WTB: English Bulldog

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 11:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTB: English Bulldog

I am looking for a purebred English Bulldog in the Houston area. All the ones I see online are WAY WAY too much, like $2000 and ****. If anybody knows any breeders or any for adoption for a good reasonable price let me know.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://search.petfinder.com/search/s...n=Houston%2Ctx
Old 08-31-2007, 12:04 PM
10 Second Club

well they are also in the paper starting at 1200 and up
Old 08-31-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SILVER SS 00
well they are also in the paper starting at 1200 and up

**** those people
Old 08-31-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
**** those people
Dude you such a ******* hater..What is it you have against people who breed?Adoption isn't for everyone you know..For those that do thats great ,but you sound like a dumb *** for condemning people that sell dogs..
$1200 for a high bred bull dog isn't bad at all...
Old 08-31-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Junkie

$2k isn't much for an English bulldog, trust me you do not want to get just any English bulldog they have tons of health issues already so with that said get one with a good bloodline and do your research.

I've seen them starting price at $1200 up to 6k. Cool dog's IMO

B
Old 08-31-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Strini SS
$2k isn't much for an English bulldog, trust me you do not want to get just any English bulldog they have tons of health issues already so with that said get one with a good bloodline and do your research.

I've seen them starting price at $1200 up to 6k. Cool dog's IMO

B
1200-1500 is a good deal
Old 08-31-2007, 03:37 PM
Launching!

I have to agree as I am a Bulldog owner for many years. I would be very cautious of a English Bulldog that is priced what you think would be reasonable. This is one breed that you do not want to buy on a whim or cheap out on if you are buying one. If you get one that has bad bloodlines full of medical issues it could break you just trying to keep the dog healthy. I am not trying to get on a soapbox here but you must be extra careful when you do find a Bulldog and get as much info about the breeder and bloodlines of your dog as it will save you money and heartache in the future. A reputable breeder with many years experience is going to want anywhere from $1800.00 to $3500.00. I am not trying to discourage you but these are the facts
Old 08-31-2007, 06:16 PM
Staging Lane

I too was looking for an English Bulldog at one time, but I researched, and decided on American Bullies instead. EB's have a lot of health related issues, especially if you get one that's been "line breed". It'd be cheap to acquire, but you'll end up paying for it in the long run at the vet for eye/nasal infections, dermatology problems and least of all bad teeth. Just $.02 from a guy that's been down this road before.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TXws6
1200-1500 is a good deal
Bulldogs priced that low are either a scam or are going to have health problems.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:58 PM

Also, be aware they can have major "**** gland" issues and they stink. Maybe I had a bad seed but mine would rub his *** on his cage door and it made the whole house smell like an 82 Cutlass with cloth seats
Old 09-01-2007, 11:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by another_pewter_ss
Also, be aware they can have major "**** gland" issues and they stink. Maybe I had a bad seed but mine would rub his *** on his cage door and it made the whole house smell like an 82 Cutlass with cloth seats
amazing first post
Old 09-01-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah english bulldogs have alot of problems, breathing and so on. One of my friends decided to get one b/c she said they are so cute. Well it has this thing called "Monkey butt" where it takes a crap and it sticks to its ***. She has to wipe it ever time it goes outside, nasty dogs.

I would get an expensive flashy boxer or an american bulldog if you want a bully breed.

As for adoption, I think everyone should adopt at least one dog in their life time. I adopted my first shar pei and he was such a good dog that my parents stole him from me. Of course now a have a pure bred shar pei and a boxer. Plus there are alot of rescue places that have pure breds.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have an english bulldog, they do all have some helth issues though and takes some $$$ to keep them healthy, but the're funny and good dogs...
Old 09-02-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Off subject, but I once lend my close cousin $1400 to buy an English Bulldog for his mom for mothers day. Promised he would pay me back within 2 months, still havent seen **** in over 4 years. Needless to say we dont talk anymore, Im just to nice and trustworthy sometimes.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:55 AM
12 Second Club

My brothers full bread english bull dog attacked me last night when walking by him. He put 2 bullet size holes in my foot top and bottom. Tom i am going to the doc to see if my foot is broken. I cant even walk by him anymore because he starts to growl at me then try to attack. We have no decided whether to put him down, sale him, or hurry the hell up and send him off to hawaii where his REAL owner is (my brother). Brother has been gone for a month or so. Plus his son comes around the house and we dont want the dog attacking him too..
Old 09-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
My brothers full bread english bull dog attacked me last night when walking by him. He put 2 bullet size holes in my foot top and bottom. Tom i am going to the doc to see if my foot is broken. I cant even walk by him anymore because he starts to growl at me then try to attack. We have no decided whether to put him down, sale him, or hurry the hell up and send him off to hawaii where his REAL owner is (my brother). Brother has been gone for a month or so. Plus his son comes around the house and we dont want the dog attacking him too..
A dog that has bitten once WILL bite again. Bulldogs have hundreds (and hundreds) of pounds of jaw pressure in their bite. You have to be as responsible with a powerful dog as you would a weapon. If you can't control it...
Old 09-03-2007, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

Are you talking about the same dog I saw at your house a few times?
Old 09-03-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

uh kill that dog please, a dog that shows HUMAN aggression should be put down
Old 09-03-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

If a bulldog is out of the price range check out Boxers.