Anybody want a 07 GT1edition Z06???

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 03:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anybody want a 07 GT1edition Z06???

Just learned were getting a Z33 option limited white 2007 Z06 in a couple of weeks, anybody wanna get it PM me and I'll try and get you the hookup. WARNING:THIS IS GONNA GO OVER STICKER
Old 03-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Didnt Ron Fellows sign everyone of these cars.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Forgive me for being uninformed,
what is the GT1 Edition ?

any pics of this awesomeness ?
Old 03-14-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

nevermind, question answered, thanks google,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ron-F...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 03-14-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

hahaha i saw "buy it now $20,000" and almost jumped to go call my dad to get it

then i read a little more...
Old 03-14-2007, 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
Just learned were getting a Z33 option limited white 2007 Z06 in a couple of weeks, anybody wanna get it PM me and I'll try and get you the hookup. WARNING:THIS IS GONNA GO OVER STICKER
With GM being in the financial condition it's in now I don't see how they can sell anything for over list, just doesn't make any sense. Probably one of the reasons they're going down the tubes.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
With GM being in the financial condition it's in now I don't see how they can sell anything for over list, just doesn't make any sense. Probably one of the reasons they're going down the tubes.
someone will pay it, don't care for the white they used, doesn't flow on this car, black or SOM would be nice, don't care for the stripes either.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by -PEPE-
someone will pay it, don't care for the white they used, doesn't flow on this car, black or SOM would be nice, don't care for the stripes either.
No doubt I think it looks butt ugly just like the new Camaro and wouldn't pay sticker for it or any of GM's quality products these days. GM is clueless, good thing I sold all of my GM stock several years ago, doesn't look good for them.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What you are obviously on the wrong board , but you know what they say opions are like?
Old 03-14-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

He has a point. Think about it, brand new 07 silverados tahoes etc headlights are out. F-bodies are rattle traps and everyone knows it. About the ONLY thing GM has done for itself that haelped them was sell the Z06 reasonably priced. Other than that there quality SUCKS.

+1 for shitty quality. but i still like em anyway.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Interesting car, but who wants to drive a Vette with a Maple leaf on it ??
Old 03-14-2007, 08:04 PM
12 Second Club

GM is doing something right, this is from another forum

GM Posts Net Profit of $950M in 4th Qtr.
Wednesday March 14, 8:48 am ET
By Tom Krisher, AP Business Writer
General Motors Posts Net Profit of $950M in Fourth Quarter Due to Cost Cuts, Higher Revenues DETROIT (AP) -- General Motors Corp. reported a net profit on Wednesday of $950 million for the fourth quarter of 2006 due to cost cuts, higher automotive revenues and a gain on the sale of its finance division.

was a turnaround from a $6.6 billion loss in the same period a year ago
The world's biggest automaker, which is in the midst of a massive overhaul that includes shedding thousands of jobs and closing plants to become more competitive with Asian automakers like Toyota Motor Corp., wound up with a loss of $2 billion for all of 2006 compared with a restated loss of $10.4 billion in 2005.

Chief Financial Officer Fritz Henderson said despite the fourth-quarter profit, no one at GM is declaring victory over the company's financial woes.
He would say only that he expects GM's year-over-year performance to improve in 2007, and he would not predict whether the company would continue to be profitable through the year.
"The objective is to build a successful and profitable enterprise going forward," he told reporters Wednesday morning after the earnings report was released.

The fourth-quarter results included $770 million in special items attributed to the sale of a 51 percent stake in GM's financial arm, General Motors Acceptance Corp. But the Detroit company said it would have made $180 million in the quarter without the GMAC sale proceeds.
Henderson said GM's automotive operations performed better than expected for the quarter with increased revenue in North America due to higher transaction prices and higher sales volumes and revenues overseas.

The company also cut structural costs by $6.8 billion last year due mainly to buyouts and early retirement offers accepted by more than 34,000 hourly workers.
"We still expect to have negative cash flow in 2007," Henderson said.
GM's fourth-quarter profit amounted to $1.68 per share with special items and 32 cents per share excluding the items.
The results excluding items fell short of Wall Street expectations for the quarter. A dozen analysts polled by Thomson Financial predicted earnings of $1.19 per share excluding special items.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

This will sell just because it's a Corvette. It's not another marked up unknown GTO, as there are still 06s still sitting on the lots.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah but gm now offers the 100k warranty now, so it can't be all crap. And lets face it, any body who alters the car like we do from it's original set-up on top of maxing it performance, causes most of the issues at hand.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Texas_TA
GM is doing something right, this is from another forum

GM Posts Net Profit of $950M in 4th Qtr.
Wednesday March 14, 8:48 am ET
By Tom Krisher, AP Business Writer
General Motors Posts Net Profit of $950M in Fourth Quarter Due to Cost Cuts, Higher Revenues DETROIT (AP) -- General Motors Corp. reported a net profit on Wednesday of $950 million for the fourth quarter of 2006 due to cost cuts, higher automotive revenues and a gain on the sale of its finance division.

was a turnaround from a $6.6 billion loss in the same period a year ago
The world's biggest automaker, which is in the midst of a massive overhaul that includes shedding thousands of jobs and closing plants to become more competitive with Asian automakers like Toyota Motor Corp., wound up with a loss of $2 billion for all of 2006 compared with a restated loss of $10.4 billion in 2005.

Chief Financial Officer Fritz Henderson said despite the fourth-quarter profit, no one at GM is declaring victory over the company's financial woes.
He would say only that he expects GM's year-over-year performance to improve in 2007, and he would not predict whether the company would continue to be profitable through the year.
"The objective is to build a successful and profitable enterprise going forward," he told reporters Wednesday morning after the earnings report was released.

The fourth-quarter results included $770 million in special items attributed to the sale of a 51 percent stake in GM's financial arm, General Motors Acceptance Corp. But the Detroit company said it would have made $180 million in the quarter without the GMAC sale proceeds.
Henderson said GM's automotive operations performed better than expected for the quarter with increased revenue in North America due to higher transaction prices and higher sales volumes and revenues overseas.

The company also cut structural costs by $6.8 billion last year due mainly to buyouts and early retirement offers accepted by more than 34,000 hourly workers.
"We still expect to have negative cash flow in 2007," Henderson said.
GM's fourth-quarter profit amounted to $1.68 per share with special items and 32 cents per share excluding the items.
The results excluding items fell short of Wall Street expectations for the quarter. A dozen analysts polled by Thomson Financial predicted earnings of $1.19 per share excluding special items.
That's not what my investment broker at Smith Barney says. For the last couple of years GM has been a high risk investment, at one point I had quite a number of shares. BTW, I have a 99 T/A, 99 Z28 and an 01 Silverado 3500 dually.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:20 PM
12 Second Club

That's not what my investment broker at Smith Barney says. For the last couple of years GM has been a high risk investment, at one point I had quite a number of shares.
oh im not saying that they have been good the whole time just that have at least turned things around and are making a profit now instead of heavy losses
Old 03-14-2007, 11:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1badchicken
yeah but gm now offers the 100k warranty now, so it can't be all crap. And lets face it, any body who alters the car like we do from it's original set-up on top of maxing it performance, causes most of the issues at hand.
GM's bumped up their warranty as a competitive market strategy, it's a good thing but their quality is inferior, just as ford, chrysler and any other domestics we build. The Big-3 are all hurting right now.

back on topic, is this like the 600hp SC Blue Devil? Or it's just a limited production regular Z06 signed with Ron's sig and a new paint color with a few options?

bottom line is the Blue Devil would be my choice...

Last edited by -PEPE-; 03-14-2007 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by -PEPE-
GM's bumped up their warranty as a competitive market strategy, it's a good thing but their quality is inferior, just as ford, chrysler and any other domestics we build. The Big-3 are all hurting right now.

back on topic, is this like the 600hp SC Blue Devil? Or it's just a limited production regular Z06 signed with Ron's sig and a new paint color with a few options?

bottom line is the Blue Devil would be my choice...
I think they are going to call it the Corvette SS, S/C 427 but I could be mistaken.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm pretty sure this one is a standard Z06 with a unique paint job and signature. I got the email about it from the Corvette Museum a while back, just can't remember for sure.

NCM won't let you link the pictures, but here it is:
http://www.corvettemuseum.com/pictur...er-195-640.jpg
Old 03-15-2007, 01:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive ridden in a lot of their newer cars. they have a lot better quality. no more rattling.