Need inspection, anyone have a hook up still...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007 | 02:02 PM
10 Second Club

Default Need inspection, anyone have a hook up still...

Just got a new car from out of state, before I can register it, I have to have inspection on it before I can register it. PM me if you can help.
Old 01-17-2007 | 02:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here's what you do, you get another car, preferrably one just like yours, and go have that inspected, and just tell the guy, give me the sticker, I am having a "custom" windshield installed tommorow. And go throw that sticker on your ****. Or you can go to a place that looks shady,and tell him straight up, and he might hook up the exhaust sensor to a carolla.
Old 01-17-2007 | 02:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by PMCSPIDER
Here's what you do, you get another car, preferrably one just like yours, and go have that inspected, and just tell the guy, give me the sticker, I am having a "custom" windshield installed tommorow. And go throw that sticker on your ****. Or you can go to a place that looks shady,and tell him straight up, and he might hook up the exhaust sensor to a carolla.
The problem is I have to have the paperwork to give to the registration office with the correct vin and all.
Old 01-17-2007 | 04:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

THen go with option B. Go to a place where the inspection guy is cool, and not your a-typical tight *** that hates his job. And have it inspected, but when they do the exhaust test, for emitions, I have heard that they sometimes just hook it up to another vehicle. Just an idea, it sure beats throwin a cat on for a day.
Old 01-17-2007 | 04:39 PM
10 Second Club

THen go with option B. Go to a place where the inspection guy is cool, and not your a-typical tight *** that hates his job. And have it inspected, but when they do the exhaust test, for emitions, I have heard that they sometimes just hook it up to another vehicle. Just an idea, it sure beats throwin a cat on for a day.
I'll keep trying, but this car would not pass even with cats, lol....
Old 01-17-2007 | 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

What if the inspector is a dog person?
Old 01-17-2007 | 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

dog person? Whatever that means, it doesnt sound good. I dunno PM my brother "SHINER", I dont know how that machine of his passes it does. Maybe he can give you a point in the right direction.
Old 01-17-2007 | 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

dog person? Whatever that means, it doesnt sound good. I dunno PM my brother "SHINER", I dont know how that machine of his passes it does. Maybe he can give you a point in the right direction.
Travis is actually your brother?
Old 01-17-2007 | 05:00 PM
Launching!

PM sent.
Banned

the inspector has to scan the VIN off of the vehicle, your idea shouldn't really work unless the shop has old equipment. not to mention that inspectors aren't usually willing to just hand the sticker over to the customer since there's a possible $10k fine for doing so.
TECH Resident

Where is Kemah? Is it near Houston? You must be OBD I right? If so PM me. My car is illegal as hell.
Old 01-17-2007 | 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Old 01-17-2007 | 05:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Shackleford
I didn't word that so well. Lets just say that I don't have cats either, yet I have an inspection sticker. He should PM me.
Old 01-17-2007 | 05:20 PM
((((((Administrator))))))
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Shackleford
What if the inspector is a dog person?

dog person? Whatever that means, it doesnt sound good.
Cat = exhaust cats, he was cracking a joke saying a dog person.

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
the inspector has to scan the VIN off of the vehicle...
Not so. I just had both my cars inspected (they both pass just fine) and their scanner can't read through the windsheild very well so on both of my cars they had to type it in by hand.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 01-17-2007 | 05:26 PM
12 Second Club

i dont kno how close you are to dallas but i have hook ups if you are close but looks like you are close to h-town sorry!
Old 01-17-2007 | 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

All they have to have is your insurace card and then they can just hook another car up to the rollers. A buddy of mine used to do it all the time, i think he charged 100 bucks a pop. PM me for details.

Dick
Old 01-17-2007 | 06:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dickster86
All they have to have is your insurace card and then they can just hook another car up to the rollers. A buddy of mine used to do it all the time, i think he charged 100 bucks a pop. PM me for details.

Dick
Sounds like the same exact setup my "friend" uses.
Old 01-17-2007 | 06:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CRAGER
Not so. I just had both my cars inspected (they both pass just fine) and their scanner can't read through the windsheild very well so on both of my cars they had to type it in by hand.

Peace,
Craig.

older equipment wont.... they can scan the vin on the door or in the glove box also if they know where to find them. (not all cars have them there though) mine did for some reason. mine passed just fine also even with no cats or exhaust, egr, or air to be seen.... interesting. but i'm not an inspector anymore so i can't do my own. thats why i need a hook up now...
Old 01-17-2007 | 07:18 PM
10 Second Club

well did you find someone yet.ask around helped out a few
Old 01-17-2007 | 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

my friend just got his little cert to be a texas inspector so how do we go about doing this with the new equipment?