Someone backed into the Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
you've called and asked?

Thats all that I thought I had too until i talked to them.
Well, I was in the exact same situation as you. We had more than just liability and didn't know it. So, we cut it down to just liability. I also emailed the insurance office yesterday to see if I had any options through them. She said no.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

aaahh thats shitty. I dont think its worth paying a lawyer to take care of tho. It might cheaper/quicker to just get it fixed yourself. I dont think it will be too bad.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Junkie

by the way... whatever you do. Dont go to some cheap paint less dent removal. I did that once when I owned my red z. And the guy hacked up my door jam/car. He was obvoiusly not good at his work. He put a hole iin my door jam about 1.5 inches x 1inch and the dent was mostly out but had a whole bunch of little bumps and looked like ****. It ended up costing me about $600 IIRC to fix his damage (get the dent fixed correctly/rear quarter repainted and get the whole plugged/door jam repainted).
Old 10-20-2007, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the heads up. I might take it to this place called International Paint and Body on 518 in Pearland/Friendswood.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shackleford
Thanks for the heads up. I might take it to this place called International Paint and Body on 518 in Pearland/Friendswood.
They do good work but are very $$$$...I guess it doesn't matter if you get it paid for eventually.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
They do good work but are very $$$$...I guess it doesn't matter if you get it paid for eventually.
I used them once for my LT1. They pulled the subframe back for me. Do you know of any other shops that do good work but have somewhat low prices?
Old 10-20-2007, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

I don't practice law in Texas (nor in any other state, for that matter), but in addition to the parents, I believe you can also go after the registered owner of the car. If that registered owner was allowing an unlicensed minor to drive the car, getting a judgement would be a slam dunk in small claims court. If a parent is the registered owner, they are screwed for letting their child drive the car. Might even be a misdemenor.

Collecting on a judgement might be another matter.

Are you completely positive the other car didn't have insurance? Even though the minor stated it wasn't covered, that might not be the case.

Hiring a lawyer will likely cost you more than the repair. And you probably won't get that money back.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Shackleford
I used them once for my LT1. They pulled the subframe back for me. Do you know of any other shops that do good work but have somewhat low prices?
Try Gay Pontiac they have pretty good bodyshop.I wouldnt let them paint a whole car but as far as touch up and small thigs go they are pretty good and resonable. I ran into a lady in a brand new malibu and they did an awsome job for me for about 600.. just a thought
Old 10-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Banned

Richey Collision does really good work, not sure about price
Old 10-20-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

doesnt seem like you luck didnt go so well for you ! thats pretty shitty. i know mines no better. had a car kick up a 6 inch steel bar on the beltway. it flew right into my bumper and went thru it. left a nasty hole.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ArrestMeRedZ
I don't practice law in Texas (nor in any other state, for that matter), but in addition to the parents, I believe you can also go after the registered owner of the car. If that registered owner was allowing an unlicensed minor to drive the car, getting a judgement would be a slam dunk in small claims court. If a parent is the registered owner, they are screwed for letting their child drive the car. Might even be a misdemenor.

Collecting on a judgement might be another matter.

Are you completely positive the other car didn't have insurance? Even though the minor stated it wasn't covered, that might not be the case.

Hiring a lawyer will likely cost you more than the repair. And you probably won't get that money back.
I never spoke to the kids themselves. The officers said no license and no insurance.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

I do know the license plate. How can I find out who owns the vehicle? My Dad says I should still contact their insurance company, if they even have one for the vehicle.

Also, I do know personally a police chief of a local town. Could he help with the license plate lookup?
Old 10-20-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
doesnt seem like you luck didnt go so well for you ! thats pretty shitty. i know mines no better. had a car kick up a 6 inch steel bar on the beltway. it flew right into my bumper and went thru it. left a nasty hole.
Just heard your car. Sounds good. Man, you better be glad it didn't come right through your windshield at your face. Heh.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I hate hit and runs, I had a v-6 camaro and got hit by a Z and he kept going, I turned around and tried to catch him but there was no way, I knew who it was, and the cops couldnt do anything cuz I couldnt prove it and he had already had a wreck before and hadnt fixed his car so he said that why there was damage on his, needless to say that Z of his never seen the road again for some reason.... lol