Free Mod Questions...

Old 01-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free Mod Questions...

Alright guys I am still new to the LS1 cars but I do wanna know what all free mods I can do. I have done some on my own from my own ideas and some from a few buddies. Any help? See the car in my sig....
Old 01-20-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out www.installuniversity.com
Old 01-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Launching!

^yea that site has everything with really good instructions. off the top of my head i would do the FRA and descreen the MAF and do the TB bypass
Old 01-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Launching!

i like that link, thanks guys
Old 01-20-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

dont descreen your maf. its there for a reason. you'll see TONS of threads about people looking for stocks MAFs because they have problems getting their cars tuned with a descreened maf.

do the TB bypass, but its not really a HP mod, its moreso so your TB isnt full of coolant when you remove it.

since you have a manual tranny, you could also do the drill mod to the master cylinder line.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
dont descreen your maf. its there for a reason. you'll see TONS of threads about people looking for stocks MAFs because they have problems getting their cars tuned with a descreened maf.

do the TB bypass, but its not really a HP mod, its moreso so your TB isnt full of coolant when you remove it.

since you have a manual tranny, you could also do the drill mod to the master cylinder line.
uh oh..my MAF is descreened...i didn't know that, thanks for the info
Old 01-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Staging Lane

I had to buy a screened maf becouse mine was out when i bought it car just did not run right with out it.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu

Yeah i wasnt planning on descreening it because of tuning issues.....drill mod on tranny??? what will that help?
Old 01-20-2008, 05:52 PM
TECH Regular

OMG.. descreening the MAF ain't gonna hurt ****. a good tuner can correct any issues that come about from the removed screen. Also - Z06's have descreened MAF's and all aftermarket's are descreened. the screen is there to smooth out the incoming air flow but mass air is more of a benefit imo
Old 01-20-2008, 05:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by HOTRODKEV
Yeah i wasnt planning on descreening it because of tuning issues.....drill mod on tranny??? what will that help?

Don't do the drill mod thats a waste of time IMO. If you search youll see people thinking that that would fix some of their issues when shifting but that isn't the case. Whats does work and if you search you WON'T see anything negative (and its what ive done aswell) make your stock master adjustable. Theres a sticky in the manual trans section.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 6THZ28
OMG.. descreening the MAF ain't gonna hurt ****. a good tuner can correct any issues that come about from the removed screen. Also - Z06's have descreened MAF's and all aftermarket's are descreened. the screen is there to smooth out the incoming air flow but mass air is more of a benefit imo
well i just talked to pavlock....he said descreened wont hurt it but just dont port that tb.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:04 PM
FormerVendor

haha no I said do not port the maf. Port the tb all day long
Old 01-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Pavlock Performance
haha no I said do not port the maf. Port the tb all day long
be more specific when you talk to me. im still learning this free mod bid-ness
Old 01-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone needs to do a mythbuster on Descreened MAFs/ Ported MAFs. I have descreened MAF and my MAF is poly ported MAF ends and the car is running FINE. BTW, my tuner didn't have issues tuning my car with those mods.

Either your tuner(s) need to get clue or just lazy ****.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

I descreened my maf worked fine.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 5w20
Don't do the drill mod thats a waste of time IMO. If you search youll see people thinking that that would fix some of their issues when shifting but that isn't the case. Whats does work and if you search you WON'T see anything negative (and its what ive done aswell) make your stock master adjustable. Theres a sticky in the manual trans section.
I disagree, I never had problems with the clutch pedal until the cam was installed. Car got hard to shift after I would do hard launched (Anything over 5k). After the drill mod have not had a single problem with the pedal sticking to the floor.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by craz1469
I disagree, I never had problems with the clutch pedal until the cam was installed. Car got hard to shift after I would do hard launched (Anything over 5k). After the drill mod have not had a single problem with the pedal sticking to the floor.
Like i said it works for some and for others it doesn't. If you troll the manual trans section you WILL see people who have that done already and continue to have problems with it. Thats why there are two companies that sell adjustable master cylinders.

Search this Thread