Thanks for nothing HPE

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for nothing HPE

[RANT]So as some of you may know, Ive begun tearing my car down to get ready for the turbo thats been sitting in my garage for the last couple of months. While pulling my old cam (HPE "S" cam) that I had installed in a complete package deal from HPE, I noticed on the back that it had markings that identified itself and a Majic stick 3 from TSP. This was a shock to me as I thought the guys at that shop knew what they were doing and thought they could atleast spec a cam, but as it turns out their cashing in on someone elses R&D. If I wanted a MS3 I would have just called up TSP myslef and ordered it. On top of that when everything was first installed and had "chucks famous tuning" I was told the car broke 400 to the wheels. I later got a better tune to take care of numerous drivability issues I was having and in better weather conditions the car struggled to make 380. I know these may seem like small things, but with the amount of money I spent with this shop (2 cam installs, tuning, all bolt ons, and more) I didnt expect to be lied to. Its shops like this thats driven me to working on my own car.[/RANT]
Old 06-20-2007, 04:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
[RANT]So as some of you may know, Ive begun tearing my car down to get ready for the turbo thats been sitting in my garage for the last couple of months. While pulling my old cam (HPE "S" cam) that I had installed in a complete package deal from HPE, I noticed on the back that it had markings that identified itself and a Majic stick 3 from TSP. This was a shock to me as I thought the guys at that shop knew what they were doing and thought they could atleast spec a cam, but as it turns out their cashing in on someone elses R&D. If I wanted a MS3 I would have just called up TSP myslef and ordered it. On top of that when everything was first installed and had "chucks famous tuning" I was told the car broke 400 to the wheels. I later got a better tune to take care of numerous drivability issues I was having and in better weather conditions the car struggled to make 380. I know these may seem like small things, but with the amount of money I spent with this shop (2 cam installs, tuning, all bolt ons, and more) I didnt expect to be lied to. Its shops like this thats driven me to working on my own car.[/RANT]
Sounds like a shady way of business was done. I'd like to see what type of response you get on this one. I personally doubt you get any type of solid answer. If this is the case, you definitely deserve an explanation.

Last edited by OldBlue; 06-21-2007 at 02:02 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dam!! thats a bunch of BS!!!!! Thats fukc up, why would they install a MS3 and pass it off as a S cam?? WOW!!!!!! Wonder what else has happend their in the past???
Old 06-20-2007, 04:44 PM

This should be interesting...
Old 06-20-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

IBTL
Old 06-20-2007, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[RANT][B] I know these may seem like small things, but with the amount of money I spent with this shop (2 cam installs, tuning, all bolt ons, and more) I didnt expect to be lied to. Its shops like this thats driven me to working on my own car.[B][/RANT]
I would say those are big ******* issues!!! They made a huge deal out of the "HPE S CAM" ha well thats laughable now. As far as the pwr number bs I would be very pissed about that as well for several reasons... For one it was a bold face lie, two thats just bad business and, three my LS6 CAM car made over 400rwhp and was a dream to drive...

Thomas
Old 06-20-2007, 04:47 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

I am lucky with the shop I have working on my car. They are good & do a good job & at a fair price. But had I given my shop that kind of money to find out they has mislead me. I would be extremelly hurt & upset & would take my buisness somewhere else.

There are other shops out there & shops who care about their customers. Give SQR a call. Simple Quick Racing ******DO NOT POST ANY NON-SPONSOR CONTACT INFO!!!! Plus they're in Dallas, give me a break! ******

Last edited by CRAGER; 06-21-2007 at 04:43 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry to hear about that man. I'd be pissed with 380 to the ground personally with any decent sized cam at all and poor drivability!

GL getting an answer, doubt there will be much of a good one.

William
Old 06-20-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Question

HAVE U TALKED TO THEM..maybe there is some reason..????
Old 06-20-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Pay $700 (?) for "HPE S Cam" kit and get used MS3 cam laying in the corner...make for higher profit...

That's BS.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Damn Izzy that's some crazy **** there. I hope everything works out for you man.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Sucks to hear that Thats why I stick with doing my own work cause you never know who you can trust. Do you still have that ms3?
Old 06-20-2007, 05:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
HAVE U TALKED TO THEM..maybe there is some reason..????
Other than HE WAS LIED TOO AND THERE IS NEVER A GOOD REASON TO LIE TO SOMEONE YOU DO BUSINESS WITH!!!! I sure there is a reason, but would you believe what they say... Well I sure as hell wouldnt. I have been doing business with G-Force since before they were G-Force and were in the back of Mark Hairston's house. Never once have I gotten a product that was not what they said it would be, and never once have I been BSed about pwr numbers.

In this case like many others I believe Occam's razor will apply. If you think you have been fucked and all the info states you have been fucked THEN YOU HAVE BEEN FUCKED!

Thomas
Old 06-20-2007, 05:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by 1LSWON
Other than HE WAS LIED TOO AND THERE IS NEVER A GOOD REASON TO LIE TO SOMEONE YOU DO BUSINESS WITH!!!! I sure there is a reason, but would you believe what they say... Well I sure as hell wouldnt. I have been doing business with G-Force since before they were G-Force and were in the back of Mark Hairston's house. Never once have I gotten a product that was not what they said it would be, and never once have I been BSed about pwr numbers.

In this case like many others I believe Occam's razor will apply. If you think you have been fucked and all the info states you have been fucked THEN YOU HAVE BEEN FUCKED!

Thomas
Take it EASY... Was just typing out loud...
Old 06-20-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

as far as power i never really cared because the car ran a 11.71 at the track(i love my auto) lol, but when i saw that on my cam i was like "i hope this is a coincidence because alot "S" cam owners who are wondering if they go what they paid for. if there was a reason it shouldnt have been that hard to give me a call and let me know what happened.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:18 PM
11 Second Club

as far as power i never really cared because the car ran a 11.71 at the track(i love my auto) lol, but when i saw that on my cam i was like "i hope this is a coincidence because alot "S" cam owners who are wondering if they go what they paid for. if there was a reason it shouldnt have been that hard to give me a call and let me know what happened.
I suggest you go up to O'l HPE with your itemized receipt, your MG3 and ask for this "S CAM" and see what they preduce... Then ask for all of your money back even the labor. All of the labor was installing something that you did not buy, and was deceitfully sold to you.

What it ran is neither here nore there, but the fact that you were lied to is very valid.

Thomas
Old 06-20-2007, 05:25 PM
12 Second Club

wow ismael thats some fucked up ****...i remember back in the day when i saw u there at HPE u were like yeah my "s" cam is the ****....looks like you had the magic stick all along....sucks that they lied to you.....its expected from that guy chuck, and remember he said your intake was cracked and it wasnt, haha u were shitting bricks....well it goes to show what kind of show they run....go over there with your dad,since your dad looks pretty aggressive and tell them off....show him ***RACIST COMMENT REMOVED!!!*** dont play that ****...haha j/k

Last edited by CRAGER; 06-21-2007 at 04:46 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats exactly why i do EVERYTHING to my own car. this seems to be a common type of thing that in some way or another all speed shops have in common. i have yet to see a speed shop that everyone talks so highly about impress me. not trying to bash anyone but that is how i feel about it. tuning thats about a joke to me if a shop spends an hr if that and say that the tune is complete. it takes days and days of logging to get driveabilty decent and for a tune to be complete. thats just the way i look at it.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SUTTERERMAN85
thats exactly why i do EVERYTHING to my own car. this seems to be a common type of thing that in some way or another all speed shops have in common. i have yet to see a speed shop that everyone talks so highly about impress me. not trying to bash anyone but that is how i feel about it. tuning thats about a joke to me if a shop spends an hr if that and say that the tune is complete. it takes days and days of logging to get driveabilty decent and for a tune to be complete. thats just the way i look at it.
yep and you are right for the most part, but Mike Whitehouse has prob tuned my car about 10 different times on the same set up I currently have just adjusting little things to make me happier. G-Force sure has made me a very happy customer because I can be a real OCD ******* when it comes to my cars performance. Good shops are hard to find thats why when you do find one you stay with them. G-FORCE is A+ in my book and the only shop I would trust to do any of my work. Also I will add this is not only because I have a big motor, 12 bolt, susp, and anything else you can think of. They treat the $5.00 spender the same as the $20,000.00 spender. They do everything by the book and REFUSE to cut corners, and REFUSE to substitute quantity over quality!!!

Thomas
Old 06-20-2007, 06:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1LSWON
I would say those are big ******* issues!!! They made a huge deal out of the "HPE S CAM" ha well thats laughable now. As far as the pwr number bs I would be very pissed about that as well for several reasons... For one it was a bold face lie, two thats just bad business and, three my LS6 CAM car made over 400rwhp and was a dream to drive...

Thomas
I thought Erik from HKE created the S-Cam specs...... is so I am sure it is a good cam!

Quick Reply: Thanks for nothing HPE