So.. our cars are increasing in value...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 02:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So.. our cars are increasing in value...

Went to the auction this week in GP and i saw 2 T/As one was a 99 and the other was an 02. one ram air and one non.. so the auctioneer says that they both have over 115k miles on them. im thinkin they might get 6 or 7 grand..

Boy was i wrong. the prices on both went for 10.5k FOR WHOLESALE!! and i can imagine the dealers tacking on another 2 to 3 grand! i was thinkin oh **** thats a big hike from what they were goin for last year. last year they went for 5-7 if they had over 100k miles.

Just thought id give the heads up our cars are no where near losing value.

did i mention they were both bone stock?
Old 08-19-2007, 02:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

damn thats nice............. sucks for the person buying those cars from the dealer.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

be the opposite when the new camaro comes out
Old 08-19-2007, 06:34 AM
On The Tree

Default them action cars

was that 02 a black ttop? with the chrome wheels? lol

I'll be sick if it was that was mine ahha
Old 08-19-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Yep...so long as they're stock

I found that out when I bought my LT1 earlier this year. High miles, modded LT's were relatively cheap and you can find them anywhere. But I wanted a completely stock, low miles one and I paid extra for it and I had to travel to get it. I've still been following the prices on the Internet and they are still running about 10k for a good condition stock LT1. IMO, stockers are getting more rare by the year.

Think about it...if you can find a stock 68 Camaro, it'd go for a lot more than a tubed out, gutted one from the same year.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:07 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Yea, the buyers at a auction dont give a **** about mods. Unless it is somone like us, the cars might sit for a while before they get sold, or somone that doesnt know what they are worth will buy thm.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

i would think that our 98-02 ls1 cars would increase in value due to the new camaro coming out?
Old 08-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Staging Lane

I was at the Hobby Auto Auction and I saw a 2002 ss 6 speed with 40,000 on it go for 16.9K.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

T/As, Formulas, Firehawks will probably increase their value, camaros I bet not soo much w/ the new one will come out late next year.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

this is misleading at best, I go to several auctions and you can't use that alone as justification, alot of time buyers buy off of emotion at auctions, there could of been several reasons why they sold for what they sold for, but that does not mean the values are going up, I'm not trying to start a pissing match but these cars will continue to drop in price until they get around 20 years old, there is always exceptions to the rule. Just last month the very last Firehawk ever made sold on ebay for less than 16k and thats more than a 50% reduction in price from new, so to say they are increasing in value is wrong.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02 WS-6
this is misleading at best, I go to several auctions and you can't use that alone as justification, alot of time buyers buy off of emotion at auctions, there could of been several reasons why they sold for what they sold for, but that does not mean the values are going up, I'm not trying to start a pissing match but these cars will continue to drop in price until they get around 20 years old, there is always exceptions to the rule. Just last month the very last Firehawk ever made sold on ebay for less than 16k and thats more than a 50% reduction in price from new, so to say they are increasing in value is wrong.

ok buddy, , I go to 3 auctions every week. And from what I am personally seeing, the values are going up from last year. And ls1s are continuing to increase in price. Alothough i will admit a trans am will go higher then a camaro. And its going to take 20 years for the price of our cars to go up?? honestly man, you cant sit here and feed me that crap. a year ago i bought my car and since then the same exact car with more miles on it is going for higher in autotrader, and in the auctions.

And if the prices of our cars continue to drop... then why am i not seeing this? I notice 98+ V6 firebirds are going for alot too and they are hard to find at that. your ebay comment is irrelivant.

and if you seriously went to auctions you would see this, unless you go to crap auctions. then i understand.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Yea, the buyers at a auction dont give a **** about mods. Unless it is somone like us, the cars might sit for a while before they get sold, or somone that doesnt know what they are worth will buy thm.

^^ that is correct. dealers do not care about mods. i saw a brand new H2 with 100k worth of **** done to it. wheels, high quality sound system etc etc. loll it went for 31 grand
Old 08-19-2007, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
ok buddy, , I go to 3 auctions every week. And from what I am personally seeing, the values are going up from last year. And ls1s are continuing to increase in price. Alothough i will admit a trans am will go higher then a camaro. And its going to take 20 years for the price of our cars to go up?? honestly man, you cant sit here and feed me that crap. a year ago i bought my car and since then the same exact car with more miles on it is going for higher in autotrader, and in the auctions.

And if the prices of our cars continue to drop... then why am i not seeing this? I notice 98+ V6 firebirds are going for alot too and they are hard to find at that. your ebay comment is irrelivant.

and if you seriously went to auctions you would see this, unless you go to crap auctions. then i understand.
Yea your right, these cars are increasing in value, list yours here for sale I bet people will be knocking your door down just to buy it, they are rare too I bet you could get 45k for it
Old 08-19-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Yea your right, these cars are increasing in value, list yours here for sale I bet people will be knocking your door down just to buy it, they are rare too I bet you could get 45k for it
Old 08-19-2007, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

In My Mind The Value Is Increasing
Old 08-19-2007, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

who pissed in your cheerios this morning? and hey im sorry your oblivious to the fact that they are increasing. and selling a car at retail price gets alot more then just privately selling it.. there are plenty of stupid people that over pay everyday.

I had a hispanic guy and his wife offer me 9.5 grand for my car 3 months ago. told him it wasnt for sale..
Old 08-19-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
who pissed in your cheerios this morning? and hey im sorry your oblivious to the fact that they are increasing. and selling a car at retail price gets alot more then just privately selling it.. there are plenty of stupid people that over pay everyday.

I had a hispanic guy and his wife offer me 9.5 grand for my car 3 months ago. told him it wasnt for sale..
Dude I agreed with you, I was wrong, these cars are going up it's crazy just look at the for sale section, they can't keep vehicles on it.

Look I said that I didn't want to get into a pissing match, you made a comment about these cars increasing in value based on some auction, and I just added my 2 cents. A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and I'm sorry if you think that you can buy mass produced car, and drive it a few years and it will increase in value.

your car on the other hand is rare, and I think you should sell now and pockect the profit that you make off of it
Old 08-19-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i think he means they are going up from what they were down to a year or two ago. ive noticed lately that six speed t/a's and formulas have been going for over 10 grand if they are well taken care of. mods only seem to decrease the buyers intrest, as the stock ones sell fast
Old 08-19-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
i think he means they are going up from what they were down to a year or two ago. ive noticed lately that six speed t/a's and formulas have been going for over 10 grand if they are well taken care of. mods only seem to decrease the buyers intrest, as the stock ones sell fast

^^ thank you

dunno why you gotta be so sarcastic 02 ws6, grow up man.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seeing how I've been looking for a killer deal on a WS6 (or any great deal on a 98-02 F-body) for a while now, I have noticed that the average value has gone up 2-3 grand in the last 8 months alone on LS1 F-bodies. Now this is comparing prices I've found on Autotrader and CarMax.