Help needed with damn dog

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the jack russle terrier for your big dog to play with. I got a Great Pyrannese for my Husky/Malamute/Wolf mix when I had dogs. She had someone to play with and quit tearing things up. The problem was, they both thought of different ways to get out of the yard and learned from each other.

I just turned down a free German Shepherd because he is 6 mo old and lacking in discipline and I just don't have the time to spend with him that he would require to fix his behavioral problems.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Originally Posted by Howie Felterbush
Not the answer!!!!!

Scoop up his poop and put it in the holes he digs. He will eventually stop. Dogs dont like to dig in their own ****.
I was waiting for someone to say this! It works. I did this when my dog was a puppy and never had another problem.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1x2
I was waiting for someone to say this! It works. I did this when my dog was a puppy and never had another problem.
Post #16.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just do a combination of several different things.

put the chicken wire under the topsoil in places that you REALLY don't want to get messed up, like in the flower garden.

in the other areas that are less important, and can just be filled up again, do the combination of chili pepper and their own **** in the holes to deter him further.

and when you're home, spend time with him and do things to tire him out, like play ball/frisbee/fetch, etc.

in some cases, getting a second dog as a companion will work wonders, too....it will help keep them busy playing/fighting each other, and less focused on stuff like digging.

also, some dogs only dig if they get too hot, they will dig holes to get to the cooler dirt underneath to keep cool. make sure they have a nice, shady place to go when it gets hot, and that they have plenty of water available. it might even be a good idea to put a small kiddie pool full of water for them to get in when it gets hot.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:43 AM
TECH Regular

Default **updates**

I got home from work yesterday and saw that obviously he had not dug any more holes being that he was locked up in the box so I decided to take him for a nice walk. I sat down in my rocker and had him come to me and told him to sit. A little pee comes out. I reach out for his collar and he instintively rolls over on his back. I tried to get him to sit back up and he immediately started pissing, on me. He managed to hit me in the face, thank God I was wearing my Oaks so he only got it on there but I jumped up and stormed off. Oh, the leash broke at the same time when I got up as he jumped back. So instead of crushing his pecker with my foot like I wanted to do or beating him with the retractable end of the leash, I went in and got cleaned up and left for Walmart. I proceeded to first get him and the Jack Russell new leashes, some chew bones and some treats. I got back home and got him out in the yard. I got a hold of his collar and held it up so that he couldn't roll over and we went for a 2 mile walk. I made him stop about every 100 yards and sit where he would pee the first 10 to 12 times. At our 2nd trip by the house, he was pulling that way and panting pretty hard so we stopped and got my fiance and the Jack Russell and went again for another 1/2 mile or so. Last night he did nothing but chew on his bone and sleep. I left him out this morning to see what he does but if he screws up once, it is back in the box.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
that they have plenty of water available. it might even be a good idea to put a small kiddie pool full of water for them to get in when it gets hot.
The two dogs already have a kiddie pool for their water bowl and to play in. They also have a 20'x40' covered patio out back to lay under.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:58 AM
FormerVendor

I have a Boxer and breaking him in took some work! He tried to pull the dominance role which that wasnt gonna happen. I worked with him constantly and taught him how to walk with a leash. "Not pull me, but watch me and just walk next to me".

The digging in the yard bit was solved by scooping his poop in the holes. He would just re-dig those holes and toss the poop out of the way and go deaper, so I put chili peppered and creole season Turds in there and he didnt like that one too much! Nothing worse than having spicy turds on your nose all day!!
Old 05-13-2008, 08:01 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Pavlock Performance
I have a Boxer and breaking him in took some work! He tried to pull the dominance role which that wasnt gonna happen. I worked with him constantly and taught him how to walk with a leash. "Not pull me, but watch me and just walk next to me".

The digging in the yard bit was solved by scooping his poop in the holes. He would just re-dig those holes and toss the poop out of the way and go deaper, so I put chili peppered and creole season Turds in there and he didnt like that one too much! Nothing worse than having spicy turds on your nose all day!!
I actually thought about crushing up a bunch of beer bottles and other glass then putting that in the holes for him to dig in. Would that have been a little over the top?
Old 05-13-2008, 08:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Randy_S
I actually thought about crushing up a bunch of beer bottles and other glass then putting that in the holes for him to dig in. Would that have been a little over the top?
Damn Randy you don't like this dog a whole lot do you?
Old 05-13-2008, 08:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Damn Randy you don't like this dog a whole lot do you?
I only thought that briefly while driving to Walmart after he pissed in my face. You would have thought some bad stuff like that at the same time as well.
I also thought about having a cathiter (sp) inserted in his pecker and run it up through his collar and point back in his face and then get him real excited!!!
Old 05-13-2008, 08:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Randy,

When a dog roles over and pisses it's a sign of submissive behavior, your dog is telling you that you are the alpha, and he accepts his role in your pack. I know it sucks, but it seems your dog has been beaten in the past. Patience is the key here, once your dog sees you are here for him/her, and not here to hurt him/her it will get better exercise is the key, as mentioned. If you could a 10' x 12' dog kennel with a concrete floor during the day while your at work instead of the undersized crate would be a better option, but I understand, new house = not allot of extra cash on hand. Keep working with him/her and you will have a very loyal dog. good luck and try to be patient.

~James
Old 05-13-2008, 08:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

This thread is hilarious. You should be a dog trainer Randy you have some great ideas
Old 05-13-2008, 08:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02 WS-6
Randy,

When a dog roles over and pisses it's a sign of submissive behavior, your dog is telling you that you are the alpha, and he accepts his role in your pack. I know it sucks, but it seems your dog has been beaten in the past. Patience is the key here, once your dog sees you are here for him/her, and not here to hurt him/her it will get better exercise is the key, as mentioned. If you could a 10' x 12' dog kennel with a concrete floor during the day while your at work instead of the undersized crate would be a better option, but I understand, new house = not allot of extra cash on hand. Keep working with him/her and you will have a very loyal dog. good luck and try to be patient.

~James
He was thrown from a moving car out into the middle of a hwy. I think I know why he was thrown but that is why I wanted to give him a chance. I have to be more patient.

Do you think he will stop pissing on me if I **** on him?
Old 05-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Banned

ROFL! thats some cold **** randy....but than again had a dog pissed in my face we would of been at war LOL My lil dog is pretty trained. It does take time and it also helps that someone is with her at all times. Dogs like attention....maybe its time to get ur dog a pet LOL
Old 05-13-2008, 09:07 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by XplicitPerformance
ROFL! thats some cold **** randy....but than again had a dog pissed in my face we would of been at war LOL My lil dog is pretty trained. It does take time and it also helps that someone is with her at all times. Dogs like attention....maybe its time to get ur dog a pet LOL
That is why I got this one, to have a friend for our other dog so that he would quit chewing. Well we got what we asked for as he doesnt seem to be chewing anymore.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

He was thrown from a moving car out into the middle of a hwy. I think I know why he was thrown but that is why I wanted to give him a chance. I have to be more patient.

Do you think he will stop pissing on me if I **** on him?
I think he will. You should record your **** Fest and put it on Youtube
Old 05-13-2008, 09:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
I think he will. You should record your **** Fest and put it on Youtube
I am afraid that I would get beat up by PETA if I posted a video of myself pissing on a stupid dog.

I did go to High School with a guy who hated cats for some reason and carried a 4 10 around in his truck for when he saw one. He would also catch them and put them in this small wooden barrell that he had put nails in. He called it his Barrell O' Fun. You can guess what he would do with that.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am afraid that I would get beat up by PETA if I posted a video of myself pissing on a stupid dog.

I did go to High School with a guy who hated cats for some reason and carried a 4 10 around in his truck for when he saw one. He would also catch them and put them in this small wooden barrell that he had put nails in. He called it his Barrell O' Fun. You can guess what he would do with that.
Damn, was that guys name Charlie M.?
Old 05-13-2008, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Evil Charlie. I can hear the kitties, "Charlie's got the drop on us! Run!"
Old 05-13-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Tie it's leash to your rear bumber...Clark W. Griswold style.