spurs get owned again!!!! LOL!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ross-
What do any of your last several posts have to do with the SA vs. NO series?

And yes, Slick. It was a joke. You see the jester? Nothing gets past you, does it?
My responses were made to you. I didnt bring any of this bs up. The only thing I brought up was the alamo part which was a joke *with out a jester*.

by the way, that jester doesnt mean that it was a joke necessarily.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

What do any of your last several posts have to do with the SA vs. NO series?

And yes, Slick. It was a joke. You see the jester? Nothing gets past you, does it?
I was only messing with ya on the alamodome, etc. I really don't care!
Old 05-07-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkhorSe_SS
I was only messing with ya on the alamodome, etc. I really don't care!
I've been messing with you the last 2 pages.

No hard feelings.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm not a Spurs fan, but I must say, it's extremely gay how you have started these **** talking threads. Especially, since neither team is "your team".
What's your point?

My original post from page 1 of this thread.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's cool! I prefer your city over mine honestly. My uncle lives there
Old 05-07-2008, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Wtf that is all that came out of this argument? Anyhow spurs suck right now no doubt but they will be ok, I hope.............
Old 05-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Ok Ok let me get my .02 cents in, first of all Baseball isn't lame just because some of yawll have the attention span of a goldfish doesn't means it sucks, Dont get me wrong I love Foosball but by far Baseball is the best, the rich history, tradition, century old teams. football is big now but baseball is getting its second wind. Yawll also say that watching the Stros is boring,.....hmmmm, pretend you are not a Spurs fan and watch the Spurs, Rx prescribed extra strenght sleeping pills are not as effective as the Spurs as a sleep medication....its YOUR fault San Antonio why the NBA Finals ratings were so low last year and every year you guys make it to the Finals......Fact, The Rockets Games Worldwide in Ratings darwf the Super Bowl...Fact, San Antonio is better than Houston...FALSE,

Btw when do you guys host the next SuperBowl, or MLB allstar game.....ohhh wait nevermind
Old 05-07-2008, 08:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by redsox_ws6
Ok Ok let me get my .02 cents in, first of all Baseball isn't lame just because some of yawll have the attention span of a goldfish doesn't means it sucks, Dont get me wrong I love Foosball but by far Baseball is the best, the rich history, tradition, century old teams. football is big now but baseball is getting its second wind. Yawll also say that watching the Stros is boring,.....hmmmm, pretend you are not a Spurs fan and watch the Spurs, Rx prescribed extra strenght sleeping pills are not as effective as the Spurs as a sleep medication....its YOUR fault San Antonio why the NBA Finals ratings were so low last year and every year you guys make it to the Finals......Fact, The Rockets Games Worldwide in Ratings darwf the Super Bowl...Fact, San Antonio is better than Houston...FALSE,

Btw when do you guys host the next SuperBowl, or MLB allstar game.....ohhh wait nevermind
First off, even trying to read your post gave me a headache. I'll try to reply to the little that I understood.

Just curious, when was the last time that you guys hosted the final four? or the nba championships?

Either way, im from SA. I dont like baseball. If SA doesnt host MLB events, I'm glad. And as far as football goes, the cowboys will always be my team.

Baseball does have a lot of history, tradition etc, but thats all that they have IMO. I think its fair to say its losing fans.

SA is a boring team to watch, but thats bc they play organized and don't need to try to look pretty to win games. But do I wish that we had a kobe? lebron? or garnett? yes, with out a doubt. I like to be entertained, but winning games/championships entertains me enough.

And if the reason why I dont like baseball is bc I have a short attention span, then thats fine. It just proves that its not entertaining, bc football/basketball have no problems keeping my interest. I don't like baseball, not a big deal. The majority of my friends dont like baseball either. We were brought up playing/watching basketball/football. Not playing/watching baseball.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Teching In

^^^ sorry if I offend some of you guys, I'm just breaking ***** here, just having some tennis match **** talk. Let's keep it going and not make it personal...its fun and funny
Old 05-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Teching In

ok my turn:

Ohhh wow the Final four card, hmmm let me think, I think and know Houston will host the Final Four on 2012, I'm not sure if that's before or after we get the Superbowl again. The NBA championship hmmm we should have a few of those coming up, and you guys will be waiving to them goodbye and go back to your obscure mediocre seaons of years past, pre twin towers days.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by redsox_ws6
ok my turn:

Ohhh wow the Final four card, hmmm let me think, I think and know Houston will host the Final Four on 2012, I'm not sure if that's before or after we get the Superbowl again. The NBA championship hmmm we should have a few of those coming up, and you guys will be waiving to them goodbye and go back to your obscure mediocre seaons of years past, pre twin towers days.
So "hoping" for the future was your argument back? LMAO.

By the way, Pop is a bad *** coach. I wouldnt count SA out in future years either, it'll take some work. But he turns no namers into hoopers.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:19 AM
Staging Lane

its simple. sa is boring. the team and the city. ive lived in this town my whole life. the clubs are all the same. there isnt an equal balance of honest to good cars vs riced out pieces of crap. every once and a blue moon u see something that catches ur eye... u run it and thats that.

ive been to h-town. ive seen whats out there. i dont care too much for the for most of the people in the city... but im sure that locals there will agree. the rockets will always have better regular season rating vs. the spurs in the playoffs. they have freakin yao who only comes from one of the largest if not the largest populated places in the world!

but back to the subject of the spurs. this town that claim to be "true fans" cant go outside and name other players on the team. heck most of the people i work with were tellin me that the spurs were gonna beat the lakers in the 2nd rd.! they cant even tell u most of the time when the game is on! the true fans i give u guys credit. if u know the history and know what the up and current news on the team im okay with that. there were people tellin me that parker deserves mvp honors over kobe because he scored 41 against an aging steve nash. duncan cries on every foul... pop makes smarta** comments with the media when they lose a game... sean elliot cant call a game w/o calling everything a foul against the other team. he really needs to get off the teams jock. he doesnt play for them anymore and he is the only commentator that calls the game one sided. for god sake walton will talk mess about his own son if he is playin like crap!

that is the problem with this city. people here have a issue with calling things down the middle. they believe that the nba, cia, fbi, and atf have something against "their" team and not wanting them to win games. it gets really old. no one here... atleast that ive talked to can admit that the spurs are getting old and that they tanked the 97 season to get duncan. robinson sat on the bench the almost the entire year... kinda like what the heat did towards the end of the season... and drafted duncan the next year. not to mention that the 99 season is a half season title. the spurs were the only team to hold camp during the "strike." they cant repeat. anyone can win a title one year and blow it the next... look at miami. much harder to win back to back. the celtics, lakers, rockets, bulls are and will always be considered more elite than the spurs will ever be. all those teams were able to defend their titles... not the spurs.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JRC2000SS
its simple. sa is boring. the team and the city. ive lived in this town my whole life. the clubs are all the same. there isnt an equal balance of honest to good cars vs riced out pieces of crap. every once and a blue moon u see something that catches ur eye... u run it and thats that.

ive been to h-town. ive seen whats out there. i dont care too much for the for most of the people in the city... but im sure that locals there will agree. the rockets will always have better regular season rating vs. the spurs in the playoffs. they have freakin yao who only comes from one of the largest if not the largest populated places in the world!

but back to the subject of the spurs. this town that claim to be "true fans" cant go outside and name other players on the team. heck most of the people i work with were tellin me that the spurs were gonna beat the lakers in the 2nd rd.! they cant even tell u most of the time when the game is on! the true fans i give u guys credit. if u know the history and know what the up and current news on the team im okay with that. there were people tellin me that parker deserves mvp honors over kobe because he scored 41 against an aging steve nash. duncan cries on every foul... pop makes smarta** comments with the media when they lose a game... sean elliot cant call a game w/o calling everything a foul against the other team. he really needs to get off the teams jock. he doesnt play for them anymore and he is the only commentator that calls the game one sided. for god sake walton will talk mess about his own son if he is playin like crap!

that is the problem with this city. people here have a issue with calling things down the middle. they believe that the nba, cia, fbi, and atf have something against "their" team and not wanting them to win games. it gets really old. no one here... atleast that ive talked to can admit that the spurs are getting old and that they tanked the 97 season to get duncan. robinson sat on the bench the almost the entire year... kinda like what the heat did towards the end of the season... and drafted duncan the next year. not to mention that the 99 season is a half season title. the spurs were the only team to hold camp during the "strike." they cant repeat. anyone can win a title one year and blow it the next... look at miami. much harder to win back to back. the celtics, lakers, rockets, bulls are and will always be considered more elite than the spurs will ever be. all those teams were able to defend their titles... not the spurs.

SA is boring to some people, not to all. If you're in to outdoors/water activities etc. Then this is a bad *** area to live in. This area is centered around the summer months. I would choose austin over any texas city(even though they dont have any major professional sports teams)

And you said people that you work with act like they know about the spurs/who should be mvp etc. There are people like that EVERYWHERE, not just SA. And I highly doubt that SA purposely sucked dick the year prior to getting TD. Robinson was hurt all season. And SA had less then a 5% chance of winning the lottery(I forget the actual %, but it was low). There would be no logical reason to purposely lose games for a shitty chance like that, WE GOT LUCKY. And yes, SA did when on a 50 game season, who gives a ****, They have won 3 after that. And if SA was the only team to hold practices during the strike. Hats off to them. Was a smart move.

And you cant even compare miamis shitty play after there championship. SA has been a contender EVERY year since their first championship. Not that easy to win EVERY year. I'd be content with winning a championship every other year, which city/team wouldnt?
Old 05-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Banned

If we are comparing cities there really is no contest. All SA has is the spurs and thats all they will ever have.

Houston > SA as far as sports cities are concerned hands down.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:03 AM
TECH Junkie

I do like going to San Antonio for the Riverwalk and for Sea World.

San Antonio has Houston's *** kicked when it comes to theme parks. Astroworld turned ghetto and now we have nothing.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Banned

San Antonio has Houston's *** kicked when it comes to theme parks. Astroworld turned ghetto and now we have nothing.
Yep, I really enjoy the riverwalk and Fiesta TX, just being in SA for a few days. I don't think I could live there, but it's a fun place for 3-4 days tops.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:10 AM
TECH Regular

Not true, we still have all the ghettos.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
Yep, I really enjoy the riverwalk and Fiesta TX, just being in SA for a few days. I don't think I could live there, but it's a fun place for 3-4 days tops.
We took our little girl to Sea World last summer (July maybe?). It was hotter than hell, but we definitely had a good time.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:19 AM
TECH Regular

We took our little girl to Sea World last summer (July maybe?). It was hotter than hell, but we definitely had a good time.
I thought it was nice and breezy when I went August '05. Of course I was used to a little more extreme weather but yea, San An in the summers are very hot compared to Houston. We just have more humidity.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Randy_S
I thought it was nice and breezy when I went August '05. Of course I was used to a little more extreme weather but yea, San An in the summers are very hot compared to Houston. We just have more humidity.
We were there during a heat wave or something. I can take some heat and it was BAD that day. I don't recall any breeze whatsoever.