NHL Team Considers Move to Houston Toyota Center

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 05:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NHL Team Considers Move to Houston Toyota Center

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=6.1.1

Sidney Crosby in Houston would be great. Yes I like Hockey.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's awesome man... I was really hoping OKC or Tulsa would make a good bid but that's out the window now I suppose. I love hockey and it would be great to have an NHL team local(when I get moved back there)
Old 01-23-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Regular

IMO, Houston is not a proper Hockeytown. If people dont come out for Aeros games (where ticket prices are at a fraction of what NHL games are) why would they come for the Penguins? I am sure they would come for the first season, but living in Dallas and seeing a championship team here.... these days they dont even come close to selling out.

On the flip side, you will see more Stars fans than you can shake a stick at should they make the playoffs..... typical fairweather fans.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Toxic Texan
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=6.1.1

Sidney Crosby in Houston would be great. Yes I like Hockey.
I like hockey too. WIsh they would come. I used to play for a highschool league
Old 01-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

Grew up in Canada playing hockey! I would love to have an NHL team here but I have to agree with DSIM. If there is not alot of kids growing up playing the sport if will be hard to make a stable fan base. BUT I hope it happens. I would be going for sure and there is a Star in Crosby and a big name in Mario Lemieux attached to the team. Houston Penguins sounds pretty strange though.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CANTEX
Grew up in Canada playing hockey! I would love to have an NHL team here but I have to agree with DSIM. If there is not alot of kids growing up playing the sport if will be hard to make a stable fan base. BUT I hope it happens. I would be going for sure and there is a Star in Crosby and a big name in Mario Lemieux attached to the team. Houston Penguins sounds pretty strange though.
Ditto. I grew-up in Buffalo and hockey was #1 with my friends. The Sabres are rocking this year, but I've only been to one Aeros game this year. Houston just ain't a hockey town.

Brian
Old 01-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by DSIM
IMO, Houston is not a proper Hockeytown. If people dont come out for Aeros games (where ticket prices are at a fraction of what NHL games are) why would they come for the Penguins? I am sure they would come for the first season, but living in Dallas and seeing a championship team here.... these days they dont even come close to selling out.

On the flip side, you will see more Stars fans than you can shake a stick at should they make the playoffs..... typical fairweather fans.
Dallas wasn't a hockey town either, it took couple years for it to catch on up there. They haven't had a good show of people b/c of the year they took off...and its cost them....yes once dallas makes it back into the play offs the fair-weather fans will come out in force.

I would love to see a team in houston, Crosby would be fun to watch, i dunno if the Penguins would be a good fit down there. Too much heritage in their organization....maybe a franchise though.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i'd have to agree with everyone above. i've been watchin/playin hockey since i was 5. though it has grown here in DFW, Houston is a totally different city/fan base. although stars fans haven't been makin it out to games lately because of all the teams injuries etc. IMO. but after the all-star break we'll get most of our guns back and i don't think they'll finish lower then 5th in the conference. possibly 2nd. just my .2 cents.

on a side note...sidney crosby =
Old 01-23-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am a Star's fan and I made the trip there. Damn Houston vs. Dallas in hockey Mario is meeting with the Houston group this week.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd love for it to happen, but deep down inside.. I don't think it ever will. I hope I'm wrong though!