Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do a lil running and workout a lil, mix that with some muscle milk and E-Pol
Old 06-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Teching In

nwmembr19 u dont know what u are talking about!! u named pro hormones, they are not steroids. did u also know that u can die from too much of vitamin c, too much of anything can be bad. ephedra is safe in the right hands, just like guns, women, and fast cars!!!! **** the government
Old 06-10-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

over the last month and a half i have lost 20lbs and thats not being "strict" on myself
everyione is different body type, but i do know this...

i dont think you can Build a LOT of muscle and get cut at the same time....so i think one or the other is good.

Water ONNNNNLLLLLYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant express that enuf. be strict and ******* do it!
buy those sliced ham and turky packets from Walmart and eat those...a single serving is 45 cal, and they are good.

like said already 5 small meals a day
and a **** LOAD of cardio.

and when you dont see resultys quickly, dont get frustrated just keep on going.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TUMBLRws6
over the last month and a half i have lost 20lbs and thats not being "strict" on myself
everyone is different body type, but i do know this...

i dont think you can Build a LOT of muscle and get cut at the same time....so i think one or the other is good.

Water ONNNNNLLLLLYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant express that enuf. be strict and ******* do it!
buy those sliced ham and turky packets from Walmart and eat those...a single serving is 45 cal, and they are good.

like said already 5 small meals a day
and a **** LOAD of cardio.

and when you don't see results quickly, don't get frustrated just keep on going.
same here, run an hour then I work out another 20-30 mins after that. I do that at least 5 times a week.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't do much cardio to lose weight, I'm on my feet all day 6 days a week and at least half of it daily is fast paced work... I do a warm up bit of cardio, then go straight to weights 3 - 5 times a week depending on what I'm doing, or I use kettle bells and restistance bands at home. Works well for me, and allows me to target things easier when I'm trying to work out.

2 years ago, I went from 295 pounds to about 230-235ish in about 9 months by changing my diet, routine and in general my lifestyle went from being "meh" about things to being pretty strict and hardcore about it... While I gained a lot of muscle during that time, the fat was shedding off noticeably enough to where I was happy with a bit of a slower fat loss as long as I was gaining muscle mass as well.

As far as fat loss is concerned, the more muscle you're building, the more fat you'll burn off in the process once your body starts to come out of it's "Hibernation" mode... and unfortunately, waiting tables = hard as hell to keep your metabolism going like it should be since you don't often have time to take a quick meal, and end up eating more than you should on a break.

Fat Loss supplements do their jobs well, I use a lot of Redline in my diet mostly because its quick, powerful and I can drink it easilly at work rather than worrying about keeping a bunch of pills somewhere other than my pockets where they can become damaged or dirty. Most reasonable fat loss supplements come in quick disolving plastic capsules instead of a hard concentrated pill, so keeping them somewhere where it tends to get hot and humid from friction, food, body temp and whatever else kind of sucks.

Maintaining a reasonable protein and fiber intake tends to work a lot better for me, though the noxious gases that come from said intake isn't the most pleasant...

doing a bi-monthly cleansing routine also has a good effect on me.

now I just need to learn to cut down on the alcohol intake
Old 06-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Banned

i've had nothing but water since last wednesday night, sugar free peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat and/or whole wheat with ham for lunch and diner... i would kill for a DR. PEPPER right now but i'm going to keep at it and water only, even giving up beer (very sad....) I'm not trying to get "ripped" i just want to lose the weight mainly, and i know that once i am losing it, and working out gaining the muscle back i will get "bigger" muscle wise, not necessarily cut, when i was a freshmen/sophomore in college playing football working out, running, etc constantly i was "big" just never cut at all... definition in the arms is about all i ever had...
Old 06-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Banned

well, since I can't stand running on a tread mill or eliptical I decided to use my imagination and try something different today... 5 minute jump rope warmup with sauna suit on, then went to stair jumps (up and down, up and down, so on) for 30 seconds, then sprinted to the far side of my yard (~30 yards) jump rope for 30 seconds, spring back and stair step, did that for 5 minutes. once i was VERY warm and heart rate was up, i did some pushups, etc, then another set of the same. after this i went to the back and found some blocks (concrete bags that had been rained on and hardened) picked one up and held it like a huge, shoulders up, body straight, mid section tight, walked like this around the back yard once, did some tricep curls with the block, then some bent over rows, and then another lap around the yard with it. this all took about 40 minutes, I was sweatting like a french *****, heart rate was up the entire time. I feel pretty good after it, I think I'll try this every other day mixed with the weights and see what kind of results I get. what are some of the "home made" things you guys do to avoid the tread mill??
Old 06-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Launching!

i recently started using the "stair master " the gym it burns like crazy and gets me sweating a hell of alot more then if i was just on the elyptical machine

i havent done much of any thing home made yet except for turning the stereo on through out the house while i was cleaning and doing laundry etc. i was dancin around having fun (sounds gay ) but it got me sweating a little bit.

what is yalls opinion on splurging every now and then is it good or should you just stick strictly to the diet, i have been on my diet for two weeks now and this friday i was thinking going out to eat at a mexican restruant as a reward kinda
Old 06-10-2008, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

"I smoke rocks" nah j/k! But on serious note. I see more people lose weight by eating right and regular cardio. Supp's are good, but to many people take those things and never work out. In the end they gain even more weight.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you must take a pre workout I would look into BlackPowder by MRI, not No xlode. I was taking 3 doses of NO to get any type of benefit. I take it in cycles, helps me get prepped for the gym so I'll go. Gives me an extra pump, usually can do more sets on it.

So preworkout: 1 dose of black powder and a 5 g helping of Glutamine.
Prior workout: 5g creatine (phosfagen, cheap), 5 g Glutamine, 1 scoop of Whey protien, and 1 scoop of a slower obsorbing protein like soy or egg whites. In addition get a good multi like animal pak. Check out www.bodybuilders.com www.bodybuilding.com, great prices, reviews, and forums. Lastly if you are taking Hydroxycut, it is designed to work with your sped up matabolism which is caused by cardio activity.

Food is essential, since your trying to slim down, you need to cut down your fat and calorie intake by half. Calories down to 1500, fat to 20 - 30 grams (this is important, very hard to burn off), and about 400 carbs max. You can workout and still be a fat ***, no offense. Fish is one of the best sources. I get sick of chicken all the damn time.

If you workout consistently and half your intake and watch what you eat you will see results. Also stay away from slow obsorbing fats such as lard which is used to fry food. Either go at it hardcore, or take a nice easy pace so you don't get burned out.

Also do not use any weight gainers like muscle milk, they work good but are full of fat.

Here is an example of what I do:

Day 1 Upper Chest/light tris/obliques/1-2 miles of cardio
Day 2 Back/light bis/abs/1-2 miles of cardio
Day 3 Shoulders/light tris/obliques/1-2 miles of cardio
Day 4 Bis/forarms (kind of an easy day)/ 1-2 miles of cardio
Day 5 Lower Chest/light tris/abs/ 1-2 miles of cardio
Day 6 Legs / 1-2 miles of cardio

usually in the gym about 45 mins to 1 hour max. Keep reps in the range of 8-12. You can fill in your own excercises max of 4 per group and you can cut out the extra chest day. I am 6'1 and weigh 208 and feel this workout is adequate for me. You can also cut down your cardio time if you pic the pace up more, this is better for muscle building. If you run to long of distance your body will burn the muscle (look at cross country runners). Anyways, hope this helps.

Forgot, for cardio either run or use the stairs. Fat people are always on the eliptical for a reason. Stairs and sprints are great for muscle growth, joging is good for heart rate and so forth.

Last edited by redz_02; 06-11-2008 at 01:49 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good info.... keep it coming
Old 06-11-2008, 02:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

does anybody remember how many MGs of ephedra Metabolife 356 had in it?
Old 06-11-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

nevermind, I think it was ~25mgs.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by obseSSed
nevermind, I think it was ~25mgs.
is that what you used?
Old 06-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Banned

what is considered a "safe" rate of weight loss, I'm down another 4.5# as of today after work... also, this new diet and workout routine (i guess this is the cause) has grossly affected my BM... i was knocking out 2-3 a day, and now i'm at 3 this week...
Old 06-13-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Junkie

With a good diet and good exercise you can lose 2 lbs. per week. If you supplement and really get after it in the gym and at meal time I suppose you could lose a little more, but it also depends on your body composition when you start. Severely obese people will lose weight at a very rapid pace as they begin to diet and exercise properly.

If your gym has a basketball court and you're at all athletic you're better off playing some pick-up games than getting on a treadmill. Cardio like basketball is more affective than the steady state cardio that you get on a treadmill or eliptical machine or whatever.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Banned

i've been doing the "farm boy" cardio... seems to be pretty good for me... works well for my body and isn't hurting the parts that are already hurt...
Old 06-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by monkey97z28
nwmembr19 u dont know what u are talking about!! u named pro hormones, they are not steroids. did u also know that u can die from too much of vitamin c, too much of anything can be bad. ephedra is safe in the right hands, just like guns, women, and fast cars!!!! **** the government
You're an idiot. A prohormone is a precursor to an anabolic steroid and gets converted to the actual steroid in your system. Don't go around telling people to take steroids. It's ignorant.