Any CNC Operators/Programmers in here?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:46 AM
it is on low boost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any CNC Operators/Programmers in here?

Due to the purchase of BVI Machining, Inc.'s new Mazak Integrex 5 axis CNC machine, I will be hiring another operator here pretty soon. I will need someone to run it at night for now.

Competitive pay applies.
5 years experiance of Mazatrol/Matrix controls is required.
No 401K, insurance or benefits as of right now but we are working towards having it all.
We would be willing to train if we need to but 5 years machining experiance would be required in that case.

BVI Machining, Inc. is a rapidly growing company so we would need someone that can think "outside of the box" and would like to grow with us.

PM's are welcome regarding this post.
Nick
Old 01-24-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Glad to see yall doing BIG things Nick, good luck on your search...

B
Old 01-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Hey Nick, it's Troy from HPD (Electron Blue C5 Z06) if you need CNC ppl might want to try and call one of my branches. I do the staffing for some companies that hire CNC Machinist. Hit me up with a PM on the HPD Forum if you don't find what you're looking for.

Troy.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:17 PM

Nick, if you find the right guys that wants to learn the programming side, and since you are a mazak customer, they will give you a certain amount of training hours to your employee's. Might just want to check into that. Pops has sent several of his guys to training. He has just replaced every machine in his shop to all state of the art machines that Mazak has to offer the industry. He just spent like several mils. or so...You would not even recognize the shop now at all...AC goes in this year...Good luck on your find as most professional guys want the benefits/AC/ and of course pay as its a rate war (demand) for these guys...That part of the problem Dad has ran into in the past but he now has corrected all that...
Old 01-24-2008, 01:26 PM
it is on low boost

Originally Posted by BADZ
Nick, if you find the right guys that wants to learn the programming side, and since you are a mazak customer, they will give you a certain amount of training hours to your employee's. Might just want to check into that. Pops has sent several of his guys to training. He has just replaced every machine in his shop to all state of the art machines that Mazak has to offer the industry. He just spent like several mils. or so...You would not even recognize the shop now at all...AC goes in this year...Good luck on your find as most professional guys want the benefits/AC/ and of course pay as its a rate war (demand) for these guys...That part of the problem Dad has ran into in the past but he now has corrected all that...
We have unlimited hours of training from Mazak. I can send any of my employees to that but I have learned that if you don't wreck it a couple of times, you won't really learn how the machine "thinks". I have two more machines on the way for this year and yes they are expensive. I have been training my manual machine guys to run our CNC and they love it. I really want people that want to learn this stuff or enjoy this type of work. Some people just look forward to the weekly paycheck....
Old 01-24-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lightbulb

any chance you would hire someone with no experience at all and train him from scratch to be your tool?
Old 01-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by regorih383
any chance you would hire someone with no experience at all and train him from scratch to be your tool?
This is probably what he is going to have to do because it is going to be tough to get anybody with experience in there with no benefits unless the pay is unreal. The problem with that is as soon as you train the guys they will usually move on to "greener pastures". There is a big demand for machinist right now.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:38 PM
it is on low boost

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
This is probably what he is going to have to do because it is going to be tough to get anybody with experience in there with no benefits unless the pay is unreal. The problem with that is as soon as you train the guys they will usually move on to "greener pastures". There is a big demand for machinist right now.
I am paying my programmer $80.00/hr right now but you are right about "greener pastures" DeerHunter... There are always contracts though...
Old 01-24-2008, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

PM Sent
Old 01-24-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

ide jump all over this. but im getting out of it. been writing programs for a few years now and setting up haas mills n lathes. damn you pay well i see.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:53 PM
it is on low boost

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
damn you pay well i see.

It's all relative...
Old 01-24-2008, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

Sent you a PM Nick.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts