Gillespie leaves Aggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Gillespie leaves Aggy

Hope you guys enjoyed this season, because it won't be the same next year. Let's see if ya'll jump off the bandwagon as quickly as ya'll jumped on. Billy Clyde is a great coach and it's good to see him go to a school that actually has a basketball program worth coaching. Good luck to him.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, that my upset some Aggies.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2827764
Old 04-06-2007, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

just saw it on Mike & mike, sucks for the ags
Old 04-06-2007, 09:11 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BADFNZ
Hope you guys enjoyed this season, because it won't be the same next year. Let's see if ya'll jump off the bandwagon as quickly as ya'll jumped on. Billy Clyde is a great coach and it's good to see him go to a school that actually has a basketball program worth coaching. Good luck to him.
i never get into these A&M vs. UT arguements because to me it seems like a bunch of meaningless arguing. But i have to say that the aggies were "a basketball program worth coaching." I dont follow basketball that close but didnt they make it further than UT this year?

And dont worry ya'll dont have to come on here with your stats and **** talking to me.......b/c like i said i dont follow sports close enough to fight back with the same. I'm just stating my opinion from an "outsiders" point of view. It seems like everytime these threads get started they go on and on and on until one of the mods finally lock it. And when you finish reading through all the pages of bickering and arguing you still end up on the same ground as when you started.

But i guess i dont understand.....I dont go to UT or A&M. Some of my family has gone to A&M so when the two teams play thats who i go for. But when they are not playing each other i'm all for UT and A&M. I mean hell.....they are both from Texas!!

On a side note it will be sad to see gillespie go.

Brent
Old 04-06-2007, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think Billy Gillespie is a great coach and deserved to be somewhere other than College Station. Sure, A&M had a great year, but do they have a great program? He'd be stupid to stay at A&M. That'd be like Baylor having a good year in football and Guy Morris turning down a UT job.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

...and the M&A Basketball program quickly rides off into the sunset as quickly as it arrived. Back to another no-name Basketball program.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:22 AM
TECH Resident

Too bad, I bet most Aggies were hoping somebody would come and sway Fran away from the Ags.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jeffstar
Too bad, I bet most Aggies were hoping somebody would come and sway Fran away from the Ags.
LOL, you're right! The wrong coach is leaving.

I seriously feel bad for the Ags, he was a really good coach and he was finally putting A&M on the sports map. There goes the recruiting class...
Old 04-06-2007, 09:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jeffstar
i wish that would have gone down
Old 04-06-2007, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Saw this on OT

Old 04-06-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Kentucky is one of those jobs that most basketball coaches can't resist. They have great fans who don't give a **** about football. Good for Billy, bad for A&M.

Any of you Aggies have a lead on who they're looking to get as a replacement?

-Mike
Old 04-06-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Kentucky is one of those jobs that most basketball coaches can't resist. They have great fans who don't give a **** about football. Good for Billy, bad for A&M.

Any of you Aggies have a lead on who they're looking to get as a replacement?

-Mike

I don't really keep up with basketball that much, but I got this from Texags.com. Hopefully they'll get a coach that will make us look as good as the millions they're spending on out basketball arena additions.

Jamie Dixon...Pitt...76-22
Mark Fox...Nevada
John Pelphrey...South Alabama...60-55
Gregg Marshall...Winthrop...165-78

Just names a few.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

gee.. this sucks to here But hey idk hopefully we can pick up another good coah that will be devoted to the team,

I hope gillespie screws him self next year, And the aggs beatem out in the turny
Old 04-06-2007, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TexZ
I don't really keep up with basketball that much, but I got this from Texags.com. Hopefully they'll get a coach that will make us look as good as the millions they're spending on out basketball arena additions.

Jamie Dixon...Pitt...76-22
Mark Fox...Nevada
John Pelphrey...South Alabama...60-55
Gregg Marshall...Winthrop...165-78

Just names a few.
Jamie Dixon isn't leaving Pitt for freakin' A&M. The next coach will be from some mid-major program looking to use A&M as a stepping stone to a real basketball program.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by alexv6camaro
I hope gillespie screws him self next year, And the aggs beatem out in the turny

LOL!!!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

To bad UT's Barnes was not good enough to be considered. Well he was considered but he was the 3rd choice.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TexZ
but I got this from Texags.com.
now there is a group of people grounded in reality..

It will not be a big name coach ..

names I have heard so far are John Pelphrey, Scott Sutton and pissibly Marshall
Old 04-06-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MrBill97396
To bad UT's Barnes was not good enough to be considered. Well he was considered but he was the 3rd choice.

Lol nice burn dude! He was second choice and already said no though...

Kentucky honed in on Gillispie at the end of a whirlwind Thursday that began with a rebuff from Florida's Billy Donovan and included Texas coach Rick Barnes withdrawing his name from consideration.

Kentucky's clear first choice was Donovan, who would not consider the job until after his Florida Gators won the national title Monday night. Thursday morning, Donovan met with Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley, and the school announced around noon that Donovan would remain in Gainesville.

Later Thursday afternoon, speculation moved to Barnes as Kentucky's top choice. But by early evening he had withdrawn his name, saying he would stay at Texas.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Barnes said if he was'nt the first choice he was not going. He is not going to be the first choice if he was available and Prairie View had an opening. He needs Durant to stay to be succesful. Which I hope Durant stays he is a nice player and classy, he would be showing alot of class if he stays. Maybe helping promote these punk *** future AND1 rejects to learn the game before jumping into the sharks.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MrBill97396
Barnes said if he was'nt the first choice he was not going. He is not going to be the first choice if he was available and Prairie View had an opening. He needs Durant to stay to be succesful. Which I hope Durant stays he is a nice player and classy, he would be showing alot of class if he stays. Maybe helping promote these punk *** future AND1 rejects to learn the game before jumping into the sharks.
He needs Durant to stay to be succeSsful???? LOL

Barnes has been one of the most successful coaches since he came to Texas long ago