Old Man inside :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBronco
been "hearing" of a few cars making test hits already. Should be some fun, but I will be out of town AGAIN.
WTF???
Old 01-30-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GS WS6
Don't know what you are talking about. Powell said his wieghed in at 3K......I watched them put the black car on the scales with cj in it was 2920lbs. That is not .2 in the 1/8 but you know everything already, sorry. LOL
You're right. You told me different
Old 01-30-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GS WS6
Should be some pretty good racing. The escalade will be going loaded down to watch Chris in the 280Z and Ronnie........The weather is not looking all that great.
Big difference in body styles of the 280 and 240 stuff. But I figured you knew better..guess not, huh. Maybe I do know something. LOL

Regardless, we are trying to make it with the Turbo Mustang. Just picked up the Turbo yesterday. I know he still needs to make a new outlet tube to the intercooler since he dented it, split it when it blew off the intercooler. If that gets done, I will be out with him on Friday night making some suspension adjustments to go down there. Notice the I.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
WTF???

Work owns me, but work requires that I go to the Daytona 500.

Gray is not complaining....
Old 01-30-2007, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Work owns me, but work requires that I go to the Daytona 500.

Gray is not complaining....
What the hell...Chris F is coming down with us if we make the deadline. If not, ill miss it myself to do some work up here. I could use the money fo sho!
Old 01-30-2007, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

What the hell...Chris F is coming down with us if we make the deadline. If not, ill miss it myself to do some work up here. I could use the money fo sho!
Yep, I leave for Austin on Thursday and will be up there throughout the weekend and a few days the following week.

I am missing out, yet not REALLY missing out. Lots of fast cars, but I am sure I will see it again. I have seen it before, just like you, you know!

**** that sucks to not see some old friends though, last time Frank was here, he had to be in and out to get back to D-town.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

subscribing this thread is hilarious and that motor sure is sweet
Old 01-30-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yep, I leave for Austin on Thursday and will be up there throughout the weekend and a few days the following week.

I am missing out, yet not REALLY missing out. Lots of fast cars, but I am sure I will see it again. I have seen it before, just like you, you know!

**** that sucks to not see some old friends though, last time Frank was here, he had to be in and out to get back to D-town.
I missed last years though. And so far ive made both Cash days up til this one. DFW's and OKC's. Both were a **** ton of fun. Ill have Chris call ya. we are still up in the air. I know hes got some work to be done and I know for sure I do.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GueSS Who
I still don't understand though. The motor in the black car had 3 points less compression, hydrolic roller instead of solid roller, LS6 intake instead of a ported carb style, with 98 LS1 heads, and made all most just as much. I don't see the real gain here. Now if it made 750 or something then that might be something but less then 650 is not enough IMO........... Not to say it is to low but definitely not outstanding by any means. My motor has more CI so I can understand I guess, but you were the one tooting you own horn.

O ya.....I bet it does sound good cause mine sounds bad *** and doesn't sound like an LS1 at all.
AND.......to top it all off..The black car was getting all of that done a year ago, before this engine was even being thought about. BTW, as badass as as the black camaro was, I saw a OKC 'stang pull several lengths on the black car before the smack at Vernon so nobody has the baddest **** in the world in this discussion.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by brady346
AND.......to top it all off..The black car was getting all of that done a year ago, before this engine was even being thought about. BTW, as badass as as the black camaro was, I saw a OKC 'stang pull several lengths on the black car before the smack at Vernon so nobody has the baddest **** in the world in this discussion.
Read up on the new results...724 HP @ 34 degrees of timing...Ignition was hooked up to 16 volts but still issues. MSD was called. Ill post more on that in a few sentences.

Every one claims they make this and that for power but their track numbers dont speak for it. Im not a believer until i see **** with my own eyes. i see alot of blown up parts! I saw this motor make this power and watched the man change jets on the carb to gain an additional 60+ freaking hp.

This isnt the baddest motor to date, but this mother makes mean power FOR A NITROUS Motor N/A. Ignition updates have been posted. MSD is issueing a refund back to Ray. They will have a front mount distributor on it soon. I was skeptical the day when i had met Chris about his work and was the same about Ray. Id heard about Ray when I worked at Kennedale and watched from the starting line all his powered cars go down the track. I have no reason to lie about anything ive posted. These two do some of the best work in the industry. Ray's the baddest carb tuner ive witnessed in quite some time. He says he's the best in the country. I wont disagree with him as Im not much of a carb dude. But his motors sure do sing. Chris works magic with anything he touches and this motor is here to prove it. Making as good as power as some hardcore, big bore N/A ls1's claim to be making. For a small bore motor, its mean. Im excited to say that I was there to witness and help when needed.

For those that are hating, the motor will be in the car in 2 weeks. If you want to run the car its going in to claim the baddest Ls1 in DFW, put your money where your mouth is. Its 3G's a race. These arent my terms, just passing it along. KECHME, GUESS WHO, anyone else with a fast LS1, he said BRING IT! See ya'll at the Gut.

Last edited by V6 Bird; 01-30-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Banned

sounds like he's trying to price himself out of races so he doesn't have to worry about getting owned....just my $.02
Old 01-30-2007, 10:25 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
sounds like he's trying to price himself out of races so he doesn't have to worry about getting owned....just my $.02

I would agree.

I will race for 500 bucks but I just don't have all that much money to throw at a race. I will be racing at the Dale anyway. I went to the belly with the black car and didn't like it. I am not to much of a street racer either so I guess if he wants to race this LS1 he is going to have to come out and race at the dale. That will decide who has the faster car. I know his is a street car and everything but whatever. I don't care if I ever race him. I have been taking my time on this project and I am in no hurry to race anyone at this time.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:46 AM
10 Second Club

I would agree.

I will race for 500 bucks but I just don't have all that much money to throw at a race. I will be racing at the Dale anyway. I went to the belly with the black car and didn't like it. I am not to much of a street racer either so I guess if he wants to race this LS1 he is going to have to come out and race at the dale. That will decide who has the faster car. I know his is a street car and everything but whatever. I don't care if I ever race him. I have been taking my time on this project and I am in no hurry to race anyone at this time.

Hey chumps.... just agree to have both cars N/T it and tell the box to not print slips....... sounds fare to me...... hopefully no one is good with a stop watch. CJ, smart of you to want to keep it off the street. If these cars where in the 5.8-6.2 zone...... I might of been able to play along..... sounds like yall are going for low fives!!! I will stay on the porch for awhile

Seriously Mike.... tell him to build mountains out of hills.... 3 g's is alot.... 500 or 750 is more what fellas around here can afford........ heck I want to setup a 5 bill race when my car hits the street with a certain RPM customer car (doubt it will happen though)..... I wanna see this **** happen this year..... come off the figure.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would agree.

You have your preference of tracks and he has his. He does just fine at the belly. I will throw it out there that you offered 500 to run at dale to see what he says.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
Hey chumps.... just agree to have both cars N/T it and tell the box to not print slips....... sounds fare to me...... hopefully no one is good with a stop watch. CJ, smart of you to want to keep it off the street. If these cars where in the 5.8-6.2 zone...... I might of been able to play along..... sounds like yall are going for low fives!!! I will stay on the porch for awhile

Seriously Mike.... tell him to build mountains out of hills.... 3 g's is alot.... 500 or 750 is more what fellas around here can afford........ heck I want to setup a 5 bill race when my car hits the street with a certain RPM customer car (doubt it will happen though)..... I wanna see this **** happen this year..... come off the figure.
Like I said, its his money and his car. He's spent some money on good parts. So a chump race at Kennedale may not be his cup of tea. Id like to see it go down there myself. Its a safer track for sure.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
Thats purely not the case. This is his slowest car he owns. 4 other drag cars in his stable. If you dont want to race, dont post.

67 Red Camaro with Lil M motor.
69 Camaro with a 555
2 Mustangs
Black TA

His tracks are Yello Belly and HMP. He runs Clobberthon down there. Its a group of 4 investors as a crew. So if you cant play with the big boys, dont play. Thats his words.

Last edited by V6 Bird; 01-31-2007 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:01 AM
TECH Addict

Hey Mike, whats up with your drag car?
Old 01-31-2007, 09:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Parker TX
Hey Mike, whats up with your drag car?
You mean my street car? Its coming along. After off season for the big racers, ill get to start working on my own motor and finish gathering up the parts. The cylinder heads are here, the block and crank are here, just cant do any machine work til they get caught up. Good things happen to those who wait, so im waiting and not complaining.

Whats up with your "drag" car?
Old 01-31-2007, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

You mean my street car? Its coming along. After off season for the big racers, ill get to start working on my own motor and finish gathering up the parts. The cylinder heads are here, the block and crank are here, just cant do any machine work til they get caught up. Good things happen to those who wait, so im waiting and not complaining.

Whats up with your "drag" car?
mikes got a drag car....as in mikes got a car i'm gonna drag down the track.

kiddin'
Old 01-31-2007, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT

5.8-6.2 huh? settin them goals pretty high!!

you've gone from just wanting to run a 6.4 to a 5.8!

better invest the money into a converter if you're going that route.