Course prerequisite question

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008 | 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

Default Course prerequisite question

The prerequisite for PHYS 2425 is Cal I. I want to take PHYS 2425 at ACC, but I took Cal I at San Jac. Do I just have to show ACC my transcript for Cal I? It wouldn't let me register online for PHYS 2425 since I didn't have the prerequisite on file with ACC.
Old 01-08-2008 | 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shackleford
The prerequisite for PHYS 2425 is Cal I. I want to take PHYS 2425 at ACC, but I took Cal I at San Jac. Do I just have to show ACC my transcript for Cal I? It wouldn't let me register online for PHYS 2425 since I didn't have the prerequisite on file with ACC.
you should of given them your transcript when you transferred
Old 01-08-2008 | 09:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
you should of given them your transcript when you transferred
Well, I took courses at ACC then I took some at San Jac. I want to take PHYS at ACC because the course at San Jac conflicts with my schedule.
Old 01-08-2008 | 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I took courses at ACC then I took some at San Jac. I want to take PHYS at ACC because the course at San Jac conflicts with my schedule.
ya, just show up and prove that you already have taken it, then you should be able to register
Old 01-08-2008 | 09:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
ya, just show up and prove that you already have taken it, then you should be able to register
Cool. Thanks. I'll take my San Jac transcript up to ACC tomorrow.
Old 01-08-2008 | 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool. Thanks. I'll take my San Jac transcript up to ACC tomorrow.
ya, that's the easiest way to do it, then whoever you talk to should be able to sign you up for the class right there
Old 01-08-2008 | 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

i am pretty sure they wont do any thing if you show up with a transcript. you have to submit an official transcript from institution to institution. You can usually do it on line and it will only take a day of so. but i am pretty sure they will not accept any thing unofficial.
Old 01-08-2008 | 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sleepersilverado
i am pretty sure they wont do any thing if you show up with a transcript. you have to submit an official transcript from institution to institution. You can usually do it on line and it will only take a day of so. but i am pretty sure they will not accept any thing unofficial.
I haven't found anywhere to do it online yet.
Old 01-09-2008 | 08:04 AM
Launching!

You cant do it online you either have to have your other school send over a transcript or go pick one up and take it to the school. Most schools will accept an unofficial transcript to allow you to sign up for classes however either way will have to be done in person.
Old 01-09-2008 | 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blown4.6
You cant do it online you either have to have your other school send over a transcript or go pick one up and take it to the school. Most schools will accept an unofficial transcript to allow you to sign up for classes however either way will have to be done in person.
Yep, usually that's the case.

Then if you want to transfer that "class", the school has to verify that Cal I = THEIR Cal I class....it's a pain in the ***!

Not all Cal I's are the same!
Old 01-09-2008 | 10:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by blown4.6
I can access an unofficial transcript online from San Jac. Also, San Jac is a better junior college than ACC, so it better equal ACC's Cal I.