Colts 29 Bears 17

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Colts 29 Bears 17

Where are all the bears fans now? LoL. I thought it was all over after the first kickoff, lol. But they came back and took it. The colts looked good. Go Colts.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Resident

+1 for the colts
Old 02-05-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was pullin for the bears..lol. but damn where the hell was the defense at?
Old 02-05-2007, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

it was a great game, lots of forced turn arounds, and both teams were being very aggressive. its one of the best super bowls ive seen

edit: GO COLTS!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by osvaldo
it was a great game, lots of forced turn arounds, and both teams were being very aggressive. its one of the best super bowls ive seen

edit: GO COLTS!
force turn arounds? What are those?

Best Super Bowls? You must not have seen very many Super Bowls then. This one was rather lame.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

it seemed like it was all setup for peyton to win!! like i said on the other thread, lets hope the bears defense shows up.. it didnt..
Old 02-05-2007, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

It was a great game and i have seen many superbowls and i think it was one of the best as well, the rain made the game very interesting and thoes big hit to FORCE the fumbles were great.

this game will be one to save on the dvr
Old 02-05-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

It was a good game, but definately not one of the best though. Bears' D was tired as hell. No offense. 3 and out also every time. The D played very good in the 1st half but there was no offense for the Bears. You could probably count the times they got first downs w/ 1 hand. Bears are a good team, but they need to do something about Rex.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

WHERE THE HELL WERE ALL THE FUNNY COMMERCIALS!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Seriously, one of the least entertaining Super Bowls in a long time (not talking about the game, really enjoyed it). The opening ceremony sucked, the commercials sucked, and at halftime I wished someone would have put an ice pick in my brain stem.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hawgs
force turn arounds? What are those?

Best Super Bowls? You must not have seen very many Super Bowls then. This one was rather lame.
well old man, i'm 21, so ive been watching the game since i was maybe 12, so yeah i've only seen 9. but this was one of the best by far, both teams were very aggressive, lots of hard hits, good passes, good runs, over all good game, sorry ur team lost

o and when one player(on D) hits the other player(on O) and causes a fumble, thus the ball possession turns around, forced

dont be a sore loser

+1 on the commercials, they sucked this year
Old 02-05-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

the K-FED commerical was the greatest!!
Old 02-05-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Regular

Good game...commercials sucked..I liked halftime thought prince did a good job (lol he is always a little over the top). Oh and GO COLTS nice win(not a colts fan just hate the bears lol)
Old 02-05-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

well old man, i'm 21, so ive been watching the game since i was maybe 12, so yeah i've only seen 9. but this was one of the best by far, both teams were very aggressive, lots of hard hits, good passes, good runs, over all good game, sorry ur team lost
It wasn't a bad game but it lacked a climatic ending....the last great Super Bowl I saw was 2000 and I have been a Titan fan ever since.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

o and when one player(on D) hits the other player(on O) and causes a fumble, thus the ball possession turns around, forced

dont be a sore loser

+1 on the commercials, they sucked this year
My team didn't lose. I was pulling for the Colts, so I'm not a sore loser. This slopfest of a Super Bowl doesn't compare to the Super Bowls of past... like the example JeffStar gave about Super Bowl 34 or Super Bowl 32 or Super Bowl 36 or Super Bowl 38, just to name a few off the top of my head that were much better. The first half of this one was okay, but other than that it was lackluster at best.

You're talking about forced turnovers.. not forced turn arounds. Forced turn arounds... my wife even knows better than that.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

with da bears defense playing like that in the superbowl, i hope jerry jones doesnt look at that def. coordinator!!
Old 02-05-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Resident

The Defense didn't play that bad guys. Not sure what level of football knowledge you guys have but holding the colts to 2X points with only 90 yards on the offensive side of the ball is not THAT bad (1st half). I wouldn't give the Bears a A or a B but they at least played at a C+ level. The offense was atrocious...it was something horrible to watch. Rex is TERRIBLE he is just TERRIBLE. On 2nd and 1 Fumbling the snap and losing 8 yards is ridiculous but to do it two times in a row is just unreal!!!! I don't care if the center snaps the ball to his own belly button you have to reach down there and GET that ball this is PRO FOOTBALL for christ sake! I played in HS and yes we ran a different offense but I would have been benched in 2 seconds playing like Rex did in that game. It was clear by the 2nd quarter to me that the Bears were going to die a slow death. You know what that game reminded me of? 2004 Red River shootout when OU just suffocated Texas 12-0...I mean the dynamics of the game were vastly different but it had that feeling to it....like watching an anaconda slowly suffocate a bird. For whoever is saying they hope that Dallas does not get the Bear's defensive coordinator doesn't understand A. Football B. What it takes to get to a Superbowl in todays NFL. B. The type of coaching tree he's coming from.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

the bears couldnt tackle, and they couldnt make any stops!! didnt u see how many times they ran right up the gut on da bears and they didnt stop until rhodes or addai got a first down already!! they couldnt stop the colts running backs running the flat to the outside. yeah the offense sucked big time. but the defense was getting there asses handed.. look at the time of possessions.. what does that tell u.. the bears couldnt stop $Hit..

Last edited by TXZ28LS1; 02-05-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Resident

As I said before it's a matter of understanding the game. The offense protects the defense and the defense protects the offense. The offense keeps the defense off the field, giving them time to rest, recoup and regroup. The defense gives the offense good field position and keeps the opposing team from putting points on the board.

I wouldn't say the Bears defense gave a A+ performance but if you don't understand this or not there are sacrifices you have to make when playing against Manning. The Bears couldn't afford to put more then 7 in the box to defend the run and yes after 3 quarters of no run support from your corners and safeties you will start to get gashed for 10 yards a pop. In fact the one play that they dropped a SS into the box they had a blown coverage that went for 6 as Manning got hit by Tank Johnson. The Bears defense gave the offense an opportunity to be in that game all the way up to the 3rd quarter.

as far as your reference to time of possession.....going 3 and out every time your offense has the ball will cause that
Old 02-05-2007, 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

thats true..that offense was doing **** either like we said. but still, thats the superbowl. theres no reason for getting tired or worn the f*ck out or missing tackles.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:00 PM
TECH Resident

LOL, easier said then done but clearly the better team won the game.

Good things to come out of that game.....

2 Black coaches took teams to the Super Bowl
A Black coach has won the NFL Super Bowl
Peyton answered the critics
If you're NOT a bears fan, Rex will be the QB of the Bears next year!