razor blades under door handle

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seriously doubt the razor blade or hot wire would do anything. Think about it. If a thief is trying to open your door and gets zapped or cut He's gonna do 1 of 2 things. Do as 3.4camaro said and get pissed and destroy more ****, or he's just gonna open the door with his shirt or something else. It's not rocket science.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

well u live in texas..so shooting people on ur property is legal
Old 10-16-2007, 01:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by quickchrome2000
no I just called to report it stolen I know the stereo is gone, cop told me if I was parked in my property i could blow them away and the law wold be ok with it. the funny thing is a cop lives about 4 houses from mine a sheriff a block away and a state trooper 3 streets, one of the guys in my street got his window broke and his system stolen about 6 months ago and other neighbor scared them before they took his. I think Texas law only gives a slap on the wrist for stereo thieves thats why kids don't care

HB 1887 went into effect on 09/01/07 whice added some subsections to the old bill. You are still better off just filling them full of lead in your front yard. Just hope you don't get any blood on your car or stero equipment.

AN ACT
relating to the punishment for and prevention of the offense of
burglary of vehicles.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
SECTION 1. Section 30.04, Penal Code, is amended by
amending Subsection (d) and adding Subsection (d-1) to read as
follows:
(d) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor,
except that:
(1) the offense is a Class A misdemeanor with a
minimum term of confinement of six months if it is shown on the
trial of the offense that the defendant has been previously
convicted of an offense under this section; and
(2) the offense is a state jail felony if:
(A) it is shown on the trial of the offense that
the defendant has been previously convicted two or more times of an
offense under this section
Old 10-16-2007, 02:08 PM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

All he'd have to say is that he was confused and thought it was a friends car, he was going to leave a book or something in it. Get an alarm with a pager and don't make anything obvious other than the LED. No super flashy head units, no exposed amplifiers or subs and you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:28 PM
TECH Veteran

I've always wanted to tack some razorblades across the top inside of my 6' privacy fence..about 1/4" sticking up..so if somebody tried to climb over my fence they'd be in for a little surprise.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by khaos288
get a head unit with deatchable faceplate then just hide it under the seat lol
been here done that! - they'lle find it too. take faceplate with you
sorry you have to deal with scumbags! my wifes 'burban got a cheap *** CD player (was given to us) stolen in front of my new house too so i feel your pain. if you want to hide out in lawnchair between houses and fire off warning shot or 10 - i doubt they will be back just dot hit anyone a radio aint worth killin for IMO
Old 10-16-2007, 05:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by stangkiller2005
well u live in texas..so shooting people on ur property is legal
I'd hate to have to defend myself in court for shooting somebody over a cd player. The thiefs crooked lawyer will have a field day with you in court. Your best bet is to let the police do their job. Set up a camera and set out some bait, maybe you'll get the same guy. No entrapment if you just afford them the opportunity to get caught.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would fill the car full of some nice stuff and stake out a couple of nights with a nice rifle with a scope on it. I would necessarily shoot them unless it came to that but make them close. You do have the right to shoot someone that is threating your property.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

I decided not to do the razor thing, yesterday I wold have smashed someones head with my slugger if they decided to come back for more.
Just got off e-bay and got an alarm with two sirens for only $15,
i'm gonna put the sirens inside the car and wire it so when the door is opened and its armed it will go off 5 seconds after, hopefully giving the wold be thief a hearth attack or make him deaf for a minute or two
I just want to hurt the ones that are trying to hurt me, killing them wold be to much even for me
Old 10-16-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

alarm wont help, they are thieves, they are expecting an alarm, it just speeds things up. I have an alarm, been broken into 3 times.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Ok, this is advice, and the rules as I heard them from a Lawyer. If you try the razorblade/livewire idea, you could easily get sued and lose. The law states something to the nature of that is someone is trespassing, you can not use extreme or unforseable force to prevent them w/o warning. Example, some idiot comes on your land, gets caught in a bear trap, and you didn't have signs up, he sues, you lose(crude example, but you get the idea). Same will go with razorblade especially, probably the live wire too.

As far as shooting them, same lawyer advised that you shoot to kill, and put a throw down weapon on them so you can claim you feared for your life.

Sorry to hear about your car, and hope you get the little punks.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:39 PM
TECH Junkie

I havent read this whole thread... but putting razor blades under the door handle etc would be a PITA... would you do that everytime you parked your car????
Old 10-16-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS69TA
I'd hate to have to defend myself in court for shooting somebody over a cd player. The thiefs crooked lawyer will have a field day with you in court. Your best bet is to let the police do their job. Set up a camera and set out some bait, maybe you'll get the same guy. No entrapment if you just afford them the opportunity to get caught.
how is the theif going to have a lawyer if he's dead?

just don't shoot them in the back, make sure you hit them from the front. then, like Tex7387 said, use a throwdown weapon (kitchen knife or something similar). case closed, and one less waste of ******* oxygen out on the streets

**** a crackwhore theif!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i recall from my CHL class correctly, booby traps are illegal under TX law.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Banned

You can kill anyone who threatens your property without question, they cannot sue you or even try to under Tx state law. The "Castle" law was passed recently and it states you have the right to punish any trespasser/thief with death. Shoot the scumbags and get them off our streets, they really dont deserve to live, even over a stereo it is stil worth it to kill them. Call me cold blooded but you dont mess with a mans things, if my best friend vandalized or stole from me I would kill him undoubtedly.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:16 AM
TECH Resident

^^^ yes sir just on the news today some old guy shot and killed someone who was walking in his garage at night.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:33 AM
Banned

If anyone steps foot in my garage without my permission, like breaking in or anything like that...there last thoughts would be. "damn. that wasnt worth it....*dies*"

I have a 70' fastback that i built with my bare ******* hands in my garage. And $$$ in tools and equipment.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:41 AM
12 Second Club

I say park with car on grass, leave windows wide open with all your stuff in there, and when they roll up to steal you stuff, BLAST their ***..
That is the beauty of living in this great state, the right to kill someone over YOUR PRIVATE property...

Just make sure the car is on your property, grass. driveway.. etc.
and when you shoot them, its not a wound, its a TO DIE FOR shot.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:51 AM
TECH Resident

^^ Doesn't have to be on your property, you can can shoot if they're attempting to steal your property ie car on street.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by houtex
I have a 70' fastback that i built with my bare ******* hands in my garage. And $$$ in tools and equipment.
Where do you live?

Quick Reply: razor blades under door handle