What's to do in Humble/Kingwood area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 12:35 PM
10-Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What's to do in Humble/Kingwood area?

Well, been out of the dating game for years...got a date tonight & we are meeting for dinner in Humble, we haven't decided on what we are doing after that. I haven't been to Humble or Kingwood in about 6 years other than just driving thru a little bit. Is there anything decent to do there? Nothing crazy, just something low key where we can talk. When I lived in Kingwood, I used to go to Molly's Pub on the loop all the time, that place still ok to hang out & have a beer & throw darts?
Old 05-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Teching In

take her home, knock her down
Old 05-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Launching!

if you liked molly's, there's mulligans on 1960 in atascocita, it's a similar place. there's also a sherlock's in downtown humble by the bingo parlor, that's probably one of the best spots in humble as far as a bar goes
Old 05-07-2008, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by stylezunknown
LOL!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:02 PM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by stylezunknown
Well, as much fun as that would be, this one seems more like someone I want to keep around & I'm a man of higher character than that. Not only that, but it's not like when you go fishing...once you catch something, you can't just throw it back. I'm not trying to catch any gifts that keep on giving, lol. Hell I'm nervous enough as it is, she's pretty damn hot & normally I'd think she was out of my league, but I'm living by new rules now...and they already appear to be paying off

Yeah, I've been to the Sherlock's in Humble, didn't care for it much, when I was there, the service sucked. She lives down near Mulligans, and I've been there too, I like it, but she has friends that go there, and for now, I want to be able to hang out with her without her buds coming in & wanting to join us. If it were a weekend, I'd take her downtown/midtown or to the Woodlands....but we both have early mornings so I'm trying to cut the drive time out....anything new in the Kingwood area? I've heard the Humble stuff.....and thanks for the input guys.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:04 PM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
that's probably one of the best spots in humble as far as a bar goes
Oh yeah, it doesn't necessarily need to be a bar, if you have other suggestions of anything interesting or fun to do in the general area, post em up please
Old 05-07-2008, 01:32 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Marc, there is a new bar just about 1/2-mile south of 1960, on West Lake Houston Pkwy. It is a live music bar, seems pretty nice and popular. Coming from 1960, it is in a shopping complex on your right, behind Mo's BBQ. I would go there.

I can't remember the name of it, but it has a huge marquis sign and light display on the front. It is directly behind Mo's BBQ
Old 05-07-2008, 01:36 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Here is the address to Mo's BBQ:

18323 W Lake Houston Pkwy
Humble, TX
Old 05-07-2008, 01:39 PM
10-Second Club

I thought Moe's was on the west end of Humble on 1960. Can you just tag a random spot on a google map & get me a link to the general vicinity? You can right click the map to add a place on it. But now that I think of the area you are talking about, I may be able to find it....just been ages since i've driven around much there.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:39 PM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Here is the address to Mo's BBQ:

18323 W Lake Houston Pkwy
Humble, TX
Thanks, that's good enough to get me there.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:14 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, you could go to the deerbrook 24 movies, get a snack in the food court. Just a bunch of kids though, the mall has beer
Old 05-07-2008, 02:23 PM
10-Second Club

A) There's a Movie Tavern in Humble.
B) Dating tip number 1, never take a girl you are just getting to know to a movie unless it's at the end of a very long date. Going to a movie is taking the easy way out. I want to get to know this lady better, not sit in silence next to her for 1.5-2 hours. I want to have a reason for there to be a second date, and I don't think you'll do much talking or connecting in a theater.
C) Thanks for the input all the same I appreciate it, I just don't agree with it

Oh, and yeah, last time I went there, that place was a day care for punk kids. The Deerbrook Mall seems to be following Greenspoint from what I could tell....although it's never been the same since they closed the Corn Dog No. 7.....at least I didn't see it last time I was there, but maybe I am mistaken, lol. Mmmmmm, corn dogs!
Old 05-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Modsquad
I thought Moe's was on the west end of Humble on 1960. Can you just tag a random spot on a google map & get me a link to the general vicinity? You can right click the map to add a place on it. But now that I think of the area you are talking about, I may be able to find it....just been ages since i've driven around much there.
there is one there, over by fatal perf. they must have opened another one. west lake houston pkwy is a few miles past mulligan's going east. just hang a right and you'll be headed in the right direction
Old 05-07-2008, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Modsquad
Well, as much fun as that would be, this one seems more like someone I want to keep around & I'm a man of higher character than that. Not only that, but it's not like when you go fishing...once you catch something, you can't just throw it back. I'm not trying to catch any gifts that keep on giving, lol. Hell I'm nervous enough as it is, she's pretty damn hot & normally I'd think she was out of my league, but I'm living by new rules now...and they already appear to be paying off
if thats the case, shouldnt matter what you go do...**** go to walmart
Old 05-07-2008, 03:03 PM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by camarodave98
if thats the case, shouldnt matter what you go do...**** go to walmart
Walking around Wally-World at about 10-1am is actually rather entertaining depending on which one you go to, lol. There are some strange people that come out to shop late at night.

As for Moe's. I remember when I was a small portable building or one of those home depot buildings....they have come up in the world. I sold my old S&W .357 mag to a guy that worked at the 1st little joint they put up there back in the mid 90's. Wish I'd never sold that gun now looking back.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:06 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

The Mo's I posted is a newer one. There is also a decent Mexican food restaurant in the same parking lot as Mo's. I think it is called Rancho Grande or something.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:13 PM
10-Second Club

I'm going to go to HB Steak House in Humble, I love me some hibatchi. I've only been to that one once & it was good, but I've been to the one in Champions a lot & always enjoyed it.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:19 PM
10-Second Club

The name of that bar is Rock Wine Blues if anyone is interested. She had been there before on a weekend & said it was fun. It was pretty dead last night, but it was perfect since there weren't many distractions & we were able to talk. The music was a little loud, but we were able to talk over it fine. The bar tender even walked over a couple of shots for us on the house. I had a great night out, thanks for the suggestion Tony.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:38 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Thanks for the review, the wife and I have been meaning to try that bar. Other friends have said it was nice on weekends too.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:45 PM
10-Second Club

The staff was friendly & music was good, I'm sure it is better on weekends. Maybe we can all have a GTG up there some time. I'm sure I'll be going out with the lady I went out with last night again. She has a daughter so us going out revolves around nights her dad has her daughter. It seems like a great place to just take a date or to go with a group of friends. It's really nice inside too, it's very wide open. They had my Blue Moon beer on tap, so I was happy, lol.