Police chase on Westheimer last night...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police chase on Westheimer last night...

Just wondered if anyone was out there and what you thought of the idiot running like that thru the parking lot. Yes, before you ask I am a police officer. The worst part about the whole thing was that I was only going to tell him to go home and if he was going to act like an *** to please not come back.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by y2k2z28
Just wondered if anyone was out there and what you thought of the idiot running like that thru the parking lot. Yes, before you ask I am a police officer. The worst part about the whole thing was that I was only going to tell him to go home and if he was going to act like an *** to please not come back.

Was he on foot or in a car?? How was he acting like and ***?? Some ppl just suck at life !!! I have found that cops are cool with us just hanging out untill dumbazz ppl start putting ppl in danger
Old 08-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

found this vid i think it was of that

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c...8f0032445b.htm
Old 08-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Teching In

He was going around in circles really fast trying to catch his tail. Then when he saw me he took off thru the crowd and cars. Once on Westheimer, he turned into a neighborhood and was doing over 90. It was comical since he could not drive. everytime he hit a bump the car fishtailed and then when he took a corner to fast he spun out. I have found in the 120+ chases I have been in that as long as they are turning it wont last long and it makes it real easy for that big heavy 4.6 L crown vic to keep up.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Launching!

Get'em D!
Old 08-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Launching!

wen i got there there was still a cop and a white truck sitting in that same spot but i think it was a completely different scene, but why in the heck would he have gone to the meet? maybe to blend in or somthing?
Old 08-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TA adam
wen i got there there was still a cop and a white truck sitting in that same spot but i think it was a completely different scene, but why in the heck would he have gone to the meet? maybe to blend in or somthing?
That was me talking to the guy in the white truck. One of my officers transported him for me and the car was towed. It started in the parking lot and we came back to make sure he had not hit anything after he spun out.

Saw the video and it was after I brought him back. I was hoping someone got us driving thru the parking lot. But hey, I made it to streetfire and was not even racing my car.

G, you have got to come ride one Saturday. Call me and we will set it up. If you want to bring someone I can get some else for them to ride with.

Last edited by y2k2z28; 08-19-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Launching!

My Brother Inlaw is HPD...And My Father Inlaw was the Driving Instructor at the Academy for awhile also...I always wanted to Ride along....Or Drive the "Bad Boy" car at the academy...lol
Old 08-19-2007, 03:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Take 2
My Brother Inlaw is HPD...And My Father Inlaw was the Driving Instructor at the Academy for awhile also...I always wanted to Ride along....Or Drive the "Bad Boy" car at the academy...lol
Tell them you want to ride. We stopped for a while after 9-11 but have started doing it again. I think its a great way for the general public to see what it is we deal with on a daily basis. It will give you a different perspective.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Launching!

Tell them you want to ride. We stopped for a while after 9-11 but have started doing it again. I think its a great way for the general public to see what it is we deal with on a daily basis. It will give you a different perspective.
Where do I sign up?
Old 08-19-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you want to bring someone I can get some else for them to ride with.
We need more cops like this in Fort Worth!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Launching!

My Father inlaw has retired and My brother inlaw is not on the Streets anymore.....I mean he is But rolls an unmarked I think...My Brother is a cool *** cat and trust me I have nothing but respect for Cops after hearing the Storys..

Last edited by Take 2; 08-20-2007 at 04:07 AM.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:16 PM
12 Second Club

i saw tat vid this morning
Old 08-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Teching In

I have never ran into a cool hpd or harris county cop they always **** with me. I was coming home the other day and got pulled over by hpd on northpark. he told me he pulled me over b/c he couldnt see my front licen plat, so i knew he could see it, so he went ahead and ask for all the info. Thin he asked me to crank up my car so i did so he asked me why my car is missing, i just looked at him and thought he was joking and i said i have a cam, thin he said thats eligal. He walked to the back of my car and said revie it up so i did only to 3000, he came back and said its too loud.

I have 1 7/8 kooks headers with 3" kooks y pipe with high flow cats, and magnaflow cat back. I told him that it was 50 state legal and he said he didnt care, so i got a ticket for noise palition from the exust. And was just a dick the whole time so i relly dont care to much for the cops around here they are always seting up speed traps and will pull you over for 5 mph over and give you so much ****. PS(i know i cant spell to good so you dont have to tell me)
Old 08-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by o2redws6
I have never ran into a cool hpd or harris county cop they always **** with me. I was coming home the other day and got pulled over by hpd on northpark. he told me he pulled me over b/c he couldnt see my front licen plat, so i knew he could see it, so he went ahead and ask for all the info. Thin he asked me to crank up my car so i did so he asked me why my car is missing, i just looked at him and thought he was joking and i said i have a cam, thin he said thats eligal. He walked to the back of my car and said revie it up so i did only to 3000, he came back and said its too loud.

I have 1 7/8 kooks headers with 3" kooks y pipe with high flow cats, and magnaflow cat back. I told him that it was 50 state legal and he said he didnt care, so i got a ticket for noise palition from the exust. And was just a dick the whole time so i relly dont care to much for the cops around here they are always seting up speed traps and will pull you over for 5 mph over and give you so much ****. PS(i know i cant spell to good so you dont have to tell me)
Sorry that you have had such bad experiences with the police. The fact of the matter is there are unfriendly, rude and just down right but heads that work in every line of work. It's just that when you run into one in police work they really ruin your day. Being an officer I to have been pulled over by these types of people and it is not fun.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Sorry that you have had such bad experiences with the police. The fact of the matter is there are unfriendly, rude and just down right but heads that work in every line of work. It's just that when you run into one in police work they really ruin your day. Being an officer I to have been pulled over by these types of people and it is not fun.
QFT. there are cool cops, and there are the ********* that got into it just to have a power trip, but you can't generalize everybody by the actions of some. most of the cops i have dealt with have been real ********, but there are truly some that became a police officer for the right reasons, and those are the ones that have my respect
Old 08-19-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

theres no sound..........??
Old 08-20-2007, 12:22 AM
Launching!

yep got pulled over in a 40 in 35 got a ticket then got pulled over for 54 in a 35 and got a warning that guy was nice but the other was an idiot
Old 08-20-2007, 01:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

y2k2z28,

i was there, i saw it all, you almost hit my GTO which scared me (right before you left the parking lot) but it was all gravy. congrats on getting that bastard. every time we are there, we have to yell at those stupid kids who do that crap to go home and have confronted several of them to stop being stupid trying to ruin a good meet.

i didnt hear what was said over the loud speaker though as the applause was too loud. do you recall what you said?

im really sorry it had to lead into a neighborhood, but thank you for getting him off the street and out of our meet. making an example of him was also great. hopefully it will stop the stupid people for atleast a little while.

thank you for being out here in houston and doing the job you do, and not being a dick while doing it. i really appreciate the work you are doing and the way you are doing it.

its amazing that he turned a simple warning into a felony evasion + whatever else he got tagged with.

again thank you.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dan95gst
y2k2z28,

i was there, i saw it all, you almost hit my GTO which scared me (right before you left the parking lot) but it was all gravy. congrats on getting that bastard. every time we are there, we have to yell at those stupid kids who do that crap to go home and have confronted several of them to stop being stupid trying to ruin a good meet.

i didnt hear what was said over the loud speaker though as the applause was too loud. do you recall what you said?

im really sorry it had to lead into a neighborhood, but thank you for getting him off the street and out of our meet. making an example of him was also great. hopefully it will stop the stupid people for atleast a little while.

thank you for being out here in houston and doing the job you do, and not being a dick while doing it. i really appreciate the work you are doing and the way you are doing it.

its amazing that he turned a simple warning into a felony evasion + whatever else he got tagged with.

again thank you.

I dont remember exactly what I said, but it was something like I did not come back to run people off. I was just back to make sure he did not hit anyone.
I am as suprised as everyone that he did not hit someone.
I have been going by the lot for a few weeks and this was the first incident that I witnesses...

Quick Reply: Police chase on Westheimer last night...