MTI no longer does F-bodies?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
#2 and #5 in Tony's post covers that.
so what i see is they just want to continue to make big money.....sounds like they sold out to me.....one less reputable shop i can take my low mileage non-whored out car too......guess ill have to find another shop to take all my deployment money too.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

Now you 4thgen guys know how us 3rdgenners feel. When shops turn away your business it doesn't feel good,does it? I went by MTI in I think 99 to ask about a built LT1(4) swap into my 92 RS and the guy at the counter laughed & told me they only work on 93 & newer Fbodies. I am sure he is no longer there but it left a bad taste in my mouth that no one wanted to do the swap. Luckily later I found a local shop to do my LS1 swap & am extremely happy that it worked out that way. Like posted before, there are plenty of other shops that will work on your cars.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

If I wanna get my f-body dyno'd, will they still do that?
Old 03-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jimmypop13
Call them!
Old 03-19-2008, 03:14 PM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by 96ta
so what i see is they just want to continue to make big money.....sounds like they sold out to me.....one less reputable shop i can take my low mileage non-whored out car too......guess ill have to find another shop to take all my deployment money too.
They didn't sell out, they are just doing what they have always done historically, which is always working on the latest greatest performance cars.

If you come with cash & actually want to get some substantial work done & have a clean low mileage car that isn't on it's 3rd or 4th owner & ragged to hell, I'm sure they would take good care of you.

The thing is they usually give you a quote to do the work, they base that on everything coming apart & going back together perfectly, if they have to take an extra half a day to extract broken off bolts or fix other **** that breaks because your ride is old, that cuts into their profit, without a profit, they don't stay in business or have to charge you more for labor.

It's a sound business move so long as they stay busy with the stuff they are working on, otherwise, if business on the new stuff ever drops off, they may have shot themselves in the foot. Either way, they always gave me good service & I'm sure if I went in there ready to drop some cash they wouldn't turn me away, but then again I've bought most of my parts from them & only have 12,5xx miles on my car
Old 03-19-2008, 03:18 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 96ta
It is a business, and this is a business decision. If you owned a business, and had the option to make work more efficient and profitable for yourself, would you turn away the opportunity to do so? They simply do not have the staff to handle ALL cars. How do you think the Mustang and ricers felt when MTI wouldn't work on their cars, ever?

In a perfect world, a shop has the time and capability to work on everything. This isn't a perfect world. If you have the luxury of picking your customer base and keeping the doors open, then you have a highly successful business.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
It is a business, and this is a business decision. If you owned a business, and had the option to make work more efficient and profitable for yourself, would you turn away the opportunity to do so? They simply do not have the staff to handle ALL cars. How do you think the Mustang and ricers felt when MTI wouldn't work on their cars, ever?

In a perfect world, a shop has the time and capability to work on everything. This isn't a perfect world. If you have the luxury of picking your customer base and keeping the doors open, then you have a highly successful business.
i heard that
Old 03-19-2008, 03:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I can't believe people are whining about this.

Note to those people:
Don't ever start your own business. You don't have what it takes.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very well spoken.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jimmypop13
Absolutely!
Old 03-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Modsquad
They didn't sell out, they are just doing what they have always done historically, which is always working on the latest greatest performance cars.

If you come with cash & actually want to get some substantial work done & have a clean low mileage car that isn't on it's 3rd or 4th owner & ragged to hell, I'm sure they would take good care of you.

The thing is they usually give you a quote to do the work, they base that on everything coming apart & going back together perfectly, if they have to take an extra half a day to extract broken off bolts or fix other **** that breaks because your ride is old, that cuts into their profit, without a profit, they don't stay in business or have to charge you more for labor.
Exactly...
Old 03-19-2008, 05:24 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Zach, you should change your policy to reflect something like this:

Motorsport Technologies will gladly provide installation services for your 98-02 LS1 powered f-body*

*does not include f-bodies that are ragged the hell out, have missing OEM items, have been in collisions, have been flooded, have had OEM wiring altered or replaced, have hack-job fabrication work performed, have any stripped bolts or nuts, have more than 50K miles, or have been f-cked up by shadetree mechanics or lousy shops.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Zach, you should change your policy to reflect something like this:

Motorsport Technologies will gladly provide installation services for your 98-02 LS1 powered f-body*

*does not include f-bodies that are ragged the hell out, have missing OEM items, have been in collisions, have been flooded, have had OEM wiring altered or replaced, have hack-job fabrication work performed, have any stripped bolts or nuts, have more than 50K miles, or have been f-cked up by shadetree mechanics or lousy shops.

Now that's worth a permanent signature quote!
Old 03-19-2008, 10:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Loose nuts behind the wheel are one other addendum that need to be made to above statement. And are non MTI fixable
Old 03-19-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Guys, If you can go through your job and do one job for 20K (Constantly) a week or 100 jobs to equal 20K....which one do you think you will choose?

For the staff and time, it is easier to go with option A. They are not selling out but making a move to go with the trends of the automotive world.

Getting a "new/bigger shop", more QUALITY employees, etc. is not the easiest thing in the world. Just ask any other Performance shop in town.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:32 AM
9 Second Club

Its not like H town doesnt have a TON! TON! TON! of f boat shops!
Old 03-20-2008, 07:34 AM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Its not like H town doesnt have a TON! TON! TON! of f boat shops!
What the heck to boat shops have to do with the price of rice in China?
Old 03-20-2008, 08:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Modsquad
What the heck to boat shops have to do with the price of rice in China?

He said F Boats... That = F-bodies.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:03 AM
10-Second Club

I just thought he was another one of the many people with poor grammar & spelling & just hit the F too many times or something.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Launching!

F Boaties

Quick Reply: MTI no longer does F-bodies?