Marines; inside now!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 01:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marines; inside now!!

My name is Jeremy and I have joined the Marine corps as of today. I have had a pretty poor quality of life for quite some time now because of my own stupidity and unwillingness to take advice or listen to authority. I am ready to turn things around and start going uphill instead of downhill with my life and I would like to hear some opinions or stories about how being a Marine has made you a better person. Please chime in if you are in the military and let me know what you think about it. I know there are alot of servicemen on this site so dont be shy or hesitate to give me some guidance, Lord knows I need it.
-Jeremy

Last edited by capn smokey; 01-12-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:56 AM
Launching!

i'm not, but my neighbor is an army drill sgt ret. and he is one of the most stand up people i know, he worked his way through the military and he'll never lose my respect
Old 01-11-2008, 08:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The single greatest advise one can give you about the Marine Corps or any other branch of service one may join; it's not what the military makes of you but what you make of the military.

Good luck and I hope you do well in your new endeavour to turn your life around.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:52 AM
TECH Resident

my bro is a cqb infantry marine with the 1-2 outta lejeune. he pretty much loves it. there are good days as well as bad days just like any job. dont give up in bootcamp, you will want to quit at somepoint. be strong. it is a very stuctured lifestyle just like any military branch. good luck. hit me up if u have any questions or anything.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the military is a good thing!! ive been able to live on my own and support my family being in the military! my buddies back home are still doing the same stuff, so u really wont be missing out on anything. the only tough part is being married and the deployments. but like what the other guy said, its what u make out of it. signed up for 6 years and im 3 months away..time really flies man!! oh yeah, the only good thing is when u deploy u get tax free = mod money..

good luck!! but you should have joined the AIR FORCE!!
Old 01-11-2008, 09:36 AM
12 Second Club

it's not what the military makes of you but what you make of the military.
EXACTLY. You get what you put in... and people get what they deserve.

I have had a pretty poor quality of life for quite some time now because of my own stupidity and unwillingness to take advice or listen to authority.
The military is all mind games, politics and a whole career of watching your ***. The marines takes people like you and makes them stand up and honorable soldiers and citizens. They will break you and shape you, given that you don't punch. GL with everything and don't give up, keep putting out.

J
Old 01-11-2008, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

My name is Jeremy and I have joined the Marine core as of today
is that a maritime club of some sort ?????
Old 01-11-2008, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

Hopefully you can go to basic with me that'd be awesome.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Junkie

my cousin went from Navy to Marines. He wasnt doing well when he got out of high school so he joined.... He found a beautiful wife, got a few degrees, and has a very nice place in California. He's traveled the world and is still in the military; best choice hes ever made. Good luck bro!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:03 PM
10 Second Club

It's Marine Corps not core. Best decision I ever made it set me up for life, it will for you to. Just keep your mouth shut and do exactly as you are told to do. Goodluck
Old 01-11-2008, 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im ex special forces and have worked with the Marine Corp on several occassions. The military will definitely clean up your life style and teach you more about life then you ever wanted to know and how to deal with any issues that will ever come forth.

I got out when I was shot twice in Afganistan while trying to carry out a dear close friend and fellow soldier. He later died and I almost died but made it after alot of surgery. Best of luck to you and make your family and country proud.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

Good luck, Army here this summer.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1fstTA
Im ex special forces and have worked with the Marine Corp on several occassions.

I got out when I was shot twice in Afganistan while trying to carry out a dear close friend and fellow soldier. He later died and I almost died but made it after alot of surgery. Best of luck to you and make your family and country proud.
And to people such as you we all owe a deep debt of gratitude. Too many Americans underestimate the level of professionalism and dedication our front line guys display everyday in the face of the enemy. Thanks for your service keeping the USA safe from terrorism.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by capn smokey
My name is Jeremy and I have joined the Marine core as of today. I have had a pretty poor quality of life for quite some time now because of my own stupidity and unwillingness to take advice or listen to authority. I am ready to turn things around and start going uphill instead of downhill with my life and I would like to hear some opinions or stories about how being a Marine has made you a better person. Please chime in if you are in the military and let me know what you think about it. I know there are alot of servicemen on this site so dont be shy or hesitate to give me some guidance, Lord knows I need it.
-Jeremy
Thanks for signing up to defend us. I wanted to, but having asthma kinda fucked me over.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

congrats jeremy. name is joe and been in for a minute. if you got any questions, dont be afraid to ask. things may get tough but it is the best choice i have ever made in my life.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Teching In

ha its funny i found this i am from houston texas and i just graduated from boot camp for the marines yesterday...it is a great experience dont let any of it get you down and everything the drill instructors do is a mind game. i promise that the first two weeks are the harderst and the longest. its a really good feeling though. and as was posted of before its not what the military makes of you but what you make of the military. i wanted to mature myself and already i feel a change but you have to really want it. i wish you the best of luck and if you have any questions about bootcamp just send me a message... also get lots of adresses every letter feels soooo good to get.
cameron
my brother is also in the army... no matter what service you join it is a great thing.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sickss228
It's Marine Corps not core. Best decision I ever made it set me up for life, it will for you to. Just keep your mouth shut and do exactly as you are told to do. Goodluck
Sorry I meant to type corps, I was really sleepy when I made that post. MEPS Sucks!! Thanks for the replies guys, Im pretty excited and nervous at the same time.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wez28
Hopefully you can go to basic with me that'd be awesome.
Yep, 22nd. Well be friends forever
Actually Im at your house right now posting from your comp. lol.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive been in over 2 years and i thank god for every day god gives me in the corps. lol. deployments suck im in iraq right now. im in the air wing airframes mech for attack helos. hueys and cobras. awesome job. our helos dont deliver rice and bandaids like the army and air force ours bring hell with them. oohrah
Old 01-12-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jsteele90
ive been in over 2 years and i thank god for every day god gives me in the corps. lol. deployments suck im in iraq right now. im in the air wing airframes mech for attack helos. hueys and cobras. awesome job. our helos dont deliver rice and bandaids like the army and air force ours bring hell with them. oohrah
our f16's dont bring bandaids or rice with them either.....btw im a combat medic and ive seen my fair of wounded marines, soldiers......... so yea