Texas DOT to Install Speed Cameras

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007 | 09:24 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Splitz
#1 I am not from the Uk, I lived there for 5 years while serving in the USAF.

#2 THEY have them, and it was fought tooth and nail like ya'll are tying to do over here, so, we can use the Red Light Camera's as an example. They are here to stay.

It's coming.....and the "public" probably can't do anything about it.

And I seriously doubt that TxDot would make the camera's 1 MPH sensetitve. That was just the CAPABILITIES of the unit of what it COULD do, it wouldn't be prudent for TXDot to make it like that. I think 10 MPH + would be a good starting point. If they did that, it would overload traffic court with people bitching about "But, I wasn't going THAT fast on purpose your honor!".

I'll say it again, PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS!
Well just cause they fought and lost doesn't mean we shouldn't try. Like you said earlier if you don't vote don't bitch same goes if you don't say anything it's just as good as saying it's OK!
I'll say it again, PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS![/
That goes for life and I don't need the goevernment to tell me the way THEY THINK I SHOULD LIVE IT! They are already in it too much IMO and my wallet and it appears to be that they might be getting into that a little more too. I didn't say they are going to give you a ticket for 1MPH but according to you I would be just as guilty if so and is they didn't give that guy a ticket then why should I get one. That is where a person/officer can acctually help you in instances like this. This will be just like proposition 13 that the insurace co. pushed so hard for "It will lower your insurance cost etc..." LIARS mine has done nothing but go up and hell I don't even use it very offten.
Old 06-12-2007 | 10:31 PM
Mustang Moderator

Just curious...would a .50 cal round be able to take out one of these cameras?????
Old 06-12-2007 | 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1 KLR
Just curious...would a .50 cal round be able to take out one of these cameras?????
Only one way to find out...
Old 06-12-2007 | 11:03 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LS1 KLR
Got a .50 cal? Lets go find out LOL!
Old 06-13-2007 | 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mike96z
Bullshit, its a money game, + if you want the BIG PICTURE it will take away the jobs for the police, even though I hate them its true, just beacause they are starting with highways, doesnt mean they wont go to the city streets. Its all bullshit, the only people that like the government IS THE GOVERNMENT.
Let me guess... you're 16 and sing "F* da Police" on your way to school every day...

Your hatred for the government is a joke... the money that they're taking in goes to pay for our schools, the roads we drive on, and the police that protect us from rapists and murders - so sure, part of it is a money game...

On the other hand, we could go live in your world where there are no cops, everyones fends for themselves, and the roads are nothing more then dirt trails... that'd be great for our cars...
Old 06-13-2007 | 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black_Tx_WS6
Let me guess... you're 16 and sing "F* da Police" on your way to school every day...

Your hatred for the government is a joke... the money that they're taking in goes to pay for our schools, the roads we drive on, and the police that protect us from rapists and murders - so sure, part of it is a money game...

On the other hand, we could go live in your world where there are no cops, everyones fends for themselves, and the roads are nothing more then dirt trails... that'd be great for our cars...
Well, at least, somebody somewhat agrees with me about life!
Old 06-13-2007 | 11:41 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Well, at least, somebody somewhat agrees with me about life!
Well I think he is saying we need police and a govenrment that our tax dollars go towards paying for such as schools etc..., and that we all agree on well atleast I think we all do LOL! Just don't agree with how it is being delt with right now by a Large majority of our government etc... And that goes for the outragous school taxes we are paying for. I think we need to get back to the basics. Just like the federal deficit. we should have had that paid off a long time ago, but that wouldn't back up there we need more money attitude they need reasons to keep hitting us in the pocket book and they keep doing it just like this camera BS. Good talking with you.
Jeff
Old 06-14-2007 | 08:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

One big difference with the UK is that likely few citizens have .50 caliber rifles that need their scopes calibrated at 300 yards. Have you seen what it takes to get a gun - just for hunting - over there? The police come to your house and inspect your gun storage area, and then inspect whenever your firearms license comes up for renewal.

I think Rick Perry is one of the crookedest shills in this state. And TXDOT is in his back pocket (or is that vice-versa?). Look at his One Hundred BILLION dollar Trans Texas Corridor project. The great land grab. We don't need it. We don't want it. But he and TXDOT do.

This is only about generating revenue for TXDOT. It has nothing to do with safety or the police. They should just leave that stretch of road to DPS. DPS patrols Highway 6 near CS like crazy anyway. Every Aggie knows that.
Old 06-14-2007 | 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

someone in this thread should become a damn cop. wat the hell
Old 06-14-2007 | 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

and if you ask me, the government has more than enough money, they arent even spending it on the rite ****,plus they just wanna get an excuse to catch more people speeding and ****, its not good, it violates so many laws, but they break them newayz so who gives a ****, i do hate the government and police, depends on how many times you have been harrased by police for bullshit to change your perception of them. Like this ******* bridge they are building, **** is gay.
Old 06-14-2007 | 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mike96z
and if you ask me, the government has more than enough money, they arent even spending it on the rite ****,plus they just wanna get an excuse to catch more people speeding and ****, its not good, it violates so many laws, but they break them newayz so who gives a ****, i do hate the government and police, depends on how many times you have been harrased by police for bullshit to change your perception of them. Like this ******* bridge they are building, **** is gay.
Learning how to spell correctly (rite vs right) would probably go a long way in helping others sympathize with your point of view. As of now, you look like an uneducated tool who thinks the cops are out to get him...

Last edited by Black_Tx_WS6; 06-14-2007 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-14-2007 | 10:12 AM
TECH Regular

It's coming.....and the "public" probably can't do anything about it.
Bullshit. I will be making a little roll up door to cover my license plate, now what? I mean, there are weapons right now against police radars, so now instead of an obvious cruiser, they are using cameras. Chickenshit? Yes.

Law Enforcement has gone from "Protect & Serve" to "Harass & Exploit" for some people. I am cool with officers and respect their profession, they have a job to do and laws to enforce. Unfortunately, these cameras are part of it.

Last edited by BlackHoleSunSS; 06-14-2007 at 10:18 AM.