rear end shop in lubbock?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default rear end shop in lubbock?

last week i got a flat tire (really flat tire needed to be re mounted) and after i got the tire plugged and re inflated and balanced by firestone the car virbates when i decelerate and makes a noise like i had a loose caliper in the rear (wobble noise i guess you could say) starting at 50mph +. the noise and vibration go away when i give the car throttle but still makes the noise and vibration even if im out of gear decelerating. there is no noise from the rear when turning or anything else so im hoping this isnt serious. my rear end is completely stock except for a adjustable panhard bar

does any one know of a reputable shop in lubbock to take my car to? i need to be able to drive it back to dallas and a 6 hour drive wouldnt be good with this problem

thanks

Old 10-29-2007, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

i know there are a few members from lubbock, does anyone have advice? i have to drive 300 miles in december back home and it wont make it like this, or itll take 10 hours at 45mph
Old 10-29-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm like an hour and a half from Lubbock but I would take it back to Firestone and make them fix it. I know a member that lives in Lubbock on the forum is "thelt1thatcould", you can PM him and ask him.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:14 AM
TECH Addict

yeah i would but im the one who took the wheel off the car and put it back on, i just took the wheel to the shop
Old 10-30-2007, 08:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try calling Texas Speed they might be able to help I have heard they don't do installs anymore but trying calling they have always been pretty cool with me, My car took a **** on there dyno and they did everything they could to help me out. There number is 806-866-0734
Old 10-30-2007, 08:38 AM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

No we still do installs, its just that there is a long waiting list. Right now I can't take anything new in, until January.

I wouldn't mind checking it out some weekend though, I don't keep any tools around the house, but I can probably at least tell you what it is and where to take it if its something major.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Junkie

If you havent already. Go ask on racelubbock.com.. Im sure you'll get some responses. Im fortunate my car never broke down when I lived up there for a sem. Dont know where I would have taken my car, not much to choose from.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by -Joseph-
No we still do installs, its just that there is a long waiting list. Right now I can't take anything new in, until January.

I wouldn't mind checking it out some weekend though, I don't keep any tools around the house, but I can probably at least tell you what it is and where to take it if its something major.
that would be awesome if you could, its definetly a loose sound from the drivers rear but i have checked and everything under there is on tight. i will send you a pm later this week and see when a good time for you is

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
If you havent already. Go ask on racelubbock.com.. Im sure you'll get some responses. Im fortunate my car never broke down when I lived up there for a sem. Dont know where I would have taken my car, not much to choose from.
thanks for the tip i have been looking for a local car forum. i appreciate all the help guys

Last edited by chrysler kid; 10-30-2007 at 12:51 PM.