OverSeas Contract Jobs

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OverSeas Contract Jobs

Hello,

I posted this because I see a lot of people talking about it and wanted to see who on here got overseas contract and who they work for. I am looking to getting a job that is overseas for them money and wanted to see who is hiring and the most popular. I know there are some companies that I should stay away from but just wanted peoples input. I am ordering my passport this weekend and fill out applications to just so that when I get the call I am ready to go. I figure I am young and should take advantage of while the money is out there.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

kbr, mantech, general dynamics, datapath are all the people i worked with when i was deployed the latter 3 are communications specific to let you know so you would need a background for those
Old 02-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Camp Speicher, Iraq here... ITT Systems..
Old 02-06-2007, 11:12 AM
TECH Regular

^^^ Like he said, it kindof depends on what you know how to do. Some companies are easier to get jobs with if you have no experience. Take for instance you are a total dumbass. You can still get a job with KBR as a Labor Foreman and bring home 80 a year!

You also have Blackwater and Triple Canopy, both military oriented but have office positions. Then you have others like Perini "GOOD MONEY", ITT "OK money", and KBR.

Take into consideration that as a civilian you have no defense and the sounds of incoming sux! Now if your in the Green Zone, its not so bad but at other camps you are an easier target!

Oh yea, there are a ton of chicks in the Green Zone!
Old 02-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

I'm just fininshing up my 2nd year on contract!!! Thank Fu*kin god... I had a mind numbing experience, with my contractor. The money was alright though! I signed up to be a shooter!!! Ended up doing everything but that... SO BE CAREFUL, get all the facts try to talk to someone that has actually worked with the company your applying with. Please don't let my bad experience leave a bad taste in your mouth, there are sweet contracts out there you just have to find them!
Old 02-06-2007, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

I have an uncle and close family friends that are with itt doing communcations and they getting 125k but the only thing is i don't have miltary exper. or for that matter much experience. I co-worker got an offer to work at one of the post offices makin 90k. so i know of kbr but i heard it hard to get on with them.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Junkie

zachary??? Have a friend thats in CHINA constructing a new embassy i think....
Old 02-06-2007, 12:52 PM
12 Second Club

Any moron can get on with KBR...I bore witness to it when I was laughing at them while they scrambled during attacks.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

I just want to get a nice job where i can make ok money 75k or more while i have no major bills just to get a good headstart. u know.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Launching!

To keep from having to start a new thread, do companies like Black Water and Triple Canopy train? Or do they expect all their contractors to be ex military?
Old 02-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Staging Lane

Most not all (shooters) have some type of military, law enforcement, or goverment equivilant sometimes requiring all three!!! To top notch companies will train you, and will requirer you to meet pyhsical fitness standards and some type of pistol and rifle qual. There is a company that will go un-named for now that, the second you get off the plane you do a physical fitness test, and army standard rifle and pistol qual course. You fail any three back on the plane you get, sorry about your luck!
Old 02-06-2007, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Man so many companies tho but some are shady. I have a friend from highschool making 50k yr and he driving trucks. I just dont want to regret and get screwed
Old 02-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Man some of you guys are crazy or have ***** of steel. I would not want to be anywhere near a combat zone unarmed. Not worth it to me for a few thousand bucks.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

i honestly thought about blackwater if you check out their site they have lots of info but ive heard of a few very bad stories of blackwater f#cking them over....blackwater will train you though that i do know
Old 02-06-2007, 09:50 PM
TECH Regular

Most companies have horror stories to them over here. I have seen many shady things from different people. I think its the environment plus the lack of background checks that companies do on the employees.

KBR is the easiest of them all to get on with. I have seen 400+ pound guys get on with them. Their physical consisted of making me touch my toes and passing a **** test. Not to many of these jobs over here are going to lead into a career unless you make it higher up so just find something easy going and try to find out which camp the company wants to send you to and do some research.

6 more weeks and I am done with year 2. No more for me thanks.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

KBR is probably the worst, or top 3 worst companies out here, that is why I never went on with them. They don't call it kins brothers and relatives for nothing. However they are easy to get on with.

Blackwater, Aegis, AGI, these guys will all train you to some level, but they require a background in the military, and that usually means that at some time you had to be attached to an SOC unit (special operations capable) as an actual trigger puller. Not even a regular grunt can make it on with them without some special training. And Aegis requires The Phoenix course, $5k, out of your pocket.

I work for one of the few non-security based companies (used to be though) that allows employees to carry weapons, actually we are required to since we work in Al Anbar. Because of that requirement, we are all also prior military.

It all depends on your skill set, and then all you have to do is start looking at what companies offer what jobs.

As stated before KBR will hire pretty much anybody, touch your toes and pass the **** test and they'll find you a job somewhere, even if all you do is excort ln's around a camp while they pick up trash.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by edwardswb
Any moron can get on with KBR...I bore witness to it when I was laughing at them while they scrambled during attacks.
haha, that reminded me I have a video back home when I was on camp fallujah of a kbr guy going head first into a scud bunker during a drill!
Old 02-06-2007, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by str8_4rm_dabronx
Man so many companies tho but some are shady. I have a friend from highschool making 50k yr and he driving trucks. I just dont want to regret and get screwed

You can make a lot more than that over here. Most chem plants/ refineries will start you at $60k+ and its common to hear about operators making $100k+

just something to think about, and you're less likely to get kidnapped over here
Old 02-07-2007, 01:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

$50k a year over here seems really low, I think the KBR convoy drivers make around $110k.

You make a good point about the kidnapping too, I think as long as you are not in the green zone your chances go down on that though. Never heard of a guy out in BFE getting kidnapped yet. (knocks on wood)
Old 02-07-2007, 02:51 AM
Banned

does anyone have any contacts with KBR recruiters other then just using their system and submitting application?

Quick Reply: OverSeas Contract Jobs