaganda from the far left of the democratic party. There was a democrat mayor (Nagin) and a democrat governor (Blanco), but somehow the federal government gets blamed because the local response sucked? Maybe it's because the first republican in that chain was all the way up in Washington?

Yeah that Brown guy at FEMA comes off like an idiot, and there is plenty of blame to go around... but it was a grand achievement of the democrats to sell the big lie of blaming the entire thing on President Bush.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:31 AM
Banned

Let's not forget that there were empty buses leaving the inner-city 3 days before Katrina hit.

The liberal media is completely to blame here. The best is Cindy Sheehan. Well you stupid ignorant ****, how the **** can you make a point about your dead son when in fact you DID NOT EVEN RAISE HIM AFTER BIRTH? Again, facts not known to the masses. There are too many ******* motherfucking liberal pieces of **** that need to die.

Oh, and to Intimidator SS, Dale "The Wall" Earnhardt would kick your tree hugging, tofu sandwich eating, yoga stretching, Oxygen channel watching *** if he were alive.

R.I.P #3!!11one
Old 11-10-2006, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Foreigner eh? Let me guess... French?

You're an idiot dude. Turn off CNN and stop watching Spike Lee's twisted documentaries and start thinking for yourself.

W hasn't LOST anything. You need to learn a little more about how US politics before spewing this nonsense.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hawgs

You're an idiot dude. Turn off CNN and stop watching Spike Lee's twisted documentaries and start thinking for yourself.

W hasn't LOST anything. You need to learn a little more about how US politics before spewing this nonsense.

Illegal immigrant came to my mind
Old 11-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Teching In

+1 hahaha
Old 11-10-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Junkie

W hasn't LOST anything.
Nahhh...