Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NickcZ28
Hey Theres doug!! What Up MAn!!
not much normal day at work for me.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Launching!

btw pdan. kechme is probably someone you want to listen to. he knows more about these cars than most people. look at the sticky thread about the top 25 fastest lsx's in texas

#3 kechme 8.73 @ 156
Old 05-09-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Resident

That's all good and well and I can respect guys that pour money into cars for a living to make them drag-strip monsters, but that's not important to me. I've loved fast cars for awhile now. My Camaro was "stock" until end of last year when I started working on it. I put a couple G's into it and I'm satisfied. I'm actually saving so my wife and I can have kids.

I'm sure he could take me off the line, so could you, so could Nick, so could TX_SS, so could etc, etc etc... Big whoop IMO...not important to me.

I'm positive Alan could take Nick...easily from a roll. Maybe not so easy from a dig, but probably in the 1/4, it would happen.

And, you're saying that sux2bu ran a 6.9x in the 1/8 in a stock LS1?? MOTHER PORKING BS! BTW, stock means -EVERYTHING from the factory as is... If he so much as had drag radials on there, that is NOT stock.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pdanrichey
That's all good and well and I can respect guys that pour money into cars for a living to make them drag-strip monsters, but that's not important to me. I've loved fast cars for awhile now. My Camaro was "stock" until end of last year when I started working on it. I put a couple G's into it and I'm satisfied. I'm actually saving so my wife and I can have kids.

I'm sure he could take me off the line, so could you, so could Nick, so could TX_SS, so could etc, etc etc... Big whoop IMO...not important to me.

I'm positive Alan could take Nick...easily from a roll. Maybe not so easy from a dig, but probably in the 1/4, it would happen.

And, you're saying that sux2bu ran a 6.9x in the 1/8 in a stock LS1?? MOTHER PORKING BS! BTW, stock means -EVERYTHING from the factory as is... If he so much as had drag radials on there, that is NOT stock.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Launching!

his car is not stock. its a stock motor. he went like 6.9 with a stock internal motor. factory crank, rods, pistons, cam etc. he has it cammed now and was working on fastest cam only car.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:20 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
ok...
Old 05-09-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by silver01z06
his car is not stock. its a stock motor. he went like 6.9 with a stock internal motor. factory crank, rods, pistons, cam etc. he has it cammed now and was working on fastest cam only car.
Good for him...that's awesome! I'm sure he's very happy with his car. He obviously has the respect of you guys.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow Impessive 500hp?? You are gonna look stupid getting drug down the track by a STOCK *** CAR Et Streets HUH?? That dosent mean **** Anyone can throw Et's on there car That dosent impress me.. As far as me turning around to talk? You and your friends turned into On the border Im not gonna Follow around some Kid Looking for a race, I was leaving the GYM, Im not scared to race you at All, Keep digging yourself a hole here buddy..If I didnt want to race or didnt think I could win, I wouldnt of posted on 2 boards asking who you were and saying I wanted to race...So keep saving for that clutch, maybe sell those ET STREETS that you dont need, and you would be alittle closer!
Get on LS2.com Im blocked on LS1tech at work...Thanks
i know how easy it is to get an automatic car, throw a stall and slicks in there and call everybody out for a dig race anyone can be a monster at the track with an automatic...... i ran my car without the wrapp on the exhaust and it ran 8.5 @ 86 or something like that. i could care less. after that i ran a 7.0 mustang from a roll and made him **** his pants. if i wanted a track car, i would've gotten an automatic my friend. im very know you will drag me out of the whole in the way i sit now. but when i get a clutch, you will be the first to know. then i will turn the boost up a little more and throw a 2 step in there and we'll do your dig race.

you will impress me if you can pull me from a roll. i tell you what, i can only run 1 gear before she says no, i'll run you in 1 gear, if you can pull me before i run out of my 1 gear, you can post up that you beat me. i'll even turn the ac on for you it'll have to be a roll though i'll do a 40 roll in second for me
Old 05-09-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02SSPEWTER
I would really like to see the race, but how much longer do you need to save for your clutch? Also don't be fooled, some PRETTY MUCH stock Ls1's run pretty good. I believe SUX2BU ran like 6.9xx PRETTY MUCH stock
PRETTY much stock ISNT stock. yeah, you could have a completely stock motor, but having a stall,tires, and 4.10's and suspension DOESNT make the car stock

any automatic can do those mods and be a bad *** in the 8th, take that **** to the 1/4 and see what happens, all your power is gone after the 8th.

i DIDNT build my car for a stoplight to stoplight run, thats stupid racing to me. get me on the highway and i'll play
Old 05-09-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99Z28LS1
PRETTY much stock ISNT stock. yeah, you could have a completely stock motor, but having a stall,tires, and suspension DOESNT make the car stock

He never said the car was stock.

You STS guys sure have an inferiority complex going on. Yall are both acting like a couple of douchebags.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

someone came on here calling my car ****...... i bolted on OVER 150rwhp with the STS kit. granted it takes a little longer for boost to come in, but it has more than enough power to outrun another "pretty much stock LS1" when i get my clutch, i will be more than happy to go to the 8th and run this guy and we'll see what happens. i'll even video for you guys

im done internet fighting
Old 05-09-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Addict

i know how easy it is to get an automatic car, throw a stall and slicks in there and call everybody out for a dig race anyone can be a monster at the track with an automatic...... if i wanted a track car, i would've gotten an automatic my friend.
I agree with that statement. So many people on here have fast cars, but are built for different reasons. Personally, I couldnt care less about the dragstrip, thats just me. I enjoy being a menace on the street. Much like many folks on here. You want to put a TH400, stall, and nitrous on your car, its going to be fast. That same car to me is a nightmare around town, you can have that ****.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:40 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

ANYONE can build a top end car. You can take a completley stock camro through on a Squires Turbo and have a top end car.

It takes alot of SKILL to build 1/4 car. In a 1/4 mile the engine is only half the race. The other half is suspension drivetrain and tires.

Who cares about roll raicing? The pros are at the drag strip.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

I like to watch golf on TV, does that make me wrong? No of course not, its not the popluar thing to do, but its an choice of mine. The problem is that you have 95% short changed people that cant afford or dont want to build a purpose built track car. In turn you have these bastard street cars that drive to the track (and wear it like a badge of honor) to run half assed to decent times. You say the "pros" build quarter cars, what are the guys that race the speed challenge, GT series, time attack, etc.......? You cannot label anyone by one standard, especially not when there are so many viable options. Hard to build a quarter car? Not compared to a road car that have an engine, transmission, and brakes that last for 30 minutes +. Quit being narrow minded like so many of these kids.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:02 PM
11 Second Club

i know how easy it is to get an automatic car, throw a stall and slicks in there and call everybody out for a dig race anyone can be a monster at the track with an automatic...... i ran my car without the wrapp on the exhaust and it ran 8.5 @ 86 or something like that. i could care less. after that i ran a 7.0 mustang from a roll and made him **** his pants. if i wanted a track car, i would've gotten an automatic my friend. im very know you will drag me out of the whole in the way i sit now. but when i get a clutch, you will be the first to know. then i will turn the boost up a little more and throw a 2 step in there and we'll do your dig race.

you will impress me if you can pull me from a roll. i tell you what, i can only run 1 gear before she says no, i'll run you in 1 gear, if you can pull me before i run out of my 1 gear, you can post up that you beat me. i'll even turn the ac on for you it'll have to be a roll though i'll do a 40 roll in second for me
For one, This is the first A4 ls1 ive ever had, My m6 cam only trex car ran 7.1x's and would drag your nuts on any roll or or stop...and the bolt on car trapped like 93? But those cars are gone now soooo 40 roll yes in my current car...Thats fine...but get your clutch buddy, I dont want any excuses..When will this be??
Old 05-09-2007, 01:09 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
I like to watch golf on TV, does that make me wrong? No of course not, its not the popluar thing to do, but its an choice of mine. The problem is that you have 95% short changed people that cant afford or dont want to build a purpose built track car. In turn you have these bastard street cars that drive to the track (and wear it like a badge of honor) to run half assed to decent times. You say the "pros" build quarter cars, what are the guys that race the speed challenge, GT series, time attack, etc.......? You cannot label anyone by one standard, especially not when there are so many viable options. Hard to build a quarter car? Not compared to a road car that have an engine, transmission, and brakes that last for 30 minutes +. Quit being narrow minded like so many of these kids.
Fair argument. (you forgot to mention NASCAR!!!) However GT Series also depend on suspension, drivetrain, and tires as well not just the HP.
Still 1/4 takes more skill to build than top end.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

For one, This is the first A4 ls1 ive ever had, My m6 cam only trex car ran 7.1x's and would drag your nuts on any roll or or stop...and the bolt on car trapped like 93? But those cars are gone now soooo 40 roll yes in my current car...Thats fine...but get your clutch buddy, I dont want any excuses..When will this be??
if you wanna go from a dig, i have another buddy with a red Z no, stall, "mostly stock LS1"

then me and you will do a 40 if you want and we'll see what happens.

i could care less how fast your cam only car was and it wouldnt drag my nuts on the highway chump. I HAVE A CAM TOO + TURBO. what do you think your cam only car would've done with a turbo. you are missing the fact that my car is TURBOCHARGED. i didnt put it on there to get beat by a "mostly stock LS1" i trapped 88 with only 2 psi max on the 3 gears i ran with a STOCK clutch foo...... imagine what i would've ran with the full boost little man and a decent clutch. its ok though. i have school til 4pm and anything after that i'll be more than willing to play my friend. i'll send you a PM with my phone number and we'll set this up.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HTX
Fair argument. (you forgot to mention NASCAR!!!) However GT Series also depend on suspension, drivetrain, and tires as well not just the HP.
Still 1/4 takes more skill to build than top end.
i agree with the both of you. very intelligent people on LS1tech no doubt. but not everyone wants a 9 sec 1/4 car. i dont want my car to do that. i wanna be able to pick on those cars when they come out of the track and see what they have in the streets. the track is too good of a set up. you dont have a burnout box made to sticky up your tires on the street and the street hasnt had 5000 dragsters making the strip nice and sticky for ultimate traction. my car RAN shitty on the 8th, but ran like a true champ on the street

its sad to see how many people dis the STS set up, it was like 1 of the 1st things NickcZ28 said...... it doesnt matter where the turbo is at, its the fact that it is turbo...... TRT had a 408 SS truck with a T70 that ran 7.3 with a 1.35 60' in a f'ing 6k pound truck......
Old 05-09-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by silver01z06
sux2bu did run that fast with a stock motor. he is cammed now. i have raced both cars now and i can say sux2bu would smash you from a stop and still pull you from a roll. why do i know? because the car pulled me pretty good one day going up 360.
What did my lil O 2001 cam only z06 do to ya Doug?
Granted you did have about 150-200 lbs on me though.

<<< big guy that hangs with Jeremy and Natasha...
Old 05-09-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

cool.....